• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Messi

On Barça I hate:

Valdés

tumblr_mdlbcuvskn1risf9mo1_500.gif

Lightning

Banned
Forgot about Ljungberg :lol yeah he was awesome, so was Gilberto Silva :D

And I loved Adams, but he didn't play in the Invincibles team ;), Fabregas only came into the team a year or so after, I believe.
Oh, I was taking into account that era, not just the 1 season unbeaten. If it's just the invincibles season then yeah Fabregas and Adams wouldn't count but for me it's that era which they do count.

Remember that Arsenal left back crisis where they were forced to play Cygan and then Flamini there. That was hilarious. And then Flamini actually went on to become a decent midfielder next to Fabregas.

Wes

venison crêpe
If you were given a ticket to a game in the same league as your club this month (so based on form), but your team wasn't playing, what match would you want to see?

Right now I'd like to see a Swansea v West Brom match I think.

Remember that Arsenal left back crisis where they were forced to play Cygan and then Flamini there. That was hilarious. And then Flamini actually went on to become a decent midfielder next to Fabregas.

We should have won the league that year (2008). We were the best side in the league, and we actually passed sides off their own pitch (United and Liverpool are memories)

AndresON777

shooting blanks
On Zenit, I hate:

Kerzhakov
Fayzulin

and Hulk is climbing up the list fast.

LOL I thought you hated Bruno Alves? Hulk is shit without that Porto midfield. You should've bought James for half the price!

But back to Bruno I thought he was going to literally break one of those midgets on Malaga in that champions league match.

Messi said:

pulga?

Wilbur

Banned
We should have won the league that year (2008). We were the best side in the league, and we actually passed sides off their own pitch (United and Liverpool are memories)

That was a good year :') PL and CL double. 87 points, Avram on 85 and Arsenal on 83. I remember us winning 2-1 at home, think Hargreaves scored, but I can't remember the score away.

GolazoDan

Catching up on PAGES. I've been a member of the David de Gea defence force for some time just because of that first 6 months or so where everyone seemed to assume he was a dodgy keeper. Made a few mistakes, cost us a few points, earned us a few points too. Goalkeepers are weird, dudes. Plus he had a rad beard and listens to heavy metal.

Rafael (+ Fabio!), Anderson, Chicharito, Welbeck, Cleverley, Evans, Kagawa, all great, respectable men. Also the occasionally-seen Alexander Buttner because he looks and plays like a madman.

Wilbur

Banned
Catching up on PAGES. I've been a member of the David de Gea defence force for some time just because of that first 6 months or so where everyone seemed to assume he was a dodgy keeper. Made a few mistakes, cost us a few points, earned us a few points too. Goalkeepers are weird, dudes. Plus he had a rad beard and listens to heavy metal.

Rafael (+ Fabio!), Anderson, Chicharito, Welbeck, Cleverley, Evans, Kagawa, all great, respectable men. Also the occasionally-seen Alexander Buttner because he looks and plays like a madman.

Thought who the fuck is this for a second and then just realised you'd changed avatar :lol

Never gonna love Evans. He's solid now but his first few years shocked me to my very core. Buttner though, cult hero in the making... if he can get a fucking game.

Ashley has to go.

We'll never get anywhere with him. It's a shame you Geordies don't get off your asses and fucking protest. Drive that fucker out of Newcastle ffs!

It's a tough one, he's done plenty of crazy shit but let's not lie to ourselves here, the past couple of years have been great. It's easy to ignore the positive stuff (mostly financially) that he's achieved.

Saying that though, I put the blame almost solely on him for not re-inforcing the squad over the summer. Our squad was thin for the league alone, but to finish 5th, get into Europe and not sign players has proven to be a disastrous move. Pardew more than likely has a strong relationship with him (8 year deal wut?), and I'm sure he recognizes we need to spend a lot of money in January or we'll fall off the map so hopefully he'll be able to convince him to stick his fat hand in his fat pockets.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

tumblr_m5wy4d8mB41rwc3uvo1_r1_1280.jpg

K1LLER7

Where did Buttner disappear to? Last I heard of him was his wonder goal a while back. That's about it.

He was taught a lesson by Victor Moses in the carling cup game at Chelsea and was subbed at half-time. Clearly not ready for the PL yet. Could be a good player though.

at United, only players I like would be Kagawa, Ando, Rafa, De gea and Nani
(when he's not acting like a cunt but more like he is in those Rio tour diary videos)

Carbonox

It's a tough one, he's done plenty of crazy shit but let's not lie to ourselves here, the past couple of years have been great. It's easy to ignore the positive stuff (mostly financially) that he's achieved.

Saying that though, I put the blame almost solely on him for not re-inforcing the squad over the summer. Our squad was thin for the league alone, but to finish 5th, get into Europe and not sign players has proven to be a disastrous move. Pardew more than likely has a strong relationship with him (8 year deal wut?), and I'm sure he recognizes we need to spend a lot of money in January or we'll fall off the map.

