• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Would he score that amount of goals in PL. It seems that defence in Lal Liga is just poor. I am not saying he won't score a lot goals, just saying that if he was in a more regulated league, he would have that amount of goals he is scoring.
Not sure about the amount of goals but he would be amazing, without a doubt. This kind of question is something you usually hear from British people, not just about Messi but almost all of the top players not playing on the island. I´m pretty certain that not only him but Ibra and Falcao also, would completely rip it up in PL. I see them as a step above all in PL(for messi, make that a couple of steps)

Hixx

Phil Bardsley is one of the worst footballers in the league. His pass completion must be less than 50%.

Care to enlighten me, I'm too dense to see your point.

I saw his first, which came on the back of N'Goo giving the ball away. Pretty brilliant run.

No need to get so touchy

Unbeaten in 7! A clean sheet vs Wigan! It's all changing, we're marching up the table!!

2 weeks later... we're fucked, going nowhere, this isn't working we need to change something

edit: does that count as a shot on target?

faridmon

Heard Moyes wants to recall Barkley from Wednesday, and I say this as someone who's watched all of Wednesday's home games this season, he offers far more than Neville in central midfield. Saying that, he's still exceptionally raw, isn't massively mobile, and would probably benefit hugely from playing regular football in Sheffield, rather than come back to act as bench cover for Osman, Gibson, Hitz, and the returning Neville.

He's been Wednesday's best player this season, for me.

I did watch Barkely as well, and yes he could offer great things in the middle, however, the problem is not whether he will play for us, but the problem is Moyes and his love for Neville in the middle. We do have other people to play in the middle for us, but he keeps insisting on Neville for some bizarre reason. Yes, Barkely is exceptional, but truth to be told, if he comes back, he will just rot in the bench.

I can see him play full time, when Fellaini leave, though.

Turns out this guy who scored two goals against Liverpool U21s is Jeremie Boga, and is 15 years old. He's physically an absolute beast. Pity he'll never play for the Chelsea first 11.

Being a beast at 15 doesn't mean much if he doesn't keep developing, so yeah he might very well never play for Chelsea, but it's certainly not impossible for the youth to break into Chelseas squad, Terry and Bertrand on the team right now should be enough evidence of that.

Oh shit, only just realized Palermo plays Catania next week. Yeah, Gasperini is done with all these suspensions.
I remember reading about a clause in his contract which prevent him to be fired or something, is that true?
3 matches in a row where we are robbed by the ref :\

Arnie

Would he score that amount of goals in PL. It seems that defence in Lal Liga is just poor. I am not saying he won't score a lot goals, just saying that if he was in a more regulated league, he would have that amount of goals he is scoring.

The defence in the premier league is pretty poor, too. Manchester United are second in the league and their defence is fucking wank, and they consistently concede, yet often win the match regardless. Doesn't always work, as Norwich showed yesterday, but long gone are the days when we can talk about the premier league as some bastion of cultured defending. It's bollocks.

No need to get so touchy

Unbeaten in 7! A clean sheet vs Wigan! It's all changing, we're marching up the table!!

2 weeks later... we're fucked, going nowhere, this isn't working we need to change something

edit: does that count as a shot on target?

Not getting touchy whatsoever, genuinely had no idea what you were on about. I don't think the second half of your hypothesis works, either. We haven't been getting results all season but we've not called for major changes because the system's progressing each week, and on many occasions it's large slices of luck or lapsed concentration that have cost us, rather than structural faults.

And there's also an element of 'fuck it, let's just get to January' about us.

Oh, and I'd like to banish the myth that Wigan are a shit team, they're better than many teams we've played this season. Say, Newcastle, who were hopeless.

faridmon

Not sure about the amount of goals but he would be amazing, without a doubt. This kind of question is something you usually hear from British people, not just about Messi but almost all of the top players not playing on the island. I´m pretty certain that not only him but Ibra and Falcao also, would completely rip it up in PL. I see them as a step above all in PL(for messi, make that a couple of steps)

I am not saying he would be bad and I am certainly pro-PL as some people aroudn here. But when you consider the leaps Barca and Real Madrid have over any other team in Spain, one have to wonder if the quality is there to actually test Messi.

