• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Arnie

Sorry, I'm not sure I'm getting this. Is Rafa known more for defensive football?

Not defensive, but structured, not far away from AVB on paper. Look at how Redknapp treated Bale, and how AVB now treats him. Expect similar from Rafa with two out of the three creative midfielders Chelsea possess. Rafa long courted Mata, and I'd imagine he'll be the one to take up the free central role behind Torres.

Fady K

I am consistently inpressed by Kyle not just as a Chelsea fan, but as a football fan in general.

Tends to be extremely logical almost a 100% of the time and always assesses the team fairly.

I love RDM so much and I am truly angered by his sacking (disgraceful!) But at the same time I acknowledge that without Romab the club would have been nowhere near this in terms of interesting players and trophies. I only wish he - Roman - thought more about the long term. At least for a whole season man!

Kyoufu

Remember when Chelsea were in trouble in the CL? They sacked the manager and went on to win it all.

Damn, Zola is the Watford manager? I haven't heard about him here in Italy since a lot of time, I thought that he was free. How is he doing with Watford?

I dunno, Watford are crap lol.

Arnie

If Torres stays, I'd garner he's intelligent enough to do that. Lol

Rafa will make sure he does it, in training and during the match, and they both know that he can do it. The best thing for Torres' confidence is Rafa.

Remember when Chelsea were in trouble in the CL? They sacked the manager and went on to win it all.
And a poor away performance to an Italian club was the catalyst for both sackings.

It's a bit too late to save Chelsea now though, even for Rafa.

I assumed we would get through to the QF, lose badly to Barca in first leg, sack RDM and win the thing again :lol

Edit - Is it confirmed we are announcing a new manager today?

If Torres stays, I'd garner he's intelligent enough to do that. Lol

He can be as good as Mista :p

When he was at his best, he was making intelligent runs, finding the right space in the box and dropping off at the right time. All of that will come back I think, but whether he has the physicality to make it count is another question. Assuming Rafa goes there, the days of Torres only having 1 shot in a game should be over

Kyoufu

I assumed we would get through to the QF, lose badly to Barca in first leg, sack RDM and win the thing again :lol

Edit - Is it confirmed we are announcing a new manager today?

SSN says Roman hopes to announce a new puppet today.

It's basically guaranteed to be Rafa because he's already in England isn't he?

pappe

But will he still be using Zonal marking?? I remember him using that and being criticized when he was at Liverpool.

Clegg

Torres may get his confidence back if Rafa becomes manager but he'll never be the player he once was.

His problems aren't just all in his head.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
450ov.png

PrematureQuiche
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
Have some faith! Shakhtar are no walkovers.

Marchisio is suspended!

Kyoufu

Torres may get his confidence back if Rafa becomes manager but he'll never be the player he once was.

His problems aren't just all in his head.

Torres just needs a few goals to be the best Spanish player in the league.

Get that in your head.

Arnie

But will he still be using Zonal marking?? I remember him using that and being criticized when he was at Liverpool.

Yes, and he's right to. Liverpool didn't concede an exceptional amount of set plays playing zonal, each and every one was just highlighted and dissected because zonal marking has a tendency to look calamitous when it fails. Zonal's a great system.

:lol at Quiche's avatar, only just noticed it now Yurt pointed it out. Brilliant.

pappe

Yes, and he's right to. Liverpool didn't concede an exceptional amount of set plays playing zonal, each and every one was just highlighted and dissected because zonal marking has a tendency to look calamitous when it fails. Zonal's a great system.

:lol at Quiche's avatar, only just noticed it now Yurt pointed it out. Brilliant.

I dunno i have never been a fan of Zonal marking nor will i ever be.

Arnie

FUCKING LOL AT ENRIQUE' SPELLING, this is some Wilbury shit:

Really happy today because i know now who is the green doblin on spidernan film pic.twitter.com/ct3BZxgZ

A8OjUyQCAAAaPR7.jpg

Spindernan. Green Doblin. lol lol lol

Nice trackie though, +10 for Assaidi.

Fady K

I hope you do well in the next round Yurt! Your fans are the best on here <3 I just don't see Shakhtar playing a full team when they are already in the next round.

Truth be told though Shakhtar would rather win a home game when it can guarantee them top spot wouldn't it? Still, Juventus are tough stuff!

In any case, even if Chelsea miraculously make it to the next round, it will be real tough to go further. They are manager-less yet again, and the problem with that it what kind of stability will it inspire when the manager that the players really liked has been sacked? The players can't feel too good about stuff like this I take it...

I don't see why so many of you think Pep will say no to Chelsea.

I can see him maybe preferring one or two other clubs to Chelsea, but I don't see him saying no to them outright. Why would he?

