• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Fry

glassman.jpg

izwDBa0UzNguK.gif

Meier

Lovely goal. What the heck did AJ do to get a card? Was it just for dissent on the offside?

Edit: Whoa! I turned this game on at the right time. Goals galore!

faridmon

You know what Sunderland need, jsut to bench that starting 11 and play some reserve players. Those players (apart from Fletcher) aren't motivated at all. They need a kick in the ass, that is what they need. They are all decent side, but man, they just can't be bothered.

Hixx

Cuellar. Thank fuck.

You know what Sunderland need, jsut to bench that starting 11 and play some reserve players. Those players (apart from Fletcher) aren't motivated at all. They need a kick in the ass, that is what they need. They are all decent side, but man, they just can't be bothered.

You're right. I'd substitute motivation for confidence but I've NEVER seen a Sunderland team so bereft of it and I've seen us humiliated over the span of a year twice.

Fry

Lulz, just done reading through the thread and noticed you guys were talking about Friends and mostly Ross. Coincidence with the gif there.

The criticism was that he wasn't flexible enough, and was mostly levelled at him when he brought Defoe off against Wigan. Not that I agree with it, just that's what happened, and I think it influenced his team selection against Arsenal. He played with one striker away at City, and it was pretty effective, so I don't buy that the personal wasn't there to do the same against Arsenal. It's a tough one to judge anyway because we don't know how the game would've panned out had Adebayour not been sent off, what we can say is, playing Adebayour was a risk and it didn't pay off.

You must surely understand that there's a difference between the Henderson substitution mid game, and playing with two strikers two weeks after being criticised for not doing such a thing? Nobody was calling for Henderson to come on, or to get more game time. In fact, if you'd have canvassed the ground and the media about the substitution I'm sure they'd have opted for Sahin and Shelvey ahead of Henderson. But Hendo came on, changed the midfield dynamic, and we improved as a result. More importantly, I brought up why that was such a great substitution in contrast to Ferguson not swapping Giggs out, even at 80 minutes.

Curb > Friends (haven't seen Seinfeld)

You say the criticism was that he's not flexible enough, but he's pushed Dempsey up next to Defoe a few times to go 4-4-2 during games. Wasn't the criticism was that he wasn't flexible enough during games? Because then why would he go 4-4-2 from the start against Arsenal? I don't think anyone would have criticised him if he went 4-2-3-1 from the start. I can see why you don't like him if you think he's going against his better judgement and listening to the media by going 4-4-2. But I disagree, and he would lose a ton of credibility if that were the case. And playing our best striker and top goalscorer from last season was a risk? That's insane. It's easy to say that in hindsight, but he scored and didn't get sent off last season. Was that also risk?

My point about Rodgers is that he changed the system during the match (he said so himself in that quote) that people here said wasn't working before the match. I'm sure someone in the press would have written something about it not working before that game, given that people are always going to pay particular attention to his tactical decisions. But that's not criticism influencing his decision? Double standards in my opinion.

How is Coutinho doing? I remember he started well, not sure anymore.
Doing good, he came back today after a month long injury. It's a shame that he only played the last 15 minutes of the game, he looked really dangerous and almost scored with a fifa finesse shot from outside the box, but Agazzi (who's better than Buffon when he is against us) saved it.

Fry

Doing good, he came back today after a month long injury. It's a shame that he only played the last 15 minutes of the game, he looked really dangerous and almost scored with a fifa finesse shot from outside the box, but Agazzi (who's better than Buffon when he is against us) saved it.

Is he injure prone?

He could become your own Pato!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's the week of goalkeepers isn't it? Marchetti was bending time and space with some of his miraculous saves.

Top Bottom