• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Wilbur

Banned
Also Kyle, it does affect the rest of the league because any new manager might get Chelsea playing differently which'll affect matches, he might have different transfer targets which will affect matches and other clubs if those targets are PL players.

Choc

Banned
just tweeted this :D

@milesSI i think you need to change FM13 to just randomly sack chelsea managers. More realistic then.

also

pep should not go to chelsea, it will be a bad move. No top class manager should go there after this shit.

Not even the UCL saves you

Oxx

Is RDM even gonna get a decent pay-off?

I imagine his contract was basically 'You should be grateful we are giving you a chance' scrawled in blood.

elseanio

Also Kyle, it does affect the rest of the league because any new manager might get Chelsea playing differently which'll affect matches, he might have different transfer targets which will affect matches and other clubs if those targets are PL players.

You really think managers have a say in transfers at Chelsea? They are pretty much there to decide what subs to bring on

Anilones

Are you new here?

If so, welcome :)

Thanks. I've been registered to the site for years now, but a perennial lurker, just felt like voicing my views on this issue.

I'm likely to go back into my shell now as I rarely have much to say as a Swindon Town supporter. Also, two posts (now three) in one day is crazy!

Zabojnik

Between Wooden's historical revisionism and Liverpool fans' outrage ... Rafa would be all kinds of amazing.

How was RDM's relationship with the squad, btw?

Soi-Fong

Thanks. I've been registered to the site for years now, but a perennial lurker, just felt like voicing my views on this issue.

I'm likely to go back into my shell now as I rarely have much to say as a Swindon Town supporter. Also, two posts (now three) in one day is crazy!

No! We Need more non-PL users here!

Choc

Banned
Between Wooden's historical revisionism and Liverpool fans' outrage ... Rafa would be all kinds of amazing.

it was good which is why they all of a sudden got good after AVB departure

he used to play with them so....

Anilones

Is RDM even gonna get a decent pay-off?

I imagine his contract was basically 'You should be grateful we are giving you a chance' scrawled in blood.

He wouldn't sign a one-year contract, and settled for a two-year. He couldn't have actually believed he would see the full two years of that out, especially with Guardiola supposedly willing to come back into management next year, so would have been down to what he would get once sacked.

Choc

Banned
Last year Di Matteo took Chelsea to Napoli requiring a major win to qualify for the UCL

He did it, he then took them to the final and won. he beat FUCKING BARCELONA

i mean fuck :eek:

The shades of last year are amazing, they again need a super good run in the UCL to qualify .....

You have to think that QPR's board are on the phone to Hughes and probably Southamptons

as much as i like Adkins and he shouldnt be sacked, the board are fuckheads

Roman would have sacked Mancini by now as well

:|

Just CRAZY

After another of these CL campaigns I would have too.

Seemed good but obviously hard to tell if something has been going on behind the scenes.

iphrPb7yXESY7.gif

Carbonox

Random question - I have a 30 day trial for PlayStation Plus. If I download a free game and then my trial runs out, do I lose that game? Is there any content that I get to keep after the trial runs out?

Hixx

Random question - I have a 30 day trial for PlayStation Plus. If I download a free game and then my trial runs out, do I lose that game? Is there any content that I get to keep after the trial runs out?

No you won't be able to play it until you re-sub to PS+. You don't keep anything from PS+.

And... I'm pretty sure you hate United as well. I think you're making light of this situation in Chelsea. Chelsea fans cannot be happy seeing manager after manager get sacked.
I do hate United and make no bones about it. The difference is, if United sacked Fergie tomorrow, or made some decision that somehow greatly effected the club, and possibly upset a lot of their fans. I would give zero fucks, nor would I pretend to give any fucks as an excuse to further hate United. I actually prefer the people who come out with an honest to god ":lol". At least that is what it is. What every other team and their board does is of no concern to me. I only care about United when we face them in a game. It starts and ends there.

Making light has nothing to do with it. RDM was given a punt. Just about everybody knew he was unlikely to be up to it. Many hoped he would be, like myself. But he wasn't.

And I used to get bothered by the firing of managers but as I said earlier, and people can moan about it all they want. Roman gets the job done. Had we of stuck with AVB last season we wouldn't have won the UCL. The owner may be unorthodox. But Chelsea fans would do well to appreciate why we have trophies in the cabinet and why we can attract great players.

Roman is often the reason why players like Mata and Hazard in up in Chelsea shirts instead of Arsenal and United (particularly Arsenal) with their long term managers.

pappe

If Pep goes to Chelsea i am pretty sure he wont last 1 season coz Chelsea would expose that Pep is just a mediocre manager who was blessed with one of the best teams of all time.

Wilbur

Banned

Come on, surely you have fuckloads to say about Swindon haha! Di Canio is my new favourite manager. Sometimes I still watch the clip where he kicked that player up the arse after substituting him

Of course that could happen. That wouldn't be a reason for people to be upset with the board over the sacking of RDM though. That would be people being upset because the actions of the board may well kick the team up the arse and get them playing. Being by bothered by the later scenario is not the same as the first.

Yes, you do lose that game after your trial funs out, but there are some games you can keep, I believe. I can't remember which ones though :lol

It's basically a glorified rental service, but it's great value.

Zabojnik

If Pep goes to Chelsea i am pretty sure he wont last 1 season coz Chelsea would expose that Pep is just a mediocre manager who was blessed with one of the best teams of all time.

You don't know that, though. I mean, it's possible, if not very likely, but there's no proof.

Carbonox

You keep your discounted stuff, lose access to the free stuff until you re-subscribe

I guess I could still use the trial even though the only thing I'm interested in is the free stuff. 30 days is still a long time to download a free game, finish it/play through as much as I want, before it gets removed.

Crysis 2 is the primary free game currently, from what I've seen on the UK site. Worth a punt for 30 days? :lol

I guess I could still use the trial even though the only thing I'm interested in is the free stuff. 30 days is still a long time to download a free game, finish it/play through as much as I want, before it gets removed.

Crysis 2 is the primary free game currently, from what I've seen on the UK site. Worth a punt for 30 days? :lol

I'd say its more than worth it throughout the year if you can afford it :)

pappe

Of course that could happen. That wouldn't be a reason for people to be upset with the board over the sacking of RDM though. That would be people being upset because the actions of the board may well kick the team up the arse and get them playing. Being by bothered by the later scenario is not the same as the first.

I dont think any1 rally is upset that RDM is sacked. The only fans who are upset are Liverpool fans coz they expect Rafa to end up at Chelsea. Others are just laughing their asses off at the absurdity of Chelsea owner.

Wilbur

Banned

I'm not upset though, I find it hilarious. I'm glad the Chelsea board exist.

Top Bottom