• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

dc89

And you've been saying that maybe it's better if Mancini leaves?

I like you dc, but let's not pretend it's people outside of the club alone who have been getting just a little bit ahead of themselves.

If Mancini can not deliver in Europe he will have to leave, there is no other way about it. That's the harsh reality of what Sheikh Mansour expects, he wants us to win everything including a Champions League.

I like Mancini
not as much as I like you though Viva <3

It's sad how the only joy you can get nowadays is if another team loses and you beat your local rivals.

You're like Man City from 1998. Except you spend less money.

And we really had no money back then. Our best signings were probably Wright-Phillips and Tiatto.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
they are in group of death

not easy group like barca

Lulz we'd shit all over Ajax and Dortmund would park the bus

Yup. Yup we are. That will change soon enough though. In Pep I trust.

Sorry Fady.

UNy3q.png

I'll have a word with Kun when I next see him :p

I love City's players so I hope you get Pep!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We lost and we were shite?

Might be a good thing in the long run if SAF realizes that the way we play isn't good enough.
Watching United lately is like watching someone play PS1's PES. Pass to the wingers, run and cross. Rinse and repeat.

Watching Juve is like watching a PES player play FIFA without knowing about finesse shot.

FootballFan

Oh I just find it funny that one moment you're cursing that he's playing and after that cheering because he scored.

Well as I have said his passing is fine, his positioning and tackling which are pretty much the most important thing for a defensive mid, are not good at all.

Big difference when Biscuits is on.

Of course I will still cheer if he scores lol.

Wilbur

Banned
0 in 2 for RVP

#pasthisprime

Did Ruddy do anything today that you wouldn't expect a competent keeper to do?

Nope. We didn't test him all game.

Shit just realised my FF team messed up too.

So I'm gonna make brownies. Which ice cream should I buy to go with them?

I don't have ice cream with the brownies because it cools them down too quickly. I always pour the Elmlea cream all over them

Lightning

Banned
It's sad how the only joy you can get nowadays is if another team loses and you beat your local rivals.

You're like Man City from 1998. Except you spend less money.
Actually I got a lot of joy today because both Chelsea and Everton lost as well. Would have been better had City lost but they put in a class performance but still a good day. Thwy've been few and far between lately so I'm enjoying it.

Clegg

SAF should never have selected Scholes and Carrick in midfield. It might have worked if Rooney was playing. He could have tracked back and added an extra man in midfield.But he wasn't in the team so we should never have played a flat 4-4-2.

The fans know we have a massive problem in CM and you can be sure that the opposition know it too.

Lightning

Banned
Norwich have been playing well ever since that horror game where they beat us.

Giroud has 7 goals and 5 assists so far. Not bad for a donkey.
And Morsel refers to him as "Arsenal's Andy Carroll" Lol yeah right. That's an excellent return so far on ones first season in the premier league.

SAF should never have selected Scholes and Carrick in midfield. It might have worked if Rooney was playing. He could have tracked back and added an extra man in midfield.

The fans know we have a massive problem in CM and you can be sure that the opposition know it too.
Well the problem in CM is that we don't have a consistent performer, so it's sort of a patch up job. We share the games out between the 4/5 that we have and hope that through the course of the season they have enough good games between themselves to get us through.

That is basically what our midfield is these days.

Unfortunately, sometimes you get days like today when there isn't somebody having a good game there and other players on the team aren't bailing them out. Giggs shouldn't have played today and he was poor, but if we're honest with ourselves, it could have been Cleverley or Anderson playing today and playing just as badly.

Of course that doesn't make Fergie's selection any better. Giggs should not have played simple as that. But we still have a choice to make there when really what we need is a player who picks himself.

Wow. We won!?!

lol awesome, will have to watch MOTD later.

Ooooh yeah 20 points for Cazorla today :D also he's my captain.

44 points overall, not too bad I guess.

Clegg

Well the problem in CM is that we don't have a consistent performer, so it's sort of a patch up job. We share the games out between the 4/5 that we have and hope that through the course of the season they have enough good games between themselves to get us through.

That is basically what our midfield is these days.

Unfortunately, sometimes you get days like today when there isn't somebody having a good game there and other players on the team aren't bailing them out. Giggs shouldn't have played today and he was poor, but if we're honest with ourselves, it could have been Cleverley or Anderson playing today and playing just as badly.

Of course that doesn't make Fergie's selection any better. Giggs should not have played simple as that. But we still have a choice to make there when really what we need is a player who picks himself.
Whoops. I meant to say Giggs, not Scholes.

We also have a problem with Carrick imo. Last season he was our best CM and cemented his position as nailed on starter for this season. But he hasn't performed well for us since August.

I'd rather have Clev and Ando starting even if they played poorly. They need the experience and anything is better than having Giggs and Carrick meander around the pitch.

Mumei

Did you guys have to draw straws to decide who moderates that thread?

If I posted in there, they could be abusing me all day and I wouldn't know, since their language, nonexistent grammar, sentence structure and rampant apparently meaningless gif-spamming is so alien to me. Do you ever worry about that? :p

I had been posting in Pop-GAF since - *checks* - November 2011. I'm not sure why that wasn't disqualifying, but hey, I'll take it. I don't know that anyone was really checking Pop-GAF before that.

Boring :p

I was hoping you banned everyone for spamming the same stupid gif over and over. We would never do that in FootyGaf (because the Alaba image is a jpg)

I was close!

Wait, Pop Gaf actually listen to Pop Music? All along i thought the whole thing was an excuse for gif posting, gossiping and internet catfights

Well, both.

Mumei, can you temp-ban me if I talk about placing a real bet between Monday and say, December 15th? Need to prove to myself that I can resist the urge :(

Free bets and the like are exempt. Talking of which, if anyone plans to join bwin, can you PM me first? Cheers

You can request a temp ban if you slip, but I'm not going to monitor to see that you don't. And if you do slip and I see it and you don't request anything, I'm still not going to; you have to request it.

Hixx

You can request a temp ban if you slip, but I'm not going to monitor to see that you don't. And if you do slip and I see it and you don't request anything, I'm still not going to; you have to request it.

can we request on his behalf

for his bad taste

Wilbur

Banned
Whoops. I meant to say Giggs, not Scholes.

We also have a problem with Carrick imo. Last season he was our best CM and cemented his position as nailed on starter for this season. But he hasn't performed well for us since August.

I'd rather have Clev and Ando starting even if they played poorly. They need the experience and anything is better than having Giggs and Carrick meander around the pitch.

We'll play Clev/Ando/Fletch in the CL midweek, look good and then play Scholes and Carrick in a 4-4-2 in the Prem.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Real talk: I don't think there's one true tactician left in the Premier League. At times it feels like the teams that are at the top are only doing so through the star power of their players and not any actual team cohesion or strategic planning.

Wilbur

Banned
Real talk: I don't think there's one true tactician left in the Premier League. At times it feels like the teams that are at the top are only doing so through the star power of their players and not any actual team cohesion or strategic planning.

I certainly don't think Ferguson is a tactician, his strength lies in man management.

Brendan Rodgers and AVB are the nearest you'll get I suppose. Martinez did a great job last season of identifying weaknesses, switching to 3 at the back and it paid dividends.

Top Bottom