• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

One of my school PE teachers played in that cup game against Arsenal in the mid 00s. This is him:

I hadn't moved down here in time for that! Only started supporting them a year or two after when I went to a Farnborough vs. Aldershot match and said whoever won I would support as they were both really near me. Boro won 5-0 :lol Aldershot are much better then us though.

TrueBlue

Considering Rafa has slagged off Chelsea fans in particular in the past, it isn't surprising that they do not like him.

In fact it's a normal reaction if anything.

This. I respect the guy, but I don't think many will like hin at all, with his diving dossiers and contempt of our fans.

Clegg

I know Aguero has started scoring again but imo his performances are nowhere near as good as last season's.

He also dived for that penalty.

Zabojnik

Marotta talking AGAIN on Juventus transfers.

This is code for we're getting Aquafresca.

How was the opera the other night, fade? Was this you?

fadeopera.png

faridmon

I know Aguero has started scoring again but imo his performances are nowhere near as good as last season's.

He also dived for that penalty.

You could say that none of those Man City players' performances this season match what they had last year. They are just as non-motivated to play football as Sunderland.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Also why do Blackburn want Friedel? Is Robinson injured?

I don't think Robbo is injured he's just not very good. Brad takes a shit on him, there's no point having him sit on our bench at his age when we have Cudicini (lol) and Gomes (looooool) still hanging around as well. Brad deserves to be playing he just doesn't deserve to do so at Lloris' expense. He knows Blackburn and could probably help them get back into the PL.

Bumhead

Banned
Todays loan deadline day has brought us Jeremy Helan from City and Sidibe from Stoke.

We are shit, Jones has lost the plot and I think we are going to get relegated.

Holy Shit at the Anime Thread. Guys, you need to check it out. Crazy comments from this guy....

Holy shit :lol

Novid said:
One, English is my native language.
Two, It wasnt irrelevant - I have the same feelings about the North American Industry as Hosana has for anime. And yes, the American Buisness is linked to anime ever since the day HANNA BARBERA asked a Japanese dude to draw the designs for the original Scooby Doo back in 69, ever since Rankin Bass has used Japanese animators and set piece directors for there christmas specials and the Thundercats etc do i need to go on?

Ok...Three. What Jewish conspiracies? You know how offensive that is to me that every fucking god damn thing I say in your and others eyes is considered that? IT WAS A FACT That Vince McMahan stated that the PG Rating in a confrence call to his shareholders was becoming a hinderance to the product. two days LATER, Saban and the new "Saturday Morning" Block, Vortexx stated they were going to do a WWE TV show on the CW. What happend? Still PG, stilll sucking the life out of the wrestling fan. Is that a conspiracy?

Or how about how Saban tried to screw Gene Simmons Over when they tried to have a Kiss animated series? And his overblown worry about the Passion of Christ when it came out? lets not forget Saban may have hired bigots conserning the Power Rangers in its first season who called one of the rangers the other f word.

Calling my major conserns about Saban a jewish conspiracy is a god damn sham and any of you should be ashamed - because one - my father and familes best friend is jewish, two his brother defended Paul Robson back during the 30's which Robson is a hero of mine. To call me a anti-semite is rude and inconsiderate.

And the last thing about Mandoric working in the industry? Ok, fine. I just got a message for his bosses.

I hope you racist, sexist, literate, supporter of pirates, union busting sons of bitches go down in flames. You bit the hand that fed your asses and now you must pay the price. You bastards should go plumb lines and sweep floors for a living. You cant run a business, and you folks dont know how to even speak to a audience so desperate for something better. Im sick of you folk who go to some video game folk who say "They know anime" when they cant even WRITE A ENDING FOR THEIR OWN VIDEO GAME! You and your companies are a god forsaken pus ridden stain on the rest of the entertainment business (Expecially Crunchyroll, how i wish and PRAY, that their CEO's go to jail like they did with Kim Dotcom).

Thats all the need to be said.

You don't even really need context. Fucking mental.

Arnie

Just had a heated argument with a Chelsea fan (who's coming out with us tonight, which should be a riot) who insists he doesn't want Benitez because it's him, and he then said how would I like it if SAF took over at Liverpool.

Pathetic. Chelsea versus Liverpool isn't a rivalry, and Benitez was always going to be critical of Chelsea when he's the opposition manager in a number of high intensity fixtures. Mourinho was critical of Liverpool, but would I scoff at him managing Liverpool? Would I fuck.

Sorry to those who're level headed about the Benitez appointment, but it sums up the difference between both clubs that the rhetoric during Rafa's opening press conference at Liverpool was how he'd fight for the fans, and the rhetoric from todays will be about how he plans to fight against them.

