• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

:lol I did duck out of the discussion. Gaming side is poisonous, but at the same time I have that disease where when I think someone else is wrong I have to tell them. I HAVE TO. UUURHGHGH

This is always one of my faves.. definitely describes me too:

duty_calls.png

EPL, the revolving door.

Benitez's sacking was when the first time I was kicked in the bollocks by how ruthless it is

He clearly hated the way things were set up above him, they'd wanted him out for a while and we'd had a terrible season, but I still naively thought that he might get a chance to put things right :(

Nope, sacked while on holiday.

The media do my head in though. They pretend to dislike it, but they're desperate for sackings. Not a month would go by for the entirety of Rafa's time here where he wasn't supposedly on the verge of being sacked, no matter where we were in the table and how we were doing in general.

Fuck knows what its like supporting Madrid

Guess it works for you though :p

faridmon

If you needed any confirmation that Lennon has stopped caring, you only have to look at these:

He's just running out the clock.

That what Spurs do to people. You should have seen when Pianaar came back.
What did you guys do to him?

Welcome Aaron

Benitez's sacking was when the first time I was kicked in the bollocks by how ruthless it is

He clearly hated the way things were set up above him, they'd wanted him out for a while and we'd had a terrible season, but I still naively thought that he might get a chance to put things right :(

Nope, sacked while on holiday.

The media do my head in though. They pretend to dislike it, but they're desperate for sackings. Not a month would go by for the entirety of Rafa's time here where he wasn't supposedly on the verge of being sacked, no matter where we were in the table and how we were doing in general.

Fuck knows what its like supporting Madrid

Guess it works for you though :p

Pray for Wooden he supports clubs run by Roman and Zamp.

Kassu

Banned
Just finished Death Note, making it the third anime I've ever watched (when counting Dragon Ball as one complete series + Attack on Titan).

Was alright. Dem leaps in logic tho.
Watch Jojo. First part/Phantom Blood is rather boring but after that it gets so good.

I basically watched the whole second part/Battle Tendency (16 episodes) in 2-3 days, it was incredible.

Scum

If you weren't a Spurs fan I would love you.
😒

:lol I did duck out of the discussion. Gaming side is poisonous, but at the same time I have that disease where when I think someone else is wrong I have to tell them. I HAVE TO. UUURHGHGH

You'll learn, Odd. Just get it off your chest in here instead or else you'll be backseat modded and proclaimed a fanboy just for explaining yourself.

And Claymore
And Cowboy Bebop.

I do still find it a bit odd that a manager not doing his job properly is immediately sacked, while players get massive contracts which they can't be budged from even when they're just embarassing themselves.

Obviously a manager doing a bad job is more damaging than a player, but its still odd how long players can get away with being shit week after week without questions being asked.

If a player has no interest in actually playing (or even playing well), there's nothing the club can do to get them off the books barring massive appearance fees.

Not that Redknapp didn't deserve sacking forced resignation mutual decision to depart based on health reasons.

Imagine performance reviews for these players. Players like Adebayor and Balotelli wouldn't last their 3-6month probation period.

CCS

Banned
Today I have learnt not to go into any religion/atheism based thread.
Those are filled with venomous people.

Also, this is too true. Threads like that make me ashamed to be an atheist, seeing some of the twats posting shit there.

faridmon

Anime and Manga is shite, it never ends. I only read Bleach and Berserk and its sad enough that they will never end, why torture yourself with more of this crap.

WTF?

There is so many good Anime and Manga out there.

The fact that you had to imply Bleach is decent is laughable

Shite Manga, read something more intelligent, pls Jarnet.

Jarnet87

WTF?

There is so many good Anime and Manga out there.

The fact that you had to imply Bleach is decent is laughable

Shite Manga, read something more intelligent, pls Jarnet.

Only additional Manga I would ever read is something that is already finished, never again on a manga that is currently ongoing. Bleach is terrible, I've just been reading/watching it for so long I may as well see it out to the end.

inky

Everyone stay in the bubble.

We're safe in here....relatively.

LOL. People outside don't even want to step in here. That's how highly they think of you guys :p
I should say "we" now, shouldn't I?

that sean dude seems like he's just bored and arguing with anyone about anything

Him and that guy with the Christina Hendricks avatar, I forget the name. Every semi-serious discussion in OT that guy comes in, picks one guy and hangs on to his every word like a leech, sucking the logic out of the thread.

