• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

I don't think they'd lose anything because they didn't have a European campaign five years ago. That's the way it works right?

Well they would get a better coefficient score if they were to get into Europa league then make progress. It may not do much for them next season but in the long term it would help them.

fuenf

I don't think they'd lose anything because they didn't have a European campaign five years ago. That's the way it works right?

Yeah it's based on the past 5 years. But it doesnt really matter because City are playing like crap and are in fact still losing points to the top teams.
http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/ccoef2013.html

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/tcoef2013.html

To be fair, this year they got primarily screwed over by Dortmund's bad coefficient and not theirs, but they only have themselves to blame. Bluemoon is funny, though, according to them, the country ranking is only there to secure the place/success of the old guard. ;)

Linius

It still surprises me how City is sucking so hard in Europe. With players like that they should be able to qualify for the next round.

It's too bad Ajax is out in the group stages for the third year in a row now. But if we make it to the EL that would be great given our poule this year. Last year was our chance, fucking Zagreb.

Chelsea fans can fuck off. That cunt outside the training ground is pretty much the shittest fan in the history of the game.

I hope Rafa does well in the league and cups, perhaps wins the League Cup, does fuck all to try and win the approval of the Chelsea fans and fucks off in the summer. No offense Kyle, Fady, PQ et al, but your cunt of a fanbase don't deserve shit

faridmon

Wait.... Benitez to.... Chelsea...

BBfEg.gif

fuenf

Chelsea fans can fuck off. That cunt outside the training ground is pretty much the shittest fan in the history of the game.

I hope Rafa does well in the league and cups, perhaps wins the League Cup, does fuck all to try and win the approval of the Chelsea fans and fucks off in the summer. No offense Kyle, Fady, PQ et al, but your cunt of a fanbase don't deserve shit

I hope Chelsea completely falls apart, Abramovich loses interest and leaves them.

Kenka

It still surprises me how City is sucking so hard in Europe. With players like that they should be able to qualify for the next round.
The main difference between a team like say Juve and ManCity is the solidarity on the field, as far as a I can tell as a neutral. When you play at Juve, you know your colleague will give his utmost and it's naturaly for you to do the same to cover his ass as much as possible.

ManCity? I don't think so, they are more like individuals gathering for the sole purpose of being not ejected by the group by an authoritative figure. I think teams like Porto and Dortmund are more of the former and teams like Real and PSG more of the latter.

Wilbur

Banned
Wouldn't agree with Real being the latter; they did a great job to depose Barca last year, they got to the semis of this competition and they'll probably do at least that again.

And PSG have made the second round. It's only City consistently flopping out of the new kids.

£86m: Chelsea have spent approximately £86million since 2004 in compensation for managers - more than Everton’s entire net spend since the Premier League began.

9 - Roman Abramovich has had 9 managers in his time at Stamford Bridge - as many as Manchester United have had since 1937

Linius

The main difference between a team like say Juve and ManCity is the solidarity on the field, as far as a I can tell as a neutral. When you play at Juve, you know your colleague will give his utmost and it's naturaly for you to do the same to cover his ass as much as possible.

ManCity? I don't think so, they are more like individuals gathering for the sole purpose of being not ejected by the group by an authoritative figure. I think teams like Porto and Dortmund are more of the former and teams like Real and PSG more of the latter.

I get that most clubs owned by rich dudes consist of players bought from everywhere and they're not a real team. So that's where the manager at that sort of clubs should play a big role. If you have so much quality under your control one can only expect the best. And since City won the PL last year I tought they were getting there. Winning a prize like that is not just luck. But this season the CL is just as much drama as it was last season.

9 - Roman Abramovich has had 9 managers in his time at Stamford Bridge - as many as Manchester United have had since 1937

Nine may be a lot, but a comparison with United isn't fair. We can't all have a Ferguson that's been there for like forever :p

fuenf

I wouldnt compare City with Real, just look at the history of the clubs. Playing for Real is something special and there's a lot of prestige involved, every player (except the Barca ones) would at least think about a transfer to Real. City on the other hand will most likely always play second fiddle to ManU, yeah they bought a title so what? It's still a team of outcasts and mercenaries. Even PSG has far more potential than City.

Wilbur

Banned
Nine may be a lot, but a comparison with United isn't fair. We can't all have a Ferguson that's been there for like forever :p

I know he's been there for fucking years but not since 1937 :(

City on the other hand will most likely always play second fiddle to ManU, yeah they bought a title so what? It's still a team of outcasts and mercenaries. Even PSG has far more potential than City.

Fuenf I love you. I will support Bayern just for you. Fuck Frylipe M8lo

Linius

I hope De Boer will be our Ferguson. If we only had the money to keep our players and build a team we could have a comeback in Europe. Financial fairplay would mean a great deal to us.