He would be undoubtly be amazing in PL and would tear the league apart like he always do, but would he score like 4 goals every game or so?

GorillaJu

Fuck me I'm sick and I can't sleep. I've called in and for the first time in my professional life I'm going to take a day off work tomorrow. Ugh.

On Messi, I also think he'd have a smaller goal tally in the PL but it wouldn't take anything away from how incredible he is.

FootballFan

I think he would score just a bit less, just a bit, surely CL is tougher than EPL right? Well he has been top scorer in that competition 4 seasons in a row too.

And if he can score 4 against Arsenal in one game, twice against ManUnited etc. I am sure he could do it against Newcastle, Reading, Wigan etc.

Of course depends what team he would be on too.

People were saying the same thing about Torres, Mata, Silva, Yaya, Cazorla, Michu, Aguero etc. Yet they seem to cope just fine in the premier league. Well Torres did, lol not anymore.

edit
Also not 100% sure but he doesn't score 4 a game, more like 1 or 2. Last time he scored 4 or more was against Leverkusen in the CL I think, where he scored 5.

z2ukD.png

:p

I am not saying he would be bad and I am certainly pro-PL as some people aroudn here. But when you consider the leaps Barca and Real Madrid have over any other team in Spain, one have to wonder if the quality is there to actually test Messi.

He would be undoubtly be amazing in PL and would tear the league apart like he always do, but would he score like 4 goals every game or so?
Yeah the same amount would probably be hard to reach, i'll give you that ;)

I'll also have to say that there are a couple of teams besides Barca and Real that I think could be really good contenders for CL spots in PL when they are having a good year, Athletic and Bilbao comes to mind in the latest years.

But the fact that Real and Barca are so superior to them shows that it can be really easy to play for Barca and Real if you fit into the system and Messi does without a doubt, so yes he probably wouldn´t be as good.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Berba is still top class. Fulham are going to have a great season.

Wilbur

Banned
Sessegnon this season

'Out of form? You... you.. you're so far past the form that you can't even see the form! The form is a dot to you!'

dat joey

My favourite Joey moment is when he's on the game show

- It's white
- Paper, snow... a ghost!
- No, you find it in your fridge

dat joey

- It's white

My favourite scene overall is when Ross, Chandler and Joey play the inaugural practice game of Bamboozled, with the silly rules and conditions

FootballFan

dat joey

- It's white

:lol hilarious that you mention that, I was skipping through channels yesterday and that exact scene was on.

hahah

After your defeat to Wigan the rhetoric very much was that AVB is too reliant on his favoured system, and that he can't play with more than one striker. He played a typically rigid setup against City (and rightly so, in my opinion), and then changed up everything completely for Arsenal. It did feel like a response to criticism, for me, and so did the selection of Lloris following a week where the headlines have talked about his discontent, and crysis talks etc.

Rodgers switching things up to use three at the back, or his 'flipping the triangle' at 30 minutes yesterday wasn't on the back of loud criticism, and the changes he makes don't jeopardise the midfield because he takes personnel from the front three to make up the numbers.

I don't think he is too reliant on his favoured system. He hasn't really implemented it yet. We've been playing 4-2-3-1 as opposed to the 4-3-3 he favoured at Porto. I expect that is why he wanted Joao Moutinho. When he took Defoe off against Wigan I think both Ushojax and I said it was the right decision. As for Rodgers, I remember people here questioning why he was using a certain system when it wasn't working. He makes a tactical sub and changes it and he's a genius. AVB changes it and it's a result of media pressure? I'm not buying that. That compact 4-4-2 was working great against Arsenal. You can't always go out and play exactly how you want when you're away from home and lacking the players to facilitate it.

Friends was good fun but they kind of ran out of stuff in the last seasons, it was like all characters became parodies of themselves. Also Phoebe was terrible from start to finish, but I'm going to assume this is a very accepted fact.

Oxx

Friends was good fun but they kind of ran out of fun in the last seasons, it was like all characters became parodies of themselves. Also Phoebe was terrible from start to finish, but I'm going to assume this is a very accepted fact.

Smelly Cat lol

How kooky.

Top Bottom