• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

That wouldn't suprise me. Sounds exactly like something Redknapp would do.

Be brave Bale. Who are your picks to go down this early?

I'd say QPR (Harry will fail), Reading (Also can't defend) and Southampton (Cant defend)

Reading, Southampton and Wigan. I think the dream ends this year for Roberto Martinez.

I think Harry is going to try and do a few loan deals. QPR spent a lot of money in the summer. They brought in 12 players right? I am not sure he can spend more. Hence why I think they are as good as dead. Perhaps he can offload a few to bring in a few. Either way the should let Hughes go a month ago.

They will definitely spend. Don't believe what Harry says. And apparently it's a myth that QPR spent huge sums last summer. Only £9m or something like that.

Lightning

Banned
Is there any reason why Villa wont invest money in the squad without Lambert needing to sell first?

Aside from Bent who Lambert clearly doesn't want at the club.

Reading, Southampton and Wigan. I think the dream ends this year for Roberto Martinez.
If QPR spend then Wigan going down is a definite possibility.

rodvik

Is there any reason why Villa wont invest money in the squad without Lambert needing to sell first?

Lerner will. We spent 22 million this summer and lambert has already said he didnt spend all of his budget. I would expect at least another 15 million in January with or without a Bent sale.

FuturusX

Not too sure on Villa's money situation...but relegation is the disaster one has to avoid. Better to over extend to stay up than be frugal and succumb. Then again if you spend the money you don't have, and still go down, better get the bottle of scotch and shotgun ready....

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Not too sure on the Villa's money situation...but relegation is the disaster one has to avoid. Better to over extend to stay up than be frugal and succumb. Then again if you spend the money you don't have, and still go down, better get the bottle of scotch and shotgun ready....

QPR? lol

Who owns QPR btw?

pulga said:
Walking Dead, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire and Dexter will help me numb the pain from this weekend :( FOOOORZAAAA

attachment.php

rodvik

I problem is that they've already got a decent amount of points and that Big Sam always manages to keep his side up. They'll need to go on a really bad run.

True but Bent thrives on Big Sam like tactics. maybe he has given up on getting..or wanting carroll permanently by the end of the season?

FuturusX

Things aren't getting any easier either. Falcao and Arda are going to tear your shitty defense a new one on Saturday :)
I very much look forward to that game...I also think Barcelona could struggle against Athletico. So perhaps another Madrid will take the fight to Barca...

Timurid

Things aren't getting any easier either. Falcao and Arda are going to tear your shitty defense a new one on Saturday :)

then Falcao will go to Real that will start the massive influx of columbian players to the Mighty Merengues. Then we can all start laughing at them when they get demoted to Segunda.

12 hours until Zenit's last chance to salvage this season. Home game against league leaders CSKA. Likely going to get shamed by Dzagoev and co.

feels+_08cbef2b4f7372bb51637d89ee558f63.jpg

GorillaJu

With their performance against Levante it does appear that Barça is slowly recovering from their defensive frailties, though it could definitely just be the re-inclusion of Puyol.

They did concede that penalty, but that was never a pen IMO.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I very much look forward to that game...I also think Barcelona could struggle against Athletico. So perhaps another Madrid will take the fight to Barca...

Yep, we barely beat them on the 2nd leg last season. Falcao scored an awesome goal too. As crazy as it sounds I'd be ok with Atletico winning la liga. Maybe they'll finally get rid of Valdes :D

then Falcao will go to Real that will start the massive influx of columbian players to the Mighty Merengues. Then we can all start laughing at them when they get demoted to Segunda.

iT35k1GNvWUb0.gif

Too bad Torino will never play in the champions league :)

tumblr_maa61gB5Fu1rp25c7o1_250.gif

That match will be glorious. But Real will still win.

It's at the Bernabeu so I'm hoping for a draw at least. I believe we play Atletico the following week :/

Radamel looked pretty good from what I saw today but teams are just putting lke 2 guys on him now. Also why Arda is scoring more imo. Freaking Adrian has regressed smh

GorillaJu

Turan is good. The fact that Liverpool turned him away so many times made me believe that he was probably overhyped but he's been very good for Atletico this year.

K1LLER7

Barca need to keep Pique and Puyol fit, especially for the CL.

If Barca play Dortmund in the CL, I think Dortmund would win. Barca have trouble against fast counter attacking teams and both City/Madrid had trouble against them, especially on the counter. Wouldn't be suprised to see them win it or get to the finals.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Barca need to keep Pique and Puyol fit, especially for the CL.

If Barca play Dortmund in the CL, I think Dortmund would win. Barca have trouble against fast counter attacking teams and both City/Madrid had trouble against them, especially on the counter. Wouldn't be suprised to see them win it or get to the finals.

Yep. Terrified of that team it is probably the worst match up I can imagine. Juve would be tough too but they have no strikers and we will score goals.

Lightning

Banned
I keep hearing that Redknapp and Levy didn't get along. Does anyone know anything about this? Or is there somewhere there is an article I could read up on it? What actually happened to cause him to be fired.

K1LLER7

Yep. Terrified of that team it is probably the worst match up I can imagine. Juve would be tough too but they have no strikers and we will score goals.

Juve would be pretty good defensively, but they need a finisher up front. Most teams only have set-pieces or counters as there main option to score against Barca, unless teams decide to press high but thats risky. Madrid rely mainly on Di Maria, Benzema and Ronaldo whenever atticking against Barca and its worked recently. Even when Arsenal played against Barca a couple years back at the emirates, they would get the ball to Walcott on the counter and Barca couldn't deal with his pace.

pulga

Banned
LOL I thought you hated Bruno Alves? Hulk is shit without that Porto midfield. You should've bought James for half the price!

But back to Bruno I thought he was going to literally break one of those midgets on Malaga in that champions league match.

pulga?

The fuck did I have to do with that hairy thing?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Juve would be pretty good defensively, but they need a finisher up front. Most teams only have set-pieces or counters as there main option to score against Barca, unless teams decide to press high but thats risky. Madrid rely mainly on Di Maria, Benzema and Ronaldo whenever atticking against Barca and its worked recently. Even when Arsenal played against Barca a couple years back at the emirates, they would get the ball to Walcott on the counter and Barca couldn't deal with his pace.

Ozil is always good against us too. Those assists to Ronaldo ugh. We have Jordi Alba now so that helps. Rumour is that Abidal will be back by January or so and that will be like signing a new defender. Not having Abi killed us last season against chelsea/real

the worst possible match up for us is Celtic.

lol c'mon son

The fuck did I have to do with that hairy thing?

iY0OY2RNqFzbv.gif

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I know that is true but Dortmund's attackers have ridiculous pace. Gotze, Reus, Lewandoski, Gundogan etc are fast as fuck.

I bet Hummels will come up for set pieces too and they're German so I'm thinking tall dudes

K1LLER7

Ozil is always good against us too. Those assists to Ronaldo ugh. We have Jordi Alba now so that helps. Rumour is that Abidal will be back by January or so and that will be like signing a new defender. Not having Abi killed us last season against chelsea/real

yeah forgot about Ozil, my favourite Madrid player. Suprised he didn't play against City, Modric hasn't been all that since his move.

Will be good to see Abidal back.

FootballFan

Which is more embarrassing? City crashing out of the UCL a second season in a row or Madrid having 3 losses at this point in the year as opposed to 2 over all of last season?

Real Madrid are always embarrassing, win or lose.

Atletico winning the derby would be amazing.

Really doubt it... Atletico always bend over for Madrid.

In the last 20 matches since 2002 when Atletico came into La Liga, their record against Madrid:

0 wins, 5 draws, 15 losses.

:lol the last draw was in mid 2008.

elsk

Banned
Why do you think that Dortmund has trashed Bayern 5 of 6 times? Bayern is possession based football, Dortmunds are the masters of counter attacking.

But Barcelona has Messi and Iniesta.

FuturusX

Why do you think that Dortmund has trashed Bayern 5 of 6 times? Bayern is possession based football, Dortmunds are the masters of counter attacking.

Messi and Iniesta...go a long way. I want to see Pep manage a team without Messi and Iniesta...they are the best 'Get out of jail free cards' in football..I have faith in Pep...but it will be interesting.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

lol and we don't have this pecho frio:
ibe2eBwkp2ll07.png

I just wish it was Iniesta taking the pk's and not Messi.

MPW

Messi and Iniesta...go a long way. I want to see Pep manage a team without Messi and Iniesta...they are the best 'Get out of jail free cards' in football..I have faith in Pep...but it will be interesting.

don't forget xavi

i too would love to see pep coach a side like porto and win the CL, you know, like mourinho!

574624_451578911567696_1856729192_n.png

elsk

Banned
Müller actually was interviewed about the Messi thing last season, and he said that he would be the first one to congratulate Messi if he scores the 68 goals.

"No se puede parar el tiempo. Los récords están para ser batidos, no para ser eternos. Y a mí no me parece mal en absoluto que sea Messi quien me arrebate mi récord, es un honor", "Si Messi consigue marcar 68 goles, yo seré de los primeros en felicitarle porque habrá merecido llegar a esa cota", añadió.

"You can't stop time. Records are made to be broken, not to be eternal. And I do not feel bad at all if Messi is who snatch my record, it would be an honor."

"If Messi achieves to score 68 goals, I will be the first to congratulate him".

Pelé is a cunt.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
don't forget xavi

i too would love to see pep coach a side like porto and win the CL, you know, like mourinho!

574624_451578911567696_1856729192_n.png

the world cup is a tournament of 7 games and a lot of luck involved, Messi not winning one in his career would be something critics will use against but to me it doesn't really matter much.

I think his consistency day in day out tells me more of how good he is than a tournament of 7 games.

People kind of overrating Dortmund a bit, the best counterattacking team in the world is still Real Madrid.

Timurid

the world cup is a tournament of 7 games and a lot of luck involved, Messi not winning one in his career would be something critics will use against but to me it doesn't really matter much.

I think his consistency day in day out tells me more of how good he is than a tournament of 7 games.

People kind of overrating Dortmund a bit, the best counterattacking team in the world is still Real Madrid.

Didn't Dortmund beat Real madrid?

Top Bottom