• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Phoebe ruined every scene she was in, and every episode in which she was the focal point

Phoebe: Shite
Ursula: Shite
Phoebe's Mum: Don't care
Phoebe's real Mum: Not bothered
Smelly cat: Not funny
Phoebe's boyfriend except for Mike: Fast forward
Mike: Okay

Ross was the best Friend. If you disagree I will fight you.

tumblr_lby1uue7tz1qau583o1_500.jpg

FootballFan

Phoebe ruined every scene she was in, and every episode in which she was the focal point

Phoebe: Shite
Ursula: Shite
Phoebe's Mum: Don't care
Phoebe's real Mum: Not bothered
Smelly cat: Not funny
Phoebe's boyfriend except for Mike: Fast forward
Mike: Okay

True, Phoebe's brother was pretty hilarious though, always forget that actors name.

GorillaJu

Ugh Friends is pure shit. When I think of how American culture promotes stupidity, the popularity of Friends immediately comes to mind.

Seinfeld poops all over it.

Ugh Friends is pure shit. When I think of how American culture promotes stupidity, the popularity of Friends immediately comes to mind.

Seinfeld poops all over it.

Seinfeld was pretty damn popular too though...

Friends was pretty stupid, the light hearted fun is what I liked about it, being able to catch an episode while eating dinner or something.

Also Curb > Seinfeld.

Meier

Do City fans like Tevez, or just appreciate what he brings to the team?
It's hard not to like him. He is the ultimate team player and is constantly pushing and pressing. It's amazing to see him in such great shape -- he never stops running. A fantastic player with great vision.

Petulant though.

GorillaJu

Friends was pretty stupid, the light hearted fun is what I liked about it, being able to catch an episode while eating dinner or something.

Also Curb > Seinfeld.

Curb is maybe better than Seinfeld (disagree but not enough to argue it), but it wasn't a competing prime time 90s sitcom set in NYC.

I think Seinfeld is legitimately funny and the characters are pretty brilliant. I just hate Friends. It's so dumb. :(

FootballFan

Also Curb > Seinfeld.

Yeah agree with that part. Wouldn't go out of my way to watch it or anything like that haha.

Sunny > Curb + Anything.

Okay I haven't seen Curb so I can't say that, but Sunny rocks.

Wilbur

Banned
Friends always makes me laugh even though I've seen every episode 20 times. Just so watchable and easy going.

Sunny is good but not always funny; I assume because a lot of it is improvised (I get that impression by the way they always talk over each other), it's not always hilarious. I enjoy it though.

Parks & Rec is the best comedy I've seen for a while.

Very questionable.

Yeah, I don't think the ultimate team player would have swanned off home to play golf while they battled through a tough winter schedule.

Arnie

I don't think he is too reliant on his favoured system. He hasn't really implemented it yet. We've been playing 4-2-3-1 as opposed to the 4-3-3 he favoured at Porto. I expect that is why he wanted Joao Moutinho. When he took Defoe off against Wigan I think both Ushojax and I said it was the right decision. As for Rodgers, I remember people here questioning why he was using a certain system when it wasn't working. He makes a tactical sub and changes it and he's a genius. AVB changes it and it's a result of media pressure? I'm not buying that. That compact 4-4-2 was working great against Arsenal. You can't always go out and play exactly how you want when you're away from home and lacking the players to facilitate it.

The criticism was that he wasn't flexible enough, and was mostly levelled at him when he brought Defoe off against Wigan. Not that I agree with it, just that's what happened, and I think it influenced his team selection against Arsenal. He played with one striker away at City, and it was pretty effective, so I don't buy that the personal wasn't there to do the same against Arsenal. It's a tough one to judge anyway because we don't know how the game would've panned out had Adebayour not been sent off, what we can say is, playing Adebayour was a risk and it didn't pay off.

You must surely understand that there's a difference between the Henderson substitution mid game, and playing with two strikers two weeks after being criticised for not doing such a thing? Nobody was calling for Henderson to come on, or to get more game time. In fact, if you'd have canvassed the ground and the media about the substitution I'm sure they'd have opted for Sahin and Shelvey ahead of Henderson. But Hendo came on, changed the midfield dynamic, and we improved as a result. More importantly, I brought up why that was such a great substitution in contrast to Ferguson not swapping Giggs out, even at 80 minutes.

Curb > Friends (haven't seen Seinfeld)

GorillaJu

I am surprise I'm actually enjoying watching a Fulham game. In all the time I've watched football they'd never been an entertaining team, but they've got a nice energy about them and some quality ball movement. I think the presence of Ruiz and Berbatov is bringing up the level of the likes of Sidwell and Duff. They're passing quite well.

Well, mostly I was referring to the effort he gives. Every striker could pass more but he does have a good number of assists as well.
He is an incredible player and his work rate is as good as any - just don't know if that's how I'd describe him.

I am surprise I'm actually enjoying watching a Fulham game. In all the time I've watched football they'd never been an entertaining team, but they've got a nice energy about them and some quality ball movement. I think the presence of Ruiz and Berbatov is bringing up the level of the likes of Sidwell and Duff. They're passing quite well.
Their football last week was brilliant.

Kacinnanalick is a good player too.

Wilbur

Banned
I have no idea when Friends crosses over into different series.

Stop over-thinking it Wilbert.

Chandler pre-Monica is the best
Then Joey takes over until he loves Rachel
And then Ross who has been battling with Joey for best is then supreme until the end

I thought they were good last year as well, Jol's a good manager. Ruiz is class.

They need a better midfield now Dembele and Murphy are gone though, relying on Sidwell and Diarra all season won't be good.

GorillaJu

He is an incredible player and his work rate is as good as any - just don't know if that's how I'd describe him.

Their football last week was brilliant.

Kacinnanalick is a good player too.

Yeah this is the second week in a row that I've noticed it, though I remember they played well against United, they didn't have quite this level of fluidity though.

Kaca is a good player – Roy Hodgson traded him to Fulham in a part exchange for Paul fucking Konchesky as his first bit of business as Liverpool manager. He'd have been a good squad player for us.

Yeah this is the second week in a row that I've noticed it, though I remember they played well against United, they didn't have quite this level of fluidity though.

Kaca is a good player – Roy Hodgson traded him to Fulham in a part exchange for Paul fucking Konchesky as his first bit of business as Liverpool manager. He'd have been a good squad player for us.
What?

Kaca is from Liverpool?

He's shit.

Top Bottom