What do you guys think, will Chelsea have a harder time to attract a top manager, because of their lack of patience and Ambramovich obvious will to decide a lot of "manager things" by himself?

Can't see at least that Pep wouldn´t accept it.

Truth be told though Shakhtar would rather win a home game when it can guarantee them top spot wouldn't it? Still, Juventus are tough stuff!

In any case, even if Chelsea miraculously make it to the next round, it will be real tough to go further. They are manager-less yet again, and the problem with that it what kind of stability will it inspire when the manager that the players really liked has been sacked? The players can't feel too good about stuff like this I take it...

It is going to be a draw. It has to be. If Chelsea get to the next round I will buy a Juve shirt with whatever the first Juve fan tells me to get on the back when I have the money. I just can't see it happen and wish we at least gave RDM till the end of the season. I was going to get tickets to Leeds away but thinking about just not going now.

Kyoufu

Pep has said he won't cut his sabbatical short. He could take the job next season but he won't be manager today or tomorrow.

The only reason they'd want Rafa is because he's the only manager Torres has played well under in England.

Building your club around one shit player is asking for trouble. :/

Fady K

What do you guys think, will Chelsea have a harder time to attract a top manager, because of their lack of patience and Ambramovich obvious will to decide a lot of "manager things" by himself?

Can't see at least that Pep wouldn´t accept it.

Even if Pep gets it, he's bound to get sacked in a year or two tops I reckon. Then what? Who will bother going to Chelsea then? One day he will hire the best that he can possibly hire and then fire him, and then what? He will simply run out of managers to pick from. I wonder what he would do if he sacked Pep lol.

Even if Pep gets it, he's bound to get sacked in a year or two tops I reckon. Then what? Who will bother going to Chelsea then? One day he will hire the best that he can possibly hire and then fire him, and then what? He will simply run out of managers to pick from. I wonder what he would do if he sacked Pep lol.
He already did that.

Anilones

BBC are saying that Benitez was spoken to prior to last night's match. Got to give appreciation to Balague for continuing to make a living (likely a very good one) for constantly talking crap.

Fady K

It is going to be a draw. It has to be. If Chelsea get to the next round I will buy a Juve shirt with whatever the first Juve fan tells me to get on the back when I have the money. I just can't see it happen and wish we at least gave RDM till the end of the season. I was going to get tickets to Leeds away but thinking about just not going now.

If Chelsea make it to the next round I'll buy a Juve shirt and have the name Amauri in the back. Thing is, even if we were to make it to the next round, I am just worried about the team finding some darn rhythm and gelling for a long-term period for a change. That is what I admire about Ferguson's side - one loss only ever four to five games. Even when they play bad they can grind out a win. Plus - much of the time they play like a team. Which we could have that kind of mechanism in the team.

I too wish RDM lasted all season - EVEN if he did not get a single trophy. My priority now is building the team a bit in a good way. Shame he had to get sacked. He was such a wonderful character. God knows if we will ever get a manager that can be this peaceful with both his players and the media.

I don't see why so many of you think Pep will say no to Chelsea.

I can see him maybe preferring one or two other clubs to Chelsea, but I don't see him saying no to them outright. Why would he?

Because the structure of the club is a joke. Although I think he'll end up at City.

Fady K

He already did that.

He did, but that was his first hire for a manager too no? He probably should know better now when he has a manager who is as consistent as Jose was back then.

Nah, who am I kidding? He'd probably sack him for a disagreement related to starting a wasteful but expensive player or due to transfer policy arguments.

If Chelsea make it to the next round I'll buy a Juve shirt and have the name Amauri in the back. Thing is, even if we were to make it to the next round, I am just worried about the team finding some darn rhythm and gelling for a long-term period for a change. That is what I admire about Ferguson's side - one loss only ever four to five games. Even when they play bad they can grind out a win. Plus - much of the time they play like a team. Which we could have that kind of mechanism in the team.

I too wish RDM lasted all season - EVEN if he did not get a single trophy. My priority now is building the team a bit in a good way. Shame he had to get sacked. He was such a wonderful character. God knows if we will ever get a manager that can be this peaceful with both his players and the media.

There is no way we can build a team with the manager leaving every 8 months. How is Oscar/Hazard/Moses/Cesar going to grow as players and enjoy being at Chelsea when being managed by another manager every 8 months.

Fady K

Because the structure of the club is a joke. Although I think he'll end up at City.

I'm a Chelsea fan, and I can't fully disagree with this. The club is not a reliable place for managers. I still don't think the club is an outright joke because without Roman Chelsea would have achieved far less than they did in the last decade possibly.

Top Bottom