• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Clegg

Not sure what the groups look like but I think Milan or Benfica/Celtic would be my picks.

Milan are second in their group, three points behind Malaga. So there is a high probability that they'll finish second.

We could also get Juventus, Shakhtar, Madrid, PSG, Porto, Bayern, and Valencia.

Salvadora

Thierry Henry spent last week training with Arsenal. Wenger had this to say:
“He has been practising with us,” the manager told Arsenal.com. “Will I sign him again in January? I don’t know. I don’t rule it out. He is sharp.

FootballFan

ilMgTyHaHtQIT.gif

I like Mexes I wish we could pick him up as a back up. he fucks up a lot but so do the other scrubs we play out of position at CB. City is terrible, how are they undefeated in the pl?

:lol nice reaction.

Nah Mexes isn't good enough. I too wonder how they are undefeated, on another day Khedira could have had a hat trick :lol.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Milan are second in their group, three points behind Malaga. So there is a high probability that they'll finish second.

Malaga already won their group. Milan is a definite possibility

FootballFan

Dat Podolski goal :O

I still prefer Ibra's goal to Mexes.

Ibra's was awesome but.. Mexes scored it with the goalie in the goal, controlled it himself with his chest(not assistsed by goalie mistake), did it in a game that mattered, and he is also not Ibra so even more extra points.

Meier

When is your Sheik going to abandon you?

Anyone who suggests this is an idiot. City are actually interested in forming the second MLS team in NYC as a way to continue to further the brand.

The entire concept of the City project for the Sheikh and for Etihad is to continue to spread that brand and Abu Dhabi on a worldwide scale. The money is a drop in the bucket. They're opening soccer pitch after pitch in the US and they're all co-sponsored by City and the UAE Embassy. This is a project for their country as a whole.

The quicker people understand this and quit getting their hopes up, the better they'll be off.

Wilbur

Banned

Milan, Benfica/Celtic, Valencia. Anyone else and I think we'd go out.

Zabojnik

Go sit in front of the TV at 20h20min to watch a Jojo ep before ManCity - Real, fall asleep and wake up at 23h. Fuck me. :/

Dat Podolski goal.
Dat Mexes goal. Milan woke up just in time to smash us on Sunday!
Dat Borussia fucking Dortmund! Such an amazing team. I'm calling it right now, Borussia - Shakhtar final. Or at least semi-final.

vidalshhh.gif

I was in Fady land. I'm sure almost everyone posted. ;)

I didn't, but it didn't have anything at all to do with us losing to Inter. Let's not burst Timurid's fictional bubble, though.

FootballFan

Milan are set in second position, can't go third or first. Malaga secured first position today.

Those all look like tough games for Man United though, Milan would be the easiest, even then El Shaarawy is destroying every team lol.

K1LLER7

Ibra's was awesome but.. Mexes scored it with the goalie in the goal, controlled it himself with his chest(not assistsed by goalie mistake), did it in a game that mattered, and he is also not Ibra so even more extra points.
It was a great goal but for me Ibra was further out, had to time it and place it perfectly otherwise the defender would've cleared it off the line. Plus he's Ibrahimovic and scored against England :p

Porto/PSG
Schalke
AC Milan
Real Madrid
Shakthar/Juve
Bayern/Valencia
Benfica/Celtic

The teams who could finish second.

Finishing first really isn't that big an advantage this season.

As a City fan, very disappointed to see us go out, but at the same time we can now focus domestically. Silver lining etc etc.

Dortmund to win it out now I think? What a performance by them, very sleek, classy team

Wilbur

Banned
As a City fan, very disappointed to see us go out, but at the same time we can now focus domestically. Silver lining etc etc.

Dortmund to win it out now I think? What a performance by them, very sleek, classy team

I think their inexperience will show in the later stages. They're a phenomenal team but I don't think they'll win it. They could easy make the semis though.

It all depends on the draw really. When's that made, mid December? Or is it Jan?

deGod

With the team that city have and the quality of players, you'd have to expect them to qualify out of any group they have

FootballFan

It was a great goal but for me Ibra was further out, had to time it and place it perfectly otherwise the defender would've cleared it off the line. Plus he's Ibrahimovic and scored against England :p

Ibra's was a nice goal but is being outside the box not far enough for you? Did Mexes not have to time + place it perfectly(there is goalie in the goal!), + he is a CentreBack not a striker and it was scored in a crucial CL game for Milan. :p

I think their inexperience will show in the later stages. They're a phenomenal team but I don't think they'll win it. They could easy make the semis though.

It all depends on the draw really. When's that made, mid December? Or is it Jan?

True, an injury to someone like Reus or Gotze would devastate them too I think. They need the stars to align but I'd like them to do it. Mid December draw, isn't it just after the final round of matches?

With the team that city have and the quality of players, you'd have to expect them to qualify out of any group they have

Again, I am very disappointed, our performances against Ajax really just cost us, as did the first RM game. Just bottled it really. Need to harden up and come back again next year!

deGod

True, an injury to someone like Reus or Gotze would devastate them too I think. They need the stars to align but I'd like them to do it. Mid December draw, isn't it just after the final round of matches?

Again, I am very disappointed, our performances against Ajax really just cost us, as did the first RM game. Just bottled it really. Need to harden up and come back again next year!

I agree that it is inexperience with the different teams. United are used to it and bring in players slowly and alternate effectively. Mancini plays the same team week in week out nearly

FootballFan

I dont want to play Juve or Madrid until the final.

Bring on ze Germans or Shakhtar. We'll crush Malaga or Valencia too

Can't play the Spanish teams in the round of 16. Valencia and Madrid will end up in 2nd in both their groups right?

That cuts down the amount of teams we could end up with.

I was just wanted to know the site you got the info from, but then i saw the link in your post. That site is pretty amazing. Aside from that, I'm happy that Dortmund are doing extremely well europe than last year's horrid run. I love that Klopp got Reus before the summer transfer window. Also, How is Bittencourt shaping up to be? is Klopp playing him? Lastly, If you guys get matched with Juve please beat the living shit out of them!! Thank you

Bittencourt has only played once when we ran out of offensive subs vs. Schalke, he's pretty damn good, but we're very stacked in the OM and Klopp is extremely cautious about players who are unable to defend properly. Even offensive-minded ones need to be able to defend and Bittencourt is not quite there yet.
He is, however, rocking the reserves in the third division and was recently a u21 Germany nominee.
I think the plan is to keep him around this season in order for him to gain strength/tactical finesse and then in 13/14 he'll probably be brought near the first team.
Yeah, we'll make sure we beat Juve. After all, we know dat feel :D

bBVnS.jpg

/

fD2a4.png

deroli

OMG YESSSSS!
After the draw, I would have accepted the third place without any hesitation. And now we're qualified for the round of 16 as the motherfucking leader of the group. I would have never ever expected this! Today, we played very cleverly. Ajax had much more possession but could barely create any chances. We instead made great use of the few opportunies that we had. That's a huge difference to last year's CL season, when it was the other way around. Man of the Match: Götze for sure. He scored one goal and assisted the other ones I think. But everyone played well today. Just a great effort by the whole team :)

Some Dutch dude that played in Germany for years says Huntelaar will leave in January and Arsenal are favorites.

Schalke to drop to the Europa League spots!

Top Bottom