• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Manager 2013 |OT| Sliding tackles and browsing spreadsheets

Omikron

Re: The above, I have an issue where I just can not beat Man United... I can pretty much bank a 0-3 loss and get on with the next game. Doesn't seem to matter so far what the tactic is either. Lately been employing a 4-1-2-1-2 formation (rigid/attacking) and it has been working pretty well. Basically picked to fit my best set of players in their preferred positions and this seems to make a big difference rather than picking a tactic that might counter your oppositions.

I do need to stop shipping so many goals (my team scored the most goals in the current season out of interest), my centre back pairing are 19 and 21 respectively however, so that will come in time. ;) Along with a 22 yo GK.

Some screenshots after the last season... highest transfer blew my mind.

848537A56FB72D0E86BC7F0806C38B315850952D

kharma45

It depends on your tactics! You have change your tactic to counter the team you're facing. How did you beat man city 3-1? I always draw or beat them by like 1 goal in my arsenal save.

Surely they should be changing their tactics to beat me? :p

This is the team I had out for the City game, same as the other matches where I lost and won in that last post

And this is how the match went from a stat point of view

Nyx

So, which team do you recommend to play as to get from bottom of england to top of the world?

Fallen ''giants'' like Leeds United or Sheffield Wednesday, but they don't play at the real bottom though. ;-)

If you really want to take a team from the Conference to the Champions League I guess any club from those divisions are fine, but prepare for a very long game then.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
So, which team do you recommend to play as to get from bottom of england to top of the world?

I chose FC Halifax.

Regardless, if you're starting a game from the start there's some decent young players to look out for as you won't be buying players for a long time. I went from the Blue Square North to the Premier League with the same two full backs playing constantly in every season: Connor Roberts-Nurse and Joseph Debayo. I also picked up some other great young players along the way: Joe McKee being a proper standout in midfield and Patrick Nzuzi did a great job at right back. Also a central midfielder by the name of David Lynch was looking promising for me as well until he broke his foot and then had a string of other mid-term injuries that totally derailed his chances at developing alongside the others.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Anybody have any suggestions for a League 1 or League 2 side? One of the Sheffield clubs maybe?

Anybody have any suggestions for a League 1 or League 2 side? One of the Sheffield clubs maybe?
I've been having a fun time with Crewe Alexandra in FM2013. Good facilities and a few high potential kids. They're strapped for cash, but with a few cheap signings you can do some damage.

Omikron

Speaking of regens... thinking my West Ham regen is finally peaking...quite possibly the best one I have received in years playing the game. (Actually generating in my team as opposed to poached :p)

Meteorain

Been playing with some GAF/friends on a network game, and we're on our second season. I'm playing Arsenal and was wondering if anyone has any advice regarding this team.

Sometimes they play fantastic football, and then at other times everything goes to shit. Especially the defence. You'll see 2 people marking someone and they still get some horrendously good cross in :(

Omikron

Been playing with some GAF/friends on a network game, and we're on our second season. I'm playing Arsenal and was wondering if anyone has any advice regarding this team.

Sometimes they play fantastic football, and then at other times everything goes to shit. Especially the defence. You'll see 2 people marking someone and they still get some horrendously good cross in :(

There is most definitely a random element to the game and I guess that is why we play it. Do you have your training focus on defence?

Also, here is a weird 'own goal' from the other day. (I am playing as west ham, as above still...won all the cups last season (UCL, FA, League) and lost the league of GD with ManU)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-SvTDSIFtE&list=UUS565O97UPF2RBhKv4DBfgw&index=1

DBT85

Hey guys, I'm going to try and get my head around FM 13 over the next week as I have a few days off. Used to play a LOT when it was based on CM3, then have bought FM9 and 11 and got frustrated at being 3-1 up at half time with a great squad doing well only to give the wrong teamtalk at half time and lose 3-4 to badger tickler united fc city.

Going to give Classic mode a blast in the demo first as that appears like it might be best to start with.