I do still find it a bit odd that a manager not doing his job properly is immediately sacked, while players get massive contracts which they can't be budged from even when they're just embarassing themselves.

Obviously a manager doing a bad job is more damaging than a player, but its still odd how long players can get away with being shit week after week without questions being asked.

If a player has no interest in actually playing (or even playing well), there's nothing the club can do to get them off the books barring massive appearance fees.

Not that Redknapp didn't deserve sacking forced resignation mutual decision to depart based on health reasons.

Well you could sack a player, just there would be very little incentive to do so as they remain a saleable asset. In most cases, someone will take a player off your hands even if he's not doing the job or you.

Bold One

LOL. People outside don't even want to step in here. That's how highly they think of you guys :p

Him and that guy with the Christina Hendricks avatar, I forget the name. Every semi-serious discussion in OT that guy comes in, picks one guy and hangs on to his every word like a leech, sucking the logic out of the thread.

those guys are the reason to avoid any thread with 'isms' its not worth it.

'Arry

"Sadly, I need immediate surgery on my knee, which is going to stop me from doing my job in the coming weeks.

"It means I won’t be able to be out on the training pitch every day and, if I can’t give 100 per cent, I feel it’s better for someone else to take over the reins.

Last season...

u0UOwA9.jpg

After knee surgery

scabro

no doofus, you should say "us".

<3

Who is Andy Kellett? What is Andy Kellett? Why is Andy Kellett?

Honestly, I think its pretty cool

Man Utd plug a gap in their U21s for a while
Bolton get a small fee to loan out someone who doesn't play for their first team afaik
He gets to experience a very top level youth setup, and take that experience back to Bolton

Everyone wins.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Anime and Manga is shite, it never ends. I only read Bleach and Berserk and its sad enough that they will never end, why torture yourself with more of this crap.

start watching good anime m8

Honestly, I think its pretty cool

Man Utd plug a gap in their U21s for a while
Bolton get a small fee to loan out someone who doesn't play for their first team afaik
He gets to experience a very top level youth setup, and take that experience back to Bolton

Everyone wins.

Don't think they're getting loan fee for it, they wanted one of our u21 players so it's a part of that deal.

But yeah it all amounts to the same. That's probably better than a nominal fee for them anyway.

wedward

David Ornstein &#8207;@bbcsport_david 30s31 seconds ago
Akpom will sign new #AFC contract in next couple of hours - 4.5yr deal to summer 2020. Was strong interest in 19yo striker from PL & abroad

Jarnet87

Who is Andy Kellett? What is Andy Kellett? Why is Andy Kellett?

The future goat left back that will put Shaw to shame, wait wut?

No idea who he is or the other kid we got Sadiq El Fitouri. I just read that Sadiq wad a City reject so he will be gone in a year or two just like that other defender we brought on after City dumped him.

I am backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

anyways, been super busy with life, havent really watched much football other than highlights.

I want people to pay attention to Luciano Vietto, kid is something else.
j54EFra.png

21 years old, very low buy out clause, and already proven in the argentinian and spanish league.

I am backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

anyways, been super busy with life, havent really watched much football other than highlights.

I want people to pay attention to Luciano Vietto, kid is something else.
j54EFra.png

21 years old, very low buy out clause, and already proven in the argentinian and spanish league.

:(

Kind of dull already knowing that we're getting Ings in the summer

edit: Oh shit my brother's booked his wedding date. Never been to one before.

Imagine a world where Sterling becomes as good as Sturridge is up front, and they both play up there with Coutinho behind them

Watch out, football.

Elchele

Sooner than expected, although with the scandal and the reports of him being the person who got the money and passed it around I think this was inevitable.

I think they are using that scandal as an excuse, they were going to fire him sooner rather than later anyway. Hiring him didn't make any sense in the first place, too much of cultural difference

wonderkids are a dime in a dozen thou, remember how beastly moussa was in fm a few years back, he was essentially a messi for the midfield. Vietto however continues to get better, last game against barcelona he was really good; you expect 21 year olds to get stage fear, but he didnt. Whoever gets him is gonna bag one of the best young forwards in south american football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom