• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

I'm not upset though, I find it hilarious. I'm glad the Chelsea board exist.
I never said you were. I said fans.

And you have people like Soi-Fong, saying earlier that it did annoy him. Those are the people I'm talking about.

I appreciate the folks like yourself who just laugh. Your honest and don't pretend your reaction is anything more than what it is.

Also, supposedly I'm angry. I'm not. I'm just on one of my usual crusades to figure out why some football fans peddle tripe instead of just saying what they mean.

Don't make me avatar-quote you again

OtkyH.png

Anilones

Come on, surely you have fuckloads to say about Swindon haha! Di Canio is my new favourite manager. Sometimes I still watch the clip where he kicked that player up the arse after substituting him

It's very strange to say this taking in account the current situation of Swindon but I am certainly not convinced of Di Canio, especially with this season. Last season we dominated the league, which looking out the size of the club we should have (we now have some wealthy backers from the last couple of years), and this season we have started extremely well (play-off place would be brilliant following promotion), but the way he has overseen the wholesale changes of personal is very worrying (almost to an 'Arry level). We've already had a transfer embargo due to the transfer and salary caps being breached, and numerous players which have been brought in have been moved on on loan (one such example is Luke Rooney, who we got in January and is now on loan). Hopefully the new chairman will be able to hold him back from now on.

Also, that clip of him kicking a player (Matt Ritchie, our best player) was at the end of a game which we won (pretty much sealing the title at the same time), so certainly wasn't an attack as it may seem.

Choc

Banned
Di Canio with Chelsea would be FUCKING AMAZING

i've heard Southampton want him so he might make PL after all

press conferences will be awesome

Wilbur

Banned
I never said you were. I said fans.

And you have people like Soi-Fong saying earlier that it did annoy him. Those are the people I'm talking about.

I appreciate the folks like yourself who just laugh. Your honest and don't pretend your reaction is anything more than what it is.

Also, supposedly I'm angry. I'm not. I'm just on one of my usual crusades to figure out why some football fines peddle tripe instead of just saying what they mean.

Soi-Fong is indeed an anomaly as well haha! I love him but damn he's cray

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm not upset because Chelsea FC fired Di Matteo. I just feel for Di Matteo, the human being, who probably deserved a little better than being fired in November. It was hilarious when AVB got fired because he was a knob-head. I can't say the same about RDM though.

Wilbur

Banned
It's very strange to say this taking in account the current situation of Swindon but I am certainly not convinced of Di Canio, especially with this season. Last season we dominated the league, which looking out the size of the club we should have (we now have some wealthy backers from the last couple of years), and this season we have started extremely well (play-off place would be brilliant following promotion), but the way he has overseen the wholesale changes of personal is very worrying (almost to an 'Arry level). We've already had a transfer embargo due to the transfer and salary caps being breached, and numerous players which have been brought in have been moved on on loan (one such example is Luke Rooney, who we got in January and is now on loan). Hopefully the new chairman will be able to hold him back from now on.

Also, that clip of him kicking a player (Matt Ritchie, our best player) was at the end of a game which we won (pretty much sealing the title at the same time), so certainly wasn't an attack as it may seem.

I suppose on one hand the transfers are necessary due to the promotion though; I can understand the train of thought behind some changes, but Harry levels of activity is indeed a bit worrying.

I wouldn't be surprised if Di Canio moves on at some point anyway, if Swindon hit a few glass ceilings provided they make the Championship. He's got a reputation that ensures a PL club will go for him, let alone the fact that he's got some managerial ability.

Yeah I knew about the circumstances of the kick haha, but I still find it hilarious. It's such an extravagant swing and I love it.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm not upset because Chelsea FC fired Di Matteo. I just feel for Di Matteo, the human being, who probably deserved a little better than being fired in November. It was hilarious when AVB got fired because he was a knob head. I can't say the same about RDM though.

You take that back right now you bastard.

Damn I love AVB. It's the beard. The coat. The 5.99 tactical notepad. The gravelly voice that sounds like he's been chewing tobacco since he popped out a Portuguese puss hole.

I heart Andre

Anilones

I suppose on one hand the transfers are necessary due to the promotion though; I can understand the train of thought behind some changes, but Harry levels of activity is indeed a bit worrying.
The moment the transfer embargo was over he got a new loan player in. It's a little too much.

I wouldn't be surprised if Di Canio moves on at some point anyway, if Swindon hit a few glass ceilings provided they make the Championship. He's got a reputation that ensures a PL club will go for him, let alone the fact that he's got some managerial ability.
I'd be an idiot not to think that he'll move on and hope he does well in the future, he's certainly entertaining at a live game. I've never seen anyone else hit the plastic surrounding the substitutes' bench so hard that the supporters go quiet.

You take that back right now you bastard.

Damn I love AVB. It's the beard. The coat. The 5.99 tactical notepad. The gravelly voice that sounds like he's been chewing tobacco since he popped out a Portuguese puss hole.

I heart Andre
But he's not Harry, and he talks about tactics, who wants that? Certainly not the British journalists.

Stimpy

Ashley Williams (who?) talking shit about Suarez, hopefully he scores then dives in front of him on Sunday, that would be great.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ashley Williams (who?) talking shit about Suarez, hopefully he scores then dives in front of him on Sunday, that would be great.

Maybe he can stamp on someone and get away with it like he did last week.

Wilbur

Banned
The moment the transfer embargo was over he got a new loan player in. It's a little too much.

Yeah that does sound like Harry.

I'd be an idiot not to think that he'll move on and hope he does well in the future, he's certainly entertaining at a live game. I've never seen anyone else hit the plastic surrounding the substitutes' bench so hard that the supporters go quiet.

Haha ahh he does sound great. He has passion, which must be such a valuable element in lower leagues where your skill isn't so great you can just blow away the whole league. I wonder what he's like in training and the dressing room.

But he's not Harry, and he talks about tactics, who wants that? Certainly not the British journalists.

Eurgh fuck our media. Like Arnie said the other day, football here has taken a bit of a step back since the days of Rafa and Mourinho. Not too many tacticians nowadays; AVB, Rodgers and Martinez are. Mancini seems to be switching to 3 man defense to fit his selected players in as opposed to any tactical master stroke (although he did a good job against Spurs to be fair), Lambert was quite adept at switching formations after acknowledging opponent's strengths and weaknesses during games last season.

I think there's a perception Wenger's always been a tactician but he plays the same formation time after time; his big revolutionary moments came in the diets and preparation of players. I suppose encouraging a short passing game would help but he never really advances Arsenal's game to accommodate opponents

pappe

I'm not upset because Chelsea FC fired Di Matteo. I just feel for Di Matteo, the human being, who probably deserved a little better than being fired in November. It was hilarious when AVB got fired because he was a knob-head. I can't say the same about RDM though.

Dont feel bad for him. He probably got a few millions for getting the sack.

Choc

Banned
"The club will be making an announcement shortly regarding a new first team manager."

they have someone already it seems

how the fuck long has this been going on? this is crazy, were tehy looking when they were TOP OF THE TABLE?

far out :|

also, gotta be Rafa right?

FootballFan

Poor Di Matteo.

If Pep goes to Chelsea i am pretty sure he wont last 1 season coz Chelsea would expose that Pep is just a mediocre manager who was blessed with one of the best teams of all time.

:lol come on.. give Pep some credit. Jesus, it is like some people think he joined Barca and just let the players do everything. Didn't work for Rijkaard. Why did the team suddenly become the best when he joined.

From introducing the new tiki-taka style to bringing in Pedro, Busquets, Pique, to kicking out Ronaldinho the king, Deco, Edmilson, to moving Messi to the central role, Pep did much more than just get good players on the field.

As I mentioned earlier, he was picked as first team coach for a reason, after he did a fantastic job taking Barca B from third to second division.

Anyways don't think Chelsea would be the right club for him, he would instantly, instantly, get rid of Torres, Lampard and maybe Terry. Clubs like M.United, Bayern or even M.City would suit him much better.

Carbonox

Cabaye out until January, though given our medical staff, he's probably out until 2015.

Definitely going for a relegation scrap.

Zabojnik

Wouldn't it be kind of strange to see Pep on a bench, especially one so important and stessing as Chelsea's, so soon after all his talk about being burned out? Dunno, it felt like he was set on skipping a full season.

FootballFan

Wouldn't it be kind of strange to see Pep on a bench, especially one so important and stessing as Chelsea's, so soon after all his talk about being burned out? Dunno, it felt like he was set on skipping a full season.

Beckham and Pep to join Del Piero at Sydney FC, win the most prestigious trophy. The A-League mate.