[IMG']http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/539990_3816643130554_1786805926_n.jpg[/IMG]

You don't want to mess with me, braw

Those are some nice sunnies.

I turned 30 this year. Hurt bad man. :(

Thanks! Prescription sunglasses so also fucking expensive. Was close to buying some Hunter S. Thompson yellow ones, lol

Really yoiu will be able to make a stat like that comparing United to 90% of all clubs.

Palermo has had 23 managers in the last 10 years.
iqQBTh934ojGD.png

Nyx

I hope De Boer will be our Ferguson. If we only had the money to keep our players and build a team we could have a comeback in Europe. Financial fairplay would mean a great deal to us.

Do you really think the UEFA is going to ban teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona for not having a tight financial budget?

And even if they would, all the big spending teams will just form their own league, mark my words.

Linius

Do you really think the UEFA is going to ban teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona for not having a tight financial budget?

And even if they would, all the big spending teams will just form their own league, mark my words.

I know there won't be a change in that direction. Money talks.

Wilbur

Banned

Yeah it would be nice to see Ajax be a bigger team in Europe again.

Really yoiu will be able to make a stat like that comparing United to 90% of all clubs.

Palermo has had 23 managers in the last 10 years.
iqQBTh934ojGD.png

I wish Zamparini was the chairman at City or Liverpool, it would make my life endlessly entertaining

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

All thanks to:

c-34715194.jpg

Just seen Mancini saying that people are crazy if they think City can win the Champions League in two years.

What about qualifying from the group stage first? Like Napoli did in their first year, or Dortmund have in their second year

/dcinversepost

iboN0RHAO9qEiN.gif

What about getting out of the group stage Mancini?

#IsupportMancini

I hope Mancini stays at City forever.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Only one of Chelsea's last five managers has ended a season that he started.

dat itchy trigger finger

Bolo Zenden is Benitez's assistant? Didn't really expect that, thought he was still wanting to play.

Snuh? This is going to be hilarious.

I think the problem with English teams is the midfield. Let's be honest, the midfield sucks for nearly every big team.

Toure has been so shite this season. He doesn't offer anything when he's not on his game. With his strength and pace, he should be influencing games even when he's not playing well, but he's mentally such a soft shite, games just pass him by

edit: BOLO! Can't believe he started the final in 2007. I can see why he did, but Kewell was in a rare patch of form, and Zenden offered nearly fuck all in attack

fuenf

Fuenf I love you. I will support Bayern just for you. Fuck Frylipe M8lo

Hehe, our hatred for City unites us. I actually have a ton of respect for United too and learned to love the club. United was pretty much Bayern's main rival in the CL when I was growing up and over the years i really started to appreciate the rivalry (and United).

Wilbur

Banned
Toure has been so shite this season. He doesn't offer anything when he's not on his game. With his strength and pace, he should be influencing games even when he's not playing well, but he's mentally such a soft shite, games just pass him by

Yeah; not to keep using Fellaini as the benchmark for all performances by human beings in the near future, but he should be putting himself about like that and doesn't.

Yeah; not to keep using Fellaini as the benchmark for all performances by human beings in the near future, but he should be putting himself about like that and doesn't.

I'm seeing a worrying similarity in Sahin's mentality unfortunately. Its becoming clear to me why Mourinho wasn't too keen on him tbh

New meme.

Have 100 billion dollars in the bank

buy 2 dollar sunglasses

He wears them constantly, lol

You know what Abramovich is like: unassuming, self-effacing and all that. ;)

Reading his biography he actually kind of is. Ruthless and a huge cunt when it comes to business, but has some weird hatred for formal clothing and often just showing up looking like a random dude to meetings, Russias president at one point when Roman is about to make it big mistakens him for a waiter to a meeting lol

xintin

Bolo in as #2. I wonder if Steady Eddie still has a job then? Most reports yesterday made it sound as if he was staying on.

If they get rid of Eva i'm going to cry for days ;.;

He wears them constantly, lol

Reading his biography he actually kind of is. Ruthless and a huge cunt when it comes to business, but has some weird hatred for formal clothing and often just showing up looking like a random dude to meetings, Russias president at one point when Roman is about to make it big mistakens him for a waiter to a meeting lol

Sounds like an hilarious troll, lol

Sloosha

Bolo in as #2. I wonder if Steady Eddie still has a job then? Most reports yesterday made it sound as if he was staying on.

If they get rid of Eva i'm going to cry for days ;.;

God, I forgot about that. As long as Eva remains a constant I'm okay with our nutty Russian owner's other proclivities.

Top Bottom