• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Wilbur

Banned
Let it be mate. At least on the morning after the night when the youngster showed themselves up to be just that: Youngsters.

A tough away game at Galatasaray will do them far better than sitting on the bench against Norwich will.

I just think SAF has to start playing Clev/Ando regularly now. They're not so young anymore, they need to be getting first team football or they'll stagnate.

Zabojnik

JuvChe16.jpg

JuvChe186.jpg

Amazing Curva Sud, amazing Stadium

I like how every third scarf is 'INTER TI ODIO' (Inter I hate you), haha. I saw one that said 'ODIO TUTTI' (I hate everybody) during a recent Roma match, must get my hands on one. Even though I can't bring myself to really hate anybody lately. 99% of the fans here are awesome, regardless of the club they support. <3

Still, there's Napoli, Inter ...

K1LLER7

Just seen that RDM got the sack. That's what happens when you don't start Abrommies favourite £50m striker in the big games.

Wilbur

Banned
Is the stadium actually called the Juventus Stadium, or are they selling naming rights?

Please be called 'The Berlusconi Bunga Bunga Palace - Turin Branch'

sohois

I don't see why Benitez would want to take them over until the end of the summer, unless he just wants a huge payout for a few months work (ok makes sense) but he didn't want the job earlier because he didn't want to be a stop gap for pep's arrival, nothings changed that would still be all he was.

If Benitez wants to get back to management he needs to get back in the public eye, Chelsea is a simple way to do that. Even if he just had an average season, 3rd place and out of the cups it would probably still go a long way to repairing his reputation with some of the more idiotic sections of English football - think back to Aston Villa fans deriding the chance of La Liga & CL winning Benitez going to manage them, only to end up with fucking Alex McLeish.

If Benitez wants to get back to management he needs to get back in the public eye, Chelsea is a simple way to do that. Even if he just had an average season, 3rd place and out of the cups it would probably still go a long way to repairing his reputation with some of the more idiotic sections of English football - think back to Aston Villa fans deriding the chance of La Liga & CL winning Benitez going to manage them, only to end up with fucking Alex McLeish.

One of the more infuriating forum-visits I've experienced

Wilbur

Banned

But Alex McLeish won the Carling Cup. He's potentially the greatest manager of the 21st Century

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Rom not fucking around wow

Winning the CL was a fluke, I knew he was going to get fired but I didn't expect it to be so soon.

Arnie

LOL RDM got sacked?

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
I laughed, too. It's such a 'Chelsea' move.
It's not much worse than sacking Benitez for Hodgson, to be fair, and there were some sections of Liverpool support who were in favour of the switch. I was in the crowd at Jeremy Kyle on the day Hodgson became manager, and it was Kyle himself who revealed that Hodgson was the confirmed new LFC boss, and I literally said 'oh fuck off'.

After that I warmed to him in pre-season, as an amicable enough chap, and after I'd accepted that Rafa was in the past. And then we started getting outplayed by shit teams at home. And then he started talking about his friend Fergie. And then we lost the merseyside derby and he was happy with the performance. And then I had an anal prolapse in anger.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Giorgio Chiellini: "If Luiz Adriano had done that against us, we'd have to finish the game with eight players"

Arnie said:
Conte's gone to Roma.

:(

On the bright side, it means Zeman got sacked!

Wilbury said:
Is the stadium actually called the Juventus Stadium, or are they selling naming rights?

We sold the naming rights last year!

Ashes

Banned
A tough away game at Galatasaray will do them far better than sitting on the bench against Norwich will.

I just think SAF has to start playing Clev/Ando regularly now. They're not so young anymore, they need to be getting first team football or they'll stagnate.

Fair enough.

Wilbur

Banned
It's always just a matter of time with that mad fucker.

When Conte comes back and stops the bribery so the FIGC stay off him for a while, Juventus will crash and burn and Zeman will take Roma on an undefeated run up until the 2016/17 season

Zabojnik

We sold the naming rights to SportFive, it's up to them to find an important sponsor after which the stadium will be named. They better hurry, because everybody is already calling it Juventus Stadium by default.

In other news, Juve's YouTube channel posted a nice tribute / doc video about the legendary Gaetano Scirea, easily the most beloved player in our club's history. Compared to him even Del Piero comes in second. English subtitles included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Oj5KGhVqTE

Scirea-Juventus.jpg

Forever in our hearts, Gai. <3

Wes

venison crêpe
Well RDM was never going to last. We all knew it.

I would laugh and laugh if Redknapp went to Chelsea.