I don't know if it exists in the game yet, but a report after the game from the assman to say what we could have done better in the game, with tactical suggestions (little less width, little more tempo etc) would be handy.

I already got all the player faces, logos, stadiums etc downloaded and in the right folders (all 10GB of em). Game looks more complete now even if I'm still shit.

As for taking a team from the lowers to the highers, In Premier Manager 2 I used to do it with either Gateshead or Halifax Town. Would get to the top with all 99 99 99 99 99 players in no time at all. Spent fucking ages on that game.

EDIT: So I got to the 6 month point on my United save. 2nd in the league, 5 behind City, blitzed the group stage of the CL. RVP got injured for 4 months, Rooney and Wellbeck have had a good run together. When Rooney had been unfit I dropped Clev or Kagawa in behind, Kagawa has had loads of little injuries.

Playing 4-4-2 with 3 tactics, Control, Standard and Attacking. Wondering whether I should drop one for one of the others. Played most of the 6 months with Control, tried to use Attacking in a few games against smaller teams sometimes worked great, one game lost 2-0.

Managed to hold Chelsea to 1-1 at OT despite Fletcher being sent off after 90 seconds, I think I was using Contain in that game. We got the first goal but they pulled one back after a few minutes.

Ordered the game from Amazon today :p

It's been a couple years I stopped playing FM, but just had to grab it at summer sale.

Having fun with my Oviedo run, went from 2ªB to Liga adelante in my first season, then placed 8th, and last season 6th and lost in the promotion playoffs finals :(

At least my team is looking very good, I have a few promising young players and some compromised older ones (Diego Cervero scored 36 goals last season, and keeps improving his stats even being 30 years old).

And then I got this player, my jaw hi the floor when I saw it!

If you think about it it's not that surprising, Oviedo has given the world a few world class players lately :D

Meier

Whoa, that's a fantastic shell or whatever they call it! Can you post a link? I still just have the vanilla profile setup..

28m euro for a 15yo? Wow! I started a save as Sheffield United and now am in 2017. My only two real players left on the team are on their way out on 1/1/18. Carlos Fierro off to Porto for $50m with a 50% sell-on clause and Agustin Allione off to Benfica with a 50% sell-on fee. Allione came on a free from Velez in 2015. Carlos Fierro (I gave him the nickname Carlitos) cost me $15.25m in 2014.. he has been absolutely unbelievable for me finishing as the top goalscorer in the EPL 2 seasons in a row. 83 goals in 105 apps in the league.. incredible.

jbsGrsMlA61CUI.png

Zaguinho is by far the best regen I've ever had. Purchased him for a fuckload of money (I think like $40m) but it was totally worth it.

jbzmYcvrx8En9O.png

I kinda wanna play some more on my Porto save just to get more games in with him.

Whoa, that's a fantastic shell or whatever they call it! Can you post a link? I still just have the vanilla profile setup..

28m euro for a 15yo? Wow

It's a classic game, didn' change anything.

No, it's 28k,In my game m = thousand and M = million.

Meier

It's a classic game, didn' change anything.

No, it's 28k,In my game m = thousand and M = million.

Ahh, I have not tried out Classic version at all. How do you like it? That design (skin is the word I was looking for) is so much better than the standard version of the player profile..

Regarding his value: now that you mention it, I see valor shows 28,000 so that makes sense. The French wonderkids always have insanely high prices so I figured maybe a Spanish starlet would as well. :)

Ahh, I have not tried out Classic version at all. How do you like it? That design (skin is the word I was looking for) is so much better than the standard version of the player profile..

I haven't played the "normal" mode to contrast yet, I wanted to install it in my laptop and I thought this mode it would be the best option. And it is, it's fast on old computers at the cost of some details, it doesn't let you choose the database size, less training customization, you don't have to talk to players and press so often (which is for the better, in my opinion) and I'm sure othe things I didn't notice. But playing FM on my laptop while watching tv is much better :D

Top Bottom