• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

We are playing them in 2 weeks time. YUM!!!

rafa-benitez.jpg

Wes

venison crêpe
Tottenham fans injured in clashes in Rome

A Tottenham Hotspur supporter has been seriously injured and several hurt in clashes with rival fans in Rome.

Spurs are due to play Lazio in the Italian capital at 18:00 GMT in a Europa League match.

The Spurs fan was stabbed at the Drunken Ship bar in the Campo de' Fiori district and is understood to have suffered a serious injury to an artery.

The bar's owner said some 40 men wearing helmets and with faces covered attacked the English supporters.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Friedel to return to Blackburn now that Lloris has been made first choice? I don't know how Robbo is doing this season but I was surprised that he stayed on.

From said article:

When he was finally appointed ‘manager and first-team coach’, 25 days after landing club football’s greatest prize in Munich’s Allianz Arena, Di Matteo presented Roman Abramovich with a list of summer transfer targets.

Radamel Falcao, the free-scoring striker with 36 goals in 50 appearances for Atletico Madrid in his first season in Spain, was at the top of it.

But before Chelsea’s manager could even make a case for the Colombian striker he was cut short. Abramovich told him he already had a world-class finisher and the message was clear: Torres was to play. It was a message that was repeated on an almost daily basis.

loooooooooooooool

Chelsea fans can fuck off. That cunt outside the training ground is pretty much the shittest fan in the history of the game.

I hope Rafa does well in the league and cups, perhaps wins the League Cup, does fuck all to try and win the approval of the Chelsea fans and fucks off in the summer. No offense Kyle, Fady, PQ et al, but your cunt of a fanbase don't deserve shit
Considering Rafa has slagged off Chelsea fans in particular in the past, it isn't surprising that they do not like him.

In fact it's a normal reaction if anything.

Blablurn

im sure benitez will never come into the position of dropping torres cause he wont let him play anyway.

torres is the perfect bayern player. big name, some potential, his best years are gone / or is too lazy to use his skills.

PaulLFC

Just got a QI facts book for 20p on Kindle - the first football-related fact I found:

"In 1999 Darlington FC acquired 50,000 worms to help drain their waterlogged pitch. They all drowned."

My local club is in trouble again :/

Farnborough Football Club can today confirm that they are currently under a player transfer embargo due to a breach of Football Conference rules, namely failing to pay a football creditor.

This relates to an outstanding, final payment to a former manager.

The club has paid all previous due payments, but a cash flow issue has meant it not possible to service the final instalment at this present time.

This situation demonstrates the current position at the club and also underpins the fact that we remain working to the tightest of budgets until such time a new buyer or further investment can be found.

We only reformed 5 years ago after getting liquidated. This club is owned by our manager cause no one else will buy it :( Hopefully when Roman gets bored he can come buy us :lol

xintin

Benitez's contract has a 1yr extension option if the club chooses to exercise it in the summer. There's also the idea of keeping him on as Sporting Director if we look for another manager.

I guess that would be in Arnesen's old role? Emenalo certainly doesnt seem to fulfill all his former duties despite inheriting his position when he went to Hamburg.

Marotta talking AGAIN on Juventus transfers.

“The Champions League is also appealing for economic reasons,” the former Sampdoria official stated. “That is why it is important to progress.

“Signing a striker in January, putting our financial resources to one side, will also depend a lot of who is available at the time…”

The Turin giants have been paired with a possible move for Didier Drogba, the Ivorian international who is now playing his football in China with Shanghai Shenhua.

“I will exclude nothing,” Marotta said when asked about the former Chelsea striker.

This is code for we're getting Aquafresca.

Kyoufu

Rafa must be really desperate for money if he's willing to manage Chelsea for 6 months only.

Isn't he good enough to get a multi year contract at a decent club?

elseanio

Benitez's contract has a 1yr extension option if the club chooses to exercise it in the summer. There's also the idea of keeping him on as Sporting Director if we look for another manager.

I guess that would be in Arnesen's old role? Emenalo certainly doesnt seem to fulfill all his former duties despite inheriting his position when he went to Hamburg.

Didn't Liverpool offer him this role? Probably just silly rumours when Brendan took over

PaulLFC

Rafa must be really desperate for money if he's willing to manage Chelsea for 6 months only.
Doubt it - he needs a job, he's been out of work for a while now. It can't harm his reputation as a manager much from what I can see, by now everyone knows Chelsea's managers get sacked for management that would see them held in legendary status by most other clubs.

Kyoufu

Doubt it - he needs a job, he's been out of work for a while now. It can't harm his reputation as a manager much from what I can see, by now everyone knows Chelsea's managers get sacked for management that would see them held in legendary status by most other clubs.

If Di Matteo won us the FA Cup he'd get his own shrine outside St. James's. :lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
My local club is in trouble again :/

We only reformed 5 years ago after getting liquidated. This club is owned by our manager cause no one else will buy it :( Hopefully when Roman gets bored he can come buy us :lol

One of my school PE teachers played in that cup game against Arsenal in the mid 00s. This is him:

Top Bottom