Time for the D1 Cup Final against Arsenal

Watching a Far Cry 3 video earlier got me wondering about this: Does anyone ever use temporary stat-boost items in games? I never use them

Why complain? Aquafresca is awesome, plus he has a funny name.

Aquafresca is awful. Do NOT want.

How was the opera the other night, fade? Was this you?

YES! Opera was pretty decent. Was L'Elisir d'Amore at Royal Opera House, and I was much higher and much further to one side haha. Cheap tickets. Need to spend that money where it's needed: alcohol and Juve jackets. Roberto Alagna was decent, but he's lost it a bit. Uncomfortable in the higher range, I think, especially compared to his earlier performances in the same role. And though I don't really like the 'bel canto' (prefer bel campo :p) I've grown to appreciate it more and more. Amborgio Maestri was awesome. And that's enough culture for one footy thread.

Who do you want Juve to sign, Yurt?

Is there a realistic target they could get?

Realistic target? Llorente as he gets closer and closer to being out of contract. Not in January, according to both his teammates and his coach but who knows? A lot will depend on whether or not we get out of the group stages. It'll be important for reminding 'top players' that we're a squad that can get far. Beating Chelsea helped in that regard.

Beyond that, yeah definitely Drogba but as Yurt said, he's a very short term solution, and for that reason I'd rather not have him.

Not many other players are apparently going to be available in January. Possibly someone out of favour, maybe Roque Santa Cruz or David Villa. I'd prefer the latter but neither I think is very likely. As far as Giuseppe Rossi is concerned, I can see us taking a gamble on him next year after we sign a top striker, but not before.

faridmon

Here is another comment from the guy earlier in the thread:

Im sorry if i had to repost this quote again, because calling me out saying im a media-poisoned poster is pot kettle black beyond anything i seen in this board. YOU DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND im not the dude you should even be messing with when im not the poster posting gifs and jpegs of TV SERIES from another country. HOW THE FUCK YOU COME OFF ON THAT SHIT FOR REAL? Sure, nobody understand the fuck im posting. Why do you think that is? Because if these posters were smart enough and used the SEARCH function on people or consepts they didnt KNOW existed then they would understand the premise of what im talking about. Im not a dude that spits out 15 second sound bites.

Trust me when i say this, and im not joking - the fact this board and this thread is some of the best conversational dealings with anime on the INTERNET - and the fact as an OUTSIDER to the genre - i truly respect many of you here - you sir are not one of them. Youre the one thats "Media Poisoned", because I know more about The North American business and how it interacted with anime than any of the posters here. And why you might ask is that the fuck important? Because it effected everything American Entertaiment has done since after 1998. It also a primer of how NOT TO DO BUISNESS with people of a another cuture. Its just as much of an education as to how to tie ones shoelaces or realizing the Expodential Funtions when it comes to Finance will fuck people over.

SO I DONT FUCKING GET WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH ME OR MY WORDS, because I stated it simple. Hosana was sold a lie when he was a teen just starting to like this genre from some Midwestern MBA type who needed to keep his job! What does BILL OF FALSE GOODS MEAN, Mandoric? I mean FOR REAL, Im in the same Place right now in my life as Hosana but im trying my damnest to keep it together. So Excuse me if im Immenselypissed at the notion that im anywhere NEAR media poisoned.

Yeah, he became nuts. I sort of liked him before as well. He had some good taste in Anime and Cartoons...

Nyx

My GF just texted me : ''I went to the hairdresser and it's now 20 centimeters shorter!''

I almost fear going home now. :D

What would happen if Chelsea get smashed at the weekend? Like 0-5/0-6. I kind of want to see what Roman would do but at the same time I don't think I can watch us lose that badly to City.

Also K1LLER7, what happened to your vita? I saw you looking for a new one in the Cheap Ass thread!

K1LLER7

What would happen if Chelsea get smashed at the weekend? Like 0-5/0-6. I kind of want to see what Roman would do but at the same time I don't think I can watch us lose that badly to City.

Also K1LLER7, what happened to your vita? I saw you looking for a new one in the Cheap Ass thread!
Getting one as a birthday gift for my Nephew :D

I'm still a #VitaBro ;)

Btw, any of you guys getting PlaystationASBR?

Sleepy

You all probably know this, but worldsoccershop.com has some good Pre-black Friday deals right now. City kits for $40.

Crossing my fingers for a good Arsenal/French National Soccer Team kit sale.

Oh, and late, but on topic: Did Benetiz get brought in to help Torres?

Top Bottom