Pardew doesn't realise the primary problem with the team - formation and team selection.

Ignore our depth for a second, how sexy were we when we were playing 4-3-3 and shafting Ba on the wing? Our playing style was the best I've seen from the club in forever. Cisse was the primary man and he relished it.

Then came the bitching from Ba and Pardew buckling in order to shove him up front with Cisse. Then look what happened and is continuing to happen. This happened last season in one or two games too until Pardew quickly went back to a lone striker.

I reckon Pardew's probably sticking to the 2 up front because he knows he will lose one of them otherwise. It's an inevitability. Sacrificing the team's play because of this though is just downright wrong.

rodvik

If you were given a ticket to a game in the same league as your club this month (so based on form), but your team wasn't playing, what match would you want to see?

Your pick is good. I would probably go Everton/Arsenal for class football. But Sunderland/QPR for intensity, that could be a cracker game.

K1LLER7

He played against Chelsea and Galatasaray if I'm not mistaken; not really going to depose Evra. Don't know if its a good thing, he seems even worse at defending than Pattycake.

Evra's improved this season imo. Not back to his best but he's not been all that bad. scored a few crucial goals here and there too.

Wilbur

Banned
Evra's improved this season imo. Not back to his best but he's not been all that bad. scored a few crucial goals here and there too.

Yeah, this is true. He stays nearer his box now, its a beautiful thing to see.

Gotta be up in less than 5 hours for Shakespeare shit, oh joy. My sleeping patterns are borked to fuck.

K1LLER7

Yeah, this is true. He stays nearer his box now, its a beautiful thing to see.

Gotta be up in less than 5 hours for Shakespeare shit, oh joy. My sleeping patterns are borked to fuck.

day off tomorrow, going to go do some job searching :(

btw good luck on your assignments :)

Wilbur

Banned
day off tomorrow, going to go do some job searching :(

btw good luck on your assignments :)

Thanks! Finished one last night that isn't in for two weeks, boom. Need to start revising though or I'm gonna flop the Shakespeare exam.

No luck on the job front? I can't believe your uni would do that, its mental. I'd sue them or some shit

Lightning

Banned

Arsenal vs. Everton would be the best game but I'm not allowed that one. Tottenham vs. Liverpool would be the next one I would go to.

Because Newcastle blow balls Aston Villa are back in the relegation spots. Who do Villa play this week?

K1LLER7

Thanks! Finished one last night that isn't in for two weeks, boom. Need to start revising though or I'm gonna flop the Shakespeare exam.

No luck on the job front? I can't believe your uni would do that, its mental. I'd sue them or some shit

:lol

Nothing turning up on the job front. Handed a few CVs out/online. There's quite a few people who can't find a job, I'll try and get an extension so that I at least have a deadline that runs into christmas.

Wilbur

Banned
:lol

Nothing turning up on the job front. Handed a few CVs out/online. There's quite a few people who can't find a job, I'll try and get an extension so that I at least have a deadline that runs into christmas.

Yeah, I'd do that. I can't find a job anywhere but at worst I just sponge off my parents a little and pay them back when I can, its fucked you'll fail the module.

Meier

Which is more embarrassing? City crashing out of the UCL a second season in a row or Madrid having 3 losses at this point in the year as opposed to 2 over all of last season?

K1LLER7

Yeah, I'd do that. I can't find a job anywhere but at worst I just sponge off my parents a little and pay them back when I can, its fucked you'll fail the module.

i'll have to see how it goes. Hopefully we both get what we want :)

I couldn't stand doing Shakespeare back in school. Our teacher made us watch Romeo and Juilet about 7 times.

MPW

Which is more embarrassing? City crashing out of the UCL a second season in a row or Madrid having 3 losses at this point in the year as opposed to 2 over all of last season?

man city crashing out after all the money they spent in the summer

Wilbur

Banned
i'll have to see how it goes. Hopefully we both get what we want :)

I couldn't stand doing Shakespeare back in school. Our teacher made us watch Romeo and Juilet about 7 times.

Romeo + Juliet? Yeah, fuck it. Fuck Baz Luhrmann.

I don't mind Shakespeare to be honest; don't like everything he's done but a few of his plays are masterpieces. King Lear's one of my favourite pieces of work in any medium ever.

Congrats to Tijuana fans (do we have any?)! I hope they become champions.

I wanted Leon to win, because they were playing nice attacking football with mediocre and castoff players. And they just came from the 2nd division as well. I have no quarrel with Xolos winning it all, but i hate how both teams that made it to the final play boring counterattacking football. I expect the most boring final in the last ten years, but it won't feel as bad as when Tuca Ferreti won by parking the bus with Tigres a year ago. Also, Xolos did deserve to reach the finals, but chiquimarco was doing a shitty job by giving every call to the home team.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Played some seasons last night with Dortmund. Was really good that is what I need to be playing.

Awesome Animals made me hate ultimate team, lol

Top Bottom