• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

dc89

QPR Chairman on his Twitter:

I feel gutted, I have put my heart and soul into this with my other shareholders. I've done all we can to give support to players & all management. I can only apologise to the QPR fans.we keep fighting.

Real talk: I don't think there's one true tactician left in the Premier League. At times it feels like the teams that are at the top are only doing so through the star power of their players and not any actual team cohesion or strategic planning.

Tacticians are accused of being boring these days

Arnie

Brendan Rodgers and AVB are the nearest you'll get I suppose. Martinez did a great job last season of identifying weaknesses, switching to 3 at the back and it paid dividends.

Rodgers Henderson switch today was pretty brilliant.

I was making the same point as Regulus the other day, teams just try to outscore each other with star players nowadays, and it's especially jarring when you think back to the times of Benitez versus Mourinho.

Wilbur

Banned
B-Rod and AVB both made brave tactical decisions today and both were warranted, so I suppose they are tacticians. There's no one on the level of a Klopp in the PL in that regard, or Conte at times last season when Juventus were switching between formations.

Fry

Can't help but think people will try to sign Suarez in January.

I also think Liverpool will bid for Huntelaar and Torres

Clegg

Mancini thinks he's a great tactician.

But he's made a twat of himself more often than not.

Edit: Liverpool won't be bidding for Torres, Fry.

I don't think they'll go for Huntelaar either.

Hixx

Takeaways have no FUCKING MORALS

Got a parmo and it's just one of them fucking supermarket ones and they've sprinkled a bit more cheese on the fucker. BASTARDS

Wilbur

Banned

I was making the same point as Regulus the other day, teams just try to outscore each other with star players nowadays, and it's especially jarring when you think back to the times of Benitez versus Mourinho.

Yeah this is true; I suppose it doesn't help that time and time again United have won the league and its down to a manager who doesn't really have tactical nous so relies on other things.

It's the English psyche; blood and guts and spirit wins you leagues and that's true to an extent (it would have helped us today), but the difference between say, Mourinho's Inter vs Barca and Di Matteo's Chelsea vs Barca is that one is a tactical masterplan and one is just assuming that defending deep and hoping for the best is a tactical masterplan.

Arnie

Tactically I'm so lazy on FM.

I have three prepared. Facing a shit team? Conventional 433. Facing an alright team? 41221. Facing a decent team? 42121.

Yet I won the Italian Cup in my first season and I'm top of Serie A by 8 points at April in my second. Knocked out of the Champions League by Barca both times. Cunts.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
QPR Chairman on his Twitter:

Harry-Redknapp-wink.jpg

jtb

Banned
I can't imagine anyone going after Suarez; he'd be way too expensive for just about every club.

My taste is impeccable.

Also, Smash>real mash

Talking of tacticians, this is Benitez's 'star striker's' goal record for Valencia, who he twice won the league with

144 (40)

Master tactician indeed.

Outside of Torres, Benitez had a pretty terrible record with strikers.

Wilbur

Banned
Tactically I'm so lazy on FM.

I have three prepared. Facing a shit team? Conventional 433. Facing an alright team? 41221. Facing a decent team? 42121.

Yet I won the Italian Cup in my first season and I'm top of Serie A by 8 points at April in my second. Knocked out of the Champions League by Barca both times. Cunts.

I switch between 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-1-2-2, play a very possession based game, slow build up but match preparation is attacking set pieces.

Normally works out well. Came 7th with Everton in the last season but it isn't going too well so far this time round. Might set up a game where I manage a team in England/Germany/Italy/Spain and just experiment with shit.

Feorax

We could quite easily have Henderson, Sahin and Suso as a very strong second-string midfield trio if BR is happy to persist with playing him as Lucas' understudy, and I see no reason why not.

Gives us the opportunity to rest Allen too.

Torres simply isn't good enough to fill our striker hole these days. Opinions to the contrary are based on romance more than evidence.

I'm 99% sure that we'll go for Huntelaar though

Arnie

I can't imagine anyone going after Suarez; he'd be way too expensive for just about every club.

Same, if anyone seriously wants to try after the last week, fair fucking play.

I don't think we'll go after Huntelaar given Rodgers' comments today, implying that Suarez is relishing that central position, and it's our job in January to supplement goals around him. Huntelaar would surely need to be central. I think Holtby and Walcott are both preferred options.

Wilbur

Banned
Alright yeah, fuck it. Gonna make up four managers based on you motherfucks here and take over the team predicted to finish 10th or something in the PL, La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A.

Arnold Cheesefuck, step up to the plate. Blaburn Drogba, it is your time. Yurt Ibrahimovic, do this baby. Awesome Garcia_, this is your moment.

hadareud

The Translator
Look at Cazorla.

Writhing on the ground in agony and 60 seconds later he's up and running again.

That's disgraceful behaviour.

It's the only worthwhile thing he's done in a while since he's done fuck all in the last month.

Well don't you look like a fucking bellend.

Outside of Torres, Benitez had a pretty terrible record with strikers.

Tbf, Rafa's Valencia was never reliant on goals from Mista. It relied on goals from everyone in those 4 attacking positions, complete solidarity at the back, and domination in the middle

Feorax

Torres simply isn't good enough to fill our striker hole these days. Opinions to the contrary are based on romance more than evidence.

I'm 99% sure that we'll go for Huntelaar though

Apparently Huntelaar might be signing a new contract. Heard we could be looking at Soldado if he does and that deal falls through.

I'd take Torres on loan until the end of the season, even if it's just to make up the numbers.

Apparently Huntelaar might be signing a new contract. Heard we could be looking at Soldado if he does and that deal falls through.

I'd take Torres on loan until the end of the season, even if it's just to make up the numbers.

I'd rather have Soldado anyway, it'd be a shame to end up with no 'marquee signing' up front though, which I fear will happen if Huntelaar signs a new contract

Out of interest, what the fuck is a marquee signing?

A waste of money.

Not always. I can't recall many recent shit ones actually

Why does nobody ever complain about ChiTown's threads? They're shite. Other people make a thread and get a gang jumping on their back and whinging about it. Or their threads get locked after 1 reply

lol dc

Top Bottom