Arnie

Hope Rafa does well, he deserves a chance after winning La Liga twice, Champions League with Djimi Traore (and the whole competition, not half of it like RDM), and building a pretty sweet team at Liverpool. He's a better manager than most in the Premier League, and was the last vestige of a time when England gave a fuck about tactics. I reckon we'll see some great duels between him and AVB on the tactical front, and I'm excited for that.

Could be a better club than Chelsea in terms of fan and boardroom support, but at this point Rafa can't be picky; he needs to go to a big club with a history of winning things and do well, and that's exactly what I think he'll do.

I also expect him to buy a top class central midfielder, like I've been saying Chelsea need to since the summer. Rafa's a man who trusts completely in his main pivots, and Chelsea lack top, top class in that department.

Wilbur

Banned
Benitez:

Benítez, who is currently in Abu Dhabi, reacted to Di Matteo's dismissal by telling the National: "Obviously it is a top side and they can compete for trophies so it falls in this category. What I will say is that I am looking for a club that can challenge for trophies so Chelsea is one of these clubs.
"The reason [I have not coached for nearly two years] is that you are looking for a top side that can challenge for trophies, because there are not too many top sides that can challenge so I had to wait."

I've always liked Benitez, sacking him at Liverpool was harsh and you gotta give him props for toppling Barca and Real in La Liga for two seasons (?). He's also a brilliant tactician and there's not enough of those anymore in the PL :(

Dat beard

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Benítez, who is currently in Abu Dhabi, reacted to Di Matteo's dismissal by telling the National: "Obviously it is a top side and they can compete for trophies so it falls in this category. What I will say is that I am looking for a club that can challenge for trophies so Chelsea is one of these clubs.
"The reason [I have not coached for nearly two years] is that you are looking for a top side that can challenge for trophies, because there are not too many top sides that can challenge so I had to wait."

'top side' 'challenge for trophies'

He sounds like a defective robot.

Arnie

Another positive, Chelsea fans, Rafa knows how to play to Torres' strengths. Rafa will at least be able to tell Torres exactly what he's doing wrong as opposed to when he was prolific for Liverpool, and ensure he makes the changes to put it right.

PowderedToast

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
The appointment of Chelsea's new manager is likely to be a "stop gap", not a long-term replacement @BBCSport understands #CFC #bbcsportsday

I hate this club sometimes! Fucking ridiculous decision. Can we please keep a manager for more than 2 seasons please. If we don't make top 4 this season it will be Romans fault not whoever was brought in.

Wilbur

Banned
Just seen Lambert's been banned for one game after reacting negatively to the referee for the City match.

It's fucking ridiculous the ref/linesman can give that penalty and escape punishments, but a manager commenting on that is. On FM I only get a touch line ban when I'm wrong haha

United GAF any thought on Josh king

Looks like he's coming on loan which isn't surprising seeing as Berg and Fergie are on good terms and the Norwegian connection

Just seen Lambert's been banned for one game after reacting negatively to the referee for the City match.

It's fucking ridiculous the ref/linesman can give that penalty and escape punishments, but a manager commenting on that is. On FM I only get a touch line ban when I'm wrong haha

We need a sea-change in the way the refereeing board is operated, and its relationship with the FA. No real accountability whatsoever. Disgrace

Wilbur

Banned
United GAF any thought on Josh king

Looks like he's coming on loan which isn't surprising seeing as Berg and Fergie are on good terms and the Norwegian connection

Looked promising enough for a while, yeah. But understandably Fergus wishes to play youngsters like Ryan Giggs instead, so not seen him play in a first team capacity. Loan will do him good, but I wouldn't count on him firing 30 goals in. Would be a substitute I'd assume.

Stimpy

I don't see why Benitez would want to take them over until the end of the summer, unless he just wants a huge payout for a few months work (ok makes sense) but he didn't want the job earlier because he didn't want to be a stop gap for pep's arrival, nothings changed that would still be all he was.

Ashes

Banned
Looked promising enough for a while, yeah. But understandably Fergus wishes to play youngsters like Ryan Giggs instead, so not seen him play in a first team capacity. Loan will do him good, but I wouldn't count on him firing 30 goals in. Would be a substitute I'd assume.

Let it be mate. At least on the morning after the night when the youngster showed themselves up to be just that: Youngsters.

Top Bottom