• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

FuturusX

Benitez is class...don't let his time at Inter and the final days of Liverpool cloud the outstanding work he wove at Valencia and Liverpoool (before the Hicks & Gilette war). But nobody not even the best (Mourhino) is good enough for Roman. He'd find an excuse to sack GOD...."Results are not Devine enough!"

I love Chelsea....

Meier

But dem monies...

ESPN article from today said he turned down a £20m a year offer from Roman this past summer.

Not that it was a shocking prediction, but I posted yesterday that RDM would probably be gone after this weekend if City won. Definitely did not anticipate that he wouldn't even make it that long.

FuturusX

DiMatteo was a pretty poor manager though...once he lost rabbits's foot and four leaf clover...the real results started to flow.

Kyoufu

DiMatteo was a pretty poor manager though...once he lost rabbits's foot and four leaf clover...the real results started to flow.

I don't think so.

With a real striker he would have beaten Manure and the rest easily.

Torres is shit.

Can't blame RDM for being stuck with a turd of a striker.

Anilones

Why not? It's the best job in the world.

If you do well you get paid.

If you don't do well you get paid.

WIN-WIN.

And it doesn't appear to affect the perception of the manager negatively, making re-employment pretty easy.

I would gladly sign up with Chelsea, easiest job in world football.

FuturusX

I don't think so.

With a real striker he would have beaten Manure and the rest easily.

Torres is shit.

Can't blame RDM for being stuck with a turd of a striker.

His team selection yesterday was laughable...and Daniel Sturridge feelings are mightily hurt. Take it back!

Meier

His team selection yesterday was laughable...and Daniel Sturridge feelings are mightily hurt. Take it back!

Seemed fine to me -- Hazard can be a dangerous finisher and Torres has been dragging them down lately. I think the only questionable decision was Azpilicueta (sp) but perhaps he wanted someone who could offer some defensive assistance as well. All Chelsea needed was a draw really as they're guaranteed to win their last match. A draw would have put them through.

FuturusX

Sturridge was injured. Only Torres would have been upset :lol

Indeed yesterday he had only Torres...but brother Kyoufu was suggesting / jesting that there was one real striker at the club during a large part of his tenure. (Looks at Sturridge) I can't really disagree :)

Drogba removal was a huge mistake.gif or was that a disgrace.gif (I'll grab me coat)

Özil am cry:
goetzeusr9u8h.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlYOg2JCbUQ

Arnie

Will be very interesting to see how Benitez does if he gets the job.

He's definitely a good manager but I'm really not sure if he's as good as Liverpool fans say/remember him.

But any capable manager has a chance with Chelsea's team and the money available.

This opinion's always baffled me; he won La Liga twice with Valencia. It's not just Liverpool fans bigging him up, the guy's very, very capable. Liverpool fans will love him because he took us from a top five team to a top three team, and won us our fifth European Cup, and put a credible title challenge together, but he proved his worth before he joined us. In terms of his CV, he's far more capable than Di Matteo, AVB, or silly suggestions like Redknapp.

I wish Lee and Clementine were in the TV show

Larry's a cunt

Fuck's sake, I skipped the 'Next Time on Walking Dead' bit because they always slightly spoil TV shows, so I missed my stats

Meier

Özil am cry:
http://www.abload.de/img/goetzeusr9u8h.gif[IMG]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlYOg2JCbUQ[/url][/QUOTE]

Hah, I thought he was just mimicking juggling a ball. Even when seeing the Youtube video, I had no clue what was going on.. thankfully Chrome's auto translation explained he was good with gum which allowed me to rewind it and see the spot he spit it out.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I hope whoever we sign wants to win the Club World Cup. I would love to win that.
As far as I know Abramovich hasn't fired anyone who won the Club World Cup/Intercontinental Cup and/or the Euros yet. The only person who fits both criteria is Luis Aragonés.

Go for the Grand Slam, Roman!

It was obvious Di Matteo wasn't Chelsea's first choice - they never wanted him in the first place. I like Benitez, we share a mutual hatred of United, so he's alright in my book. But I fear this may not be the role for him. Limited power and limited time at Chelsea

PaulLFC

Former Chelsea defender Paul Elliott has backed the decision to sack Roberto Di Matteo as manager and defended Roman Abramovich's hire-and-fire approach.

Di Matteo left Chelsea after only eight months in charge, becoming the seventh manager to be fired since Abramovich bought the club in 2003.

"Results and performances haven't been to the level of a club of this magnitude," Elliott told BBC Sport.

"Abramovich has always been good for Chelsea and will continue to be."
Form this season:
PL: WWWDWWWWLDDL
CL: DWLWL
COC: WW

Yep, such terrible form, that.

Top Bottom