• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, who can hate Liverpool? For me, that club represents the true essence of Football, not only by their history but by their supporters. Who doesn't get chills every time you hear You'll never walk alone at Anfield? I mean is almost impossible to hate a club like that.

Blablurn

Liverpool likeable? My goodness. Bayern also need to be relegated.

tumblr_njs15ivA8X1tj6xaio4_250.gif

I mean, who can hate Liverpool? For me, that club represents the true essence of Football, not only by their history but by their supporters. Who doesn't get chills every time you hear You'll never walk alone at Anfield? I mean is almost impossible to hate a club like that.

What about the part where it's like a morgue at Anfield as soon as the song finishes?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The only way Bayern will get relegated is that if we all agree to forget about them and ban mentioning their name, like Voldemort.

They-who-must-not-be-named

But they'll continue to whip us in Europe so good luck with that Lightning

Walshy

What about the part where it's like a morgue at Anfield as soon as the song finishes?
When the title challenge was going on last year the atmosphere at Anfield was fantastic, however it ultimately has been very shit in recent years. In past seasons, fan groups have tried to get a singing section similar to the Green Brigade at Celtic.

I think if the tickets was cheaper though and safe standing was realistic, I think you would get a lot better atmospheres at not just Anfield, a lot of the clubs in the PL.

Won't happen any time soon though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Despite the stadiums not being full in Italy, you'll always hear signing and chants. The beauty of ultras

When the title challenge was going on last year the atmosphere at Anfield was fantastic, however it ultimately has been very shit in recent years. In past seasons, fan groups have tried to get a singing section similar to the Green Brigade at Celtic.

I think if the tickets was cheaper though and safe standing was realistic, I think you would get a lot better atmospheres at not just Anfield, a lot of the clubs in the PL.

Won't happen any time soon though.

Agree totally, to be honest I'm a little embarrassed at how poor the atmosphere is in the PL at the minute.

Friend went to see Newcastle for the first time a couple of weeks back, despite our reputation I warned her it would probably be horribly flat, a warning which turned out to be wholly justified.

I've been out all day so my thoughts:

1) It's nice to West Ham been given a good hard fucking on Valentine's Day; they earnt it
2) Welcome to the Sky Bet Championship Aston Villa

Walshy

Agree totally, to be honest I'm a little embarrassed at how poor the atmosphere is in the PL at the minute.

Friend went to see Newcastle for the first time a couple of weeks back, despite our reputation I warned her it would probably be horribly flat, a warning which turned out to be wholly justified.
I've only ever been to St. James' once, and it wasn't that bad. There are stadiums that have purposely been designed to suck the atmosphere out of the ground.

Wembley, the Emirates and The Reebok stadium would be top places I've been to where the atmosphere is utter shit.

I despise those bowl-type stadiums.

dc89

@City_Watch
The Guardian: City are among the Premier League clubs willing to trial safe standing with 96% of the UK public now supporting the idea.

The mini stadium at the campus has safe standing areas.

3Sixty

Both times I've been to St. James the atmosphere has been awful. Then again as an away fan you're so away from everything you don't really know

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
@City_Watch
The Guardian: City are among the Premier League clubs willing to trial safe standing with 96% of the UK public now supporting the idea.

The mini stadium at the campus has safe standing areas.

Why are they trying to bring this back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom