• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Fady K

There is no way we can build a team with the manager leaving every 8 months. How is Oscar/Hazard/Moses/Cesar going to grow as players and enjoy being at Chelsea when being managed by another manager every 8 months.

Exactly my concern, and exactly why I wanted him to stick around all season.

Didn't Ferguson not win a major title for ManU during his first six years?

I'm a Chelsea fan, and I can't fully disagree with this. The club is not a reliable place for managers. I still don't think the club is an outright joke because without Roman Chelsea would have achieved far less than they did in the last decade possibly.

I don't think the club is a joke. That would include the players. Just the structure. You have one guy and his 'advisers' just chopping and changing as he sees fit. I think a lot of journalists have this view.

There is no way we can build a team with the manager leaving every 8 months. How is Oscar/Hazard/Moses/Cesar going to grow as players and enjoy being at Chelsea when being managed by another manager every 8 months.
There's no way Chelsea would be here with Roman so you just got to deal.

He won you 3 league titles. The Champions League. Gave you Drogba, Mata, Oscar and Hazard.

This is the price you must pay!

He won you 3 league titles. The Champions League. Gave you Drogba, Mata, Oscar and Hazard.

I know. As Fady said I am extremely grateful for what Roman had given the club. It is just I can't see these younger players sticking around with constant manager changes.

Fady K

I don't think the club is a joke. That would include the players. Just the structure. You have one guy and his 'advisers' just chopping and changing as he sees fit. I think a lot of journalists have this view.

My bad, read it incorrectly. The dilemma is the cause of the structure being a joke is also the reason of many of the club's recent successes.

At one point Ferguson was a game away from being sacked iirc

Wow, is this for real? But I mean - even if it was; SIX years is an incredible amount of time. We can barely reach one year with one guy these days.

elsk

Banned

And the german Messi, don't forget him!!!

marko-marin-5.jpg

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Abramovich should just manage the bloody club if he thinks he can do it so much better.

Anyone in London fancy wandering over to Stamford Bridge and popping my CV in?

Fady K

Oh yeah and congrats to the Juve fans here! You guys dominated us badly.

I know. As Fady said I am extremely grateful for what Roman had given the club. It is just I can't see these younger players sticking around with constant manager changes.

I agree with your statement - constant managerial changes may very much instill a sense of instability. Not good after we brought in so many promising youngsters under RDM.

What if things became even WORSE though? Remember what happened to Wolves after they sacked Mick?

Fady K

So goal.com reiterates Kyoufu's post - that Pep will not cut his vacation short. Goal.com also reports that Benitez is set to be the Chelsea manager on a short-term basis.

Believable. Since it is decided on being a short term basis from the start lol.

Abramovich should just manage the bloody club if he thinks he can do it so much better.

Anyone in London fancy wandering over to Stamford Bridge and popping my CV in?

You are a wizard my friend, you can make things happen :D

My bad, read it incorrectly. The dilemma is the cause of the structure being a joke is also the reason of many of the club's recent successes.

I know. It's sad because this is the reason a lot of Chelsea fans don't really care any more.

Anyway, someone needs to update the gif

6885227808_4254d15ebd_o.gif

Will be very interesting to see how Benitez does if he gets the job.

He's definitely a good manager but I'm really not sure if he's as good as Liverpool fans say/remember him.

But any capable manager has a chance with Chelsea's team and the money available.

Fady K

I know. It's sad because this is the reason a lot of Chelsea fans don't really care any more.

Anyway, someone needs to update the gif

6885227808_4254d15ebd_o.gif

Thing is, I felt he was more patient "than usual" with AVB, hence I was hoping his patience has improved overall :/

That gif is awesome. Someone has to gif my avatar onto that.

Fady K

231305hp2.jpg

:'(

Will be very interesting to see how Benitez does if he gets the job.

He's definitely a good manager but I'm really not sure if he's as good as Liverpool fans say/remember him.

But any capable manager has a chance with Chelsea's team and the money available.

I wasn't big on football during Rafa's days - but wasn't Liverpool doing really badly under him as time went on?

I agree with your statement - constant managerial changes may very much instill a sense of instability. Not good after we brought in so many promising youngsters under RDM.

What if things became even WORSE though? Remember what happened to Wolves after they sacked Mick?

Were turning into Liverpool :p Start getting used to the Europa League.

Timurid

Lol juve got RDM fired hahaha!! I do feel bad for RDM, Abramovich should of gave him until Christmas to regain Chelsea's form in the league.

231305hp2.jpg

:'(

I wasn't big on football during Rafa's days - but wasn't Liverpool doing really badly under him as time went on?
The team he built challenged for the title one season. It was a good team but that years United team was different class.

Always did well in the CL. I didn't find the football particularly impressive in terms of style, very tactically cute however.

He did work under shit owners which didn't help.

I think he was good there but not brilliant.

sohois

The picture of Benitez the BBC are using is really unflattering :lol. Not the most flattering of portraits and to add insult to injury they put him next to pictures of Pep & Di Matteo in suits. Even at his best Rafa couldn't compare to those 2 in the looks department.

edit: I've said it before, but that CL win has really given some a ridiculous view of Drogba's last few years at Chelsea. He was once a great player, but his league performances in his final 2 seasons were shocking, a couple of good performances in cups doesn't change that. He is definitely not an answer.

ATF487

Who sprains their ankle 10 minutes into the last indoor soccer game? ATF487 does.

Can't believe this Chelsea stuff; I liked Benitez but I hated Chelsea during the Mourinho/Ancelotti days, it'd be weird to see him coaching there.

Empty

oh my god. chelsea are hilariously terrible.

weird to see chelsea fans i know on facebook shit all over the suggestion of benitez (one wanted to protest outside stamford bridge if he was appointed :/). i don't agree with the deification of him by liverpool fans but he's certainly a very very good manager, i didn't know he was that disliked.

sohois

oh my god. chelsea are hilariously terrible.

weird to see chelsea fans i know on facebook shit all over the suggestion of benitez (one wanted to protest outside stamford bridge if he was appointed :/). i don't agree with the deification of him by liverpool fans but he's certainly a very very good manager, i didn't know he was that disliked.

The English media did a pretty good job on him for the average uninformed fan, see Villa for another example.

And more specifically for Chelsea, there is probably some dislike due to Mourinho, who generally didn't like Rafa and was beaten twice by him in the Champions league semi-final.

Dibbz

The picture of Benitez the BBC are using is really unflattering :lol. Not the most flattering of portraits and to add insult to injury they put him next to pictures of Pep & Di Matteo in suits. Even at his best Rafa couldn't compare to those 2 in the looks department.

The Gaurdian has an even better shot of Rafa.

Rafael-Benitez-003.jpg

Reminds me of that "u wot m8" picture

If Vilanova wins silverware with Barca this year, does that mean every major club will automatically see him as the messiah figure to bring them success, and to the fans, play like Barcelona? Why the heck do so many people want Guardiola?

Zabojnik

If Vilanova wins silverware with Barca this year, does that mean every major club will automatically see him as the messiah figure to bring them success, and to the fans, play like Barcelona? Why the heck do so many people want Guardiola?

Apparently he did a great job with Barca B and turned an already great team into GOAT team. I don't know if that's enough to proclaim him an amazing manager, but it must count for something.

Kyoufu

He laid the foundation. Vilanova has basically taken over without changing much, if anything.

Top Bottom