Clegg

Abramovich never wanted RDM to stay as manager. The CL victory basically made it impossible for him to not offer RDM a contract.

I'm not surprised in the slightest.

dc89

The influence Champions have!

RDM's day has gone from bad to worse. He's just pulled up at home and JT's car has just reversed out the drive.

bud

benitez?
iCy8TQIU8bxS5.png
(fry or bacon, make an emoticon out face pls)

i thought chelsea wanted to play attacking football.

Arnie

Just realised, Rafa's going to absolutely destroy Mancini on Sunday. One day of full training and tactical work. Rodwell won't know what's hit him.

I've seen few better attacking performances from an English club than Liverpool's demolition of Madrid in the 08/09 season.

No surprise about Di Matteo. Take this with a pinch of salt, but I heard a rumour during the summer that Abramovich wasn't exactly pleased with the manner in which they won the Champions League, i.e. 1-9 formation and luck. It's well known that he wants them to play a certain way.

What I would be concerned about if I was a Chelsea fan is that maybe the owner now thinks he has a good system to maintain a certain level of success; replace the manager and buy new players. I remember typing out a long post when AVB got fired and Chelsea fans were calling their club and its set up a joke, about how they accept the owners decisions when the alternative is a financially unsustainable club. I hope for that reason Guardiola stays well away from Chelsea.

Let it be mate. At least on the morning after the night when the youngster showed themselves up to be just that: Youngsters.

The problem isn't just a specific dichotomy of youngsters versus geriatrics. It's balance. Fergie loves his rotation but it's come unstuck because our midfield is just plain short a few reliable, quality players.

Scholes in particular is still a fine option, so long as he's playing alongside energetic water carriers. But when Michael Carrick is the key player in your midfield, then you've got a problem. Carrick-Scholes, Carrick-Giggs, or - holy shit - Scholes-Giggs is doubling down on lethargic football. Their technical ability might have saved our bacon last season after Scholes came out of retirement, but it was never sustainable and even low-table sides know they can attack our midfield and maybe get something out of the game if our forwards aren't on song.

Yes, Anderson and Cleverley should be playing more, but at the same time, they do have to be handled with care given their recent injury history. And Fletcher actually looks like he might pull off a remarkable comeback, but he's also a long way from reliable. And so who's left? Powell looks decent, and he'll certainly become a good player. Petrucci and Cole will hopefully get a run-out in the CC. But these aren't dead-set first team players yet. We needed to buy another midfielder in the summer. Not only do we have an issue with reliable players in this area, but we'd already lost Hargreaves and two excellent midfielders on the cusp in Pogba and Morrison.

I don't think all is lost, though. United will still push the league the whole way, given the strength of our attack. And this may even be a good thing in the oneiric long-term. There's only one area that needs spending in the summer and it's become ridiculously painfully obvious. Now watch Fergie buy another winger.

Kyoufu

Haha "I don't think any Chelsea fan wants to see Rafa come here" says random Chelsea fan on SSN.

Ouch.

Pardew is shocked by the news. Pardew. Please. Shut the fuck up. If anybody should have been sacked today it's you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

benitez?
iCy8TQIU8bxS5.png
(fry or bacon, make an emoticon out face pls)

Their tactic of 'pass the ball to Mata, Hazard or Oscar and see what happens' has done them the world of good in the last month. Under Rafa, those 3 will have less freedom, but you can bet your arse that he won't put up with Luiz and Cahill fannying about constantly out of position. He'll also inject a bit more intelligence into Mikel in terms of positioning

Soi-Fong

Their tactic of 'pass the ball to Mata, Hazard or Oscar and see what happens' has done them the world of good in the last month. Under Rafa, those 3 will have less freedom, but you can bet your arse that he won't put up with Luiz and Cahill fannying about constantly out of position. He'll also inject a bit more intelligence into Mikel in terms of positioning

Sorry, I'm not sure I'm getting this. Is Rafa known more for defensive football?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
395044_382113765201606_1145129465_n.jpg

Need a gif of this!
We sold the naming rights to SportFive, it's up to them to find an important sponsor after which the stadium will be named. They better hurry, because everybody is already calling it Juventus Stadium by default.

In other news, Juve's YouTube channel posted a nice tribute / doc video about the legendary Gaetano Scirea, easily the most beloved player in our club's history. Compared to him even Del Piero comes in second. English subtitles included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Oj5KGhVqTE

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Scirea-Juventus.jpg[IMG]

Forever in our hearts, Gai. <3[/QUOTE]

Gaetano Scirea Stadium.

Top Bottom