• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

dc89

KX6xs.png

Why can't City be as good as my FM City?!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This referee is a fucking joke. We are getting fuck all and Lazio are getting everything.

Listen buddy, keep your fucking logic out of this.
What's the logic then?

Benitez said "Chelsea fans do not have passion". That is a direct quote, or it might have been "Chelsea fans lack passion". Same thing.

Just because we might think he is right and Chelsea have shit fans - that doesn't mean Chelsea fans shouldn't think he is a dick for saying it.

I don't think Chelsea fans are doing themselves or their clubs any favour by turning against him already and I think he is a good manager, but, after he has said that - are you actually truly and genuinely surprised that they do not like him?

How would you feel if somebody said Barcelona fans are rubbish and then became manager?

Benitez does not need to speak favourably about Chelsea when he isn't manager of Chelsea, of course not. But Chelsea fans don't have to like him either. He said they're shit fans. They are not going to be happy. It's pretty simple.

Clegg

I usually have have two careers on FM. A proper one and a save where I've messed around with the editor.

I have Neymar, Gotze, and Aguero playing behind Rooney. Haven't scored less than five goals a match.

Kyoufu

#NUFC (4-2-3-1) v Maritimo: Krul; Simpson, S.Taylor, Coloccini (c), Santon; Anita, Bigirimana; Sammy Ameobi, Ben Arfa, Marveaux; Cisse.

Ben Arfa is going to roll Maritimo up and SMOKE THEM.

FuturusX

What's the logic then?

Benitez said "Chelsea fans do not have passion". That is a direct quote, or it might have been "Chelsea fans lack passion". Same thing.

Just because we might think he is right and Chelsea have shit fans - that doesn't mean Chelsea fans shouldn't think he is a dick for saying it.

I don't think Chelsea fans are doing themselves or their clubs any favour by turning against him already and I think he is a good manager, but, after he has said that - are you actually truly and genuinely surprised that they do not like him?

How would you feel if somebody said Barcelona fans are rubbish and then became manager?

Benitez does not need to speak favourably about Chelsea when he isn't manager of Chelsea, of course not. But Chelsea fans don't have to like him either. He said they're shit fans. They are not going to be happy. It's pretty simple.

They will shut the fuck up fast if he gets them winning...fans are quite fickle.

Fady K

What's the logic then?

Whatever any club thinks of any manager, if he was to win them stuff that would (that SHOULD) shut them up. I think a lot of Chelsea fans have a right to be bitter about him coming in, based on the stuff he said about the club, but surely the same set of fans will support him if he organizes the team and wins a decent amount of games.

They will shut the fuck up fast if he gets them winning...fans are quite fickle.

Exactly. Hell - even I would welcome Sir Alex with open arms if he won us games. Sir Alex .

For sure.

Just as quickly as Liverpool fans would turn on Benitez if he came out with some shit like "Chelsea fans are as good as Liverpool fans" before they play each each.

Definitely wouldn't be dismissed as just something football managers say then.

Zabojnik

#NUFC (4-2-3-1) v Maritimo: Krul; Simpson, S.Taylor, Coloccini (c), Santon; Anita, Bigirimana; Sammy Ameobi, Ben Arfa, Marveaux; Cisse.

Ben Arfa is going to roll Maritimo up and SMOKE THEM.

Do you reckon a big(ger) club will to try to snatch Ben Arfa next year?

bud23

Because Mancini isn't the manager?

Too easy bro

That´s true, it´s a shame to see how the City is wasting another season in the Champions.

Everything is Mancini fault imo ;Aguero, Tevez, Silva, Ballotelli, Yaya,Hart, Kompany...
How on earth this team didn´t win a fucking match? You already know the answer.

mancini_17_original_278861376.jpg

FuturusX

For sure.

Just as quickly as Liverpool fans would turn on Benitez if he came out with some shit like "Chelsea fans are as good as Liverpool fans" before they play each each.

Definitely wouldn't be dismissed as just something football managers say then.

People say a lot of things...I understand the Chelsea fans reaction to something like that. But he was elevating Liverpoool fans in his comments rather than just directly calling out the Chelsea fans. Not the best way to show his love for clearly the best fans in football :) But you can see what he was trying to do.

Anyway, water under the bridge...winning and playing attractive football is all they should care about right? Judge him by those merits...I say.

dc89

Am I late in posting this?!

http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/22/3...ob-with-pro-football-team-off-the-back-of-his

A 21 year old student from Sweden has landed the role of reserve team manager of Azerbaijan's Football Club Baku's 'A' team' all thanks to his experience with the video game Football Manager, Yahoo reports.

Vugar Huseynzade has no real-world experience managing football teams and has only ever managed virtual teams in the football player management sim, Football Manager, which he has been playing since 2002. The student landed the job at one of Azerbaijan's top football clubs, reportedly beating off big names like Jean-Pierre Papin.

Huzeynzade worked at the club as an assistant until the recent departure of the incumbent manager, Kamran Ismayilov. Huzeynzade was then promoted to take charge of the club's 'A' team, reportedly based on his experience with Football Manager.

Fry

Reina, Wisdom, Downing, Carragher, Skrtel, Suso, Sahin, Henderson, Assaidi, Cole, Shelvey

I have two fucking tests today. Only able to watch the first half.

Anyone wanna text me the final result?

Over on the Chelsea forum I infrequently visit they're starting to come round to him already. Quite hilarious. He comes out in a presser, drops a few buzzwords, and now a large portion of the complainers can't get enough Rafa.

This amuses some, who feel superior, because they've had the good sense to continue to hate him since they heard of his appointment.

Football fans are unreal.

As I said in my post over there. RDM is out and there's nothing we as fans can do about it. Truth is, he probably wasn't good enough in the first place. Some luck and top players can do that. He was a classy bloke and club legend, but it is what it is. If Rafa steps up and produces the goods, all the complainers will quickly be silenced and they days of hatred will be a distant memory. In Rafa we have a great coach (my opinion of course). And disliking him because of something he said at the time of being a rival clubs manager is pointless.

Over on the Chelsea forum I infrequently visit they're starting to come round to him already. Quite hilarious. He comes out in a presser, drops a few buzzwords, and now a large portion of the complainers can't get enough Rafa.

This amuses some, who feel superior, because they've had the good sense to continue to hate him since they heard of his appointment.

Football fans are unreal.

As I said in my post over there. RDM is out and there's nothing we as fans can do about it. Truth is, he probably wasn't good enough in the first place. Some luck and top players can do that. He was a classy bloke and club legend, but it is what it is. If Rafa steps up and produces the goods, all the complainers will quickly be silenced and they days of hatred will be a distant memory. In Rafa we have a great coach (my opinion of course). And disliking him because of something he said the time of being a rival clubs manager is pointless.
Benitez is definitely a better manager than RDM and it's not like sacking the incumbent manager out of the blue is breaking with tradition, so really, Chelsea have just upgraded.

FuturusX

To be honest Rafa needs this. He wanted the Liverpool job back and that clearly was never seriously on the table. His legacy was tainted in the Hicks / Gillette war...and the Inter debacle. He's taking this job to rebuild his reputation. A manager always has something to prove...which is why as long as Roman keeps firing them they will keep lining up....

Top Bottom