• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I wanted Leon to win, because they were playing nice attacking football with mediocre and castoff players. And they just came from the 2nd division as well. I have no quarrel with Xolos winning it all, but i hate how both teams that made it to the final play boring counterattacking football. I expect the most boring final in the last ten years, but it won't feel as bad as when Tuca Ferreti won by parking the bus with Tigres a year ago. Also, Xolos did deserve to reach the finals, but chiquimarco was doing a shitty job by giving every call to the home team.
I only want Xolos to win so that Toluca doesn't tie Chivas in league trophies. :|
How bad was Aquivaldo in that semi? lolololololol
Aquivaldo gonna Aquivaldo. Worse were León's Colombian players tonight though.

K1LLER7

Romeo + Juliet? Yeah, fuck it. Fuck Baz Luhrmann.

I don't mind Shakespeare to be honest; don't like everything he's done but a few of his plays are masterpieces. King Lear's one of my favourite pieces of work in any medium ever.
Montague, Capulets, Mercutio, Tybalt. Those fuckers be crazy.

City done worse. They bought Rodwell and they still couldn't get through the group stages :p

Wes

venison crêpe
Arsenal vs. Everton would be the best game but I'm not allowed that one. Tottenham vs. Liverpool would be the next one I would go to.

Because Newcastle blow balls Aston Villa are back in the relegation spots. Who do Villa play this week?

Reading on Tuesday.

I only want Xolos to win so that Toluca doesn't tie Chivas in league trophies. :|

Aquivaldo gonna Aquivaldo. Worse were León's Colombian players tonight though.

I don't hate Chivas. I don't care if most of their championships were in the 60's, but as long as they keep having Vergara as their owner, and having the media hype mediocre players as great, they'll be stuck in mediocrity like they have for the last couple of years. So you better get used to the idea of other teams catching up and getting over them in number of league trophies.

Lightning

Banned
Reading on Tuesday.
Ohhhhh great chance to pick up a win. Reading in decent form but defensively suspect so if you guys bring your scoring shoes you can net a few. Decent attacking side so better be organised at the back.

anelka could have went down as one of the of the best strikers of all time if he was more focused and had better attitude
Yeah. One of Wenger's transfer success stories but I always felt he left us too soon. If he pulled his head in and got along with those around him he would have gone down as a legend at any club he played for but instead was moved on soo many times because he was a tosser off the field.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I hope all the columbian players go to Real Madrid!

Vete a

6243_506408549378327_333071848_n.jpg

Turco malparido

Meier

Net spend of Man City - around £32m

Net spend of Real Madrid - around £33m

Not to mention Nastasic looks like he's going to be a starter for years to come. I'm still absolutely amazed Roberto placed him over Lescott in the Starting XI so quickly. It feels like a move that would only be done in Football Manager.

MPW

just watched robinho's pk vs juventus

man, buffon should have saved that

kappa-96-97-juventus-home-l-s-shirt--sony-sponsor.gif

my fav juve jersey, do u have this in your collection Messi?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
One of my favorirte games that. The goal by RVP was godly but poor from Valdes to be beaten like that.

Christ don't remind me about that fraud. He'll do something stupid in Champions League and we'll lose to some counter attacking team, ugh

At least looks like we'll win la liga

rodvik

Ohhhhh great chance to pick up a win. Reading in decent form but defensively suspect so if you guys bring your scoring shoes you can net a few. Decent attacking side so better be organised at the back.

Honestly if we cant smash Reading at home then we are going to plummet in confidence. I really want us out of this relegation fight but unfortunately if history is any guide the ones down in it now will be in it towards the end of the season as well.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I don't hate Chivas. I don't care if most of their championships were in the 60's, but as long as they keep having Vergara as their owner, and having the media hype mediocre players as great, they'll be stuck in mediocrity like they have for the last couple of years. So you better get used to the idea of other teams catching up and getting over them in number of league trophies.
Thankfully the rest of the teams are mediocre enough for me to bask on our mediocrity.

So how did West Ham look against Spurs ?

:lol at their upcoming list

United
Chelsea
Liverpool
WBA
Everton
Arsenal

We battered them for most of the game. I really hope they go back down. As a team they don't really bring anything positive to the league.

Unrelated, and I can't remember who it was, but someone sports related tweeted this song by some Manc band the other day. Listened to it just now and it's pretty good.

http://vimeo.com/52973072#

There is a famous story of how several years ago during a lunch, Wenger revealed his most prized asset. It wasn't' Fabregas, or RVP, or Nasri or Wilshere but rather Abou Diaby. It's fair to say were Wenger not the Arsenal manager, Diaby's career at the top of the game would have ended by now.

He has had consecutive long-term injuries and is rarely fit, and when he is, doesn't manage to demonstrate his potential. He did against Liverpool earlier this season in what was arguably one of the best individual performances you'll see of a player for a long while. But he has only played just nine league games in two seasons.

Wenger had this to say about him recently:

The situation for Diaby is so frustrating and for us as well we started the season well with him in the team and since he has been out we have felt it. I can tell you he has been everywhere in the world to be assessed. There is an explanation. He is quick, strong, has good stamina, good resistance to repeat, but his muscle strength is not good enough to deal with that. Sometimes little fibres go in his muscles, this is basically his problem. When you play every three days, you cannot rebuild your strength as you need to recover. When you don't rebuild your strength, through the games you burn your fibres a bit and become weaker and weaker, so that means he gets injured. The second reason for his problems of course is his ankle. Since he was slaughtered at Sunderland, his mobility in his ankle has been affected.

His career is finished in my honest opinion.

Lightning

Banned
Honestly if we cant smash Reading at home then we are going to plummet in confidence. I really want us out of this relegation fight but unfortunately if history is any guide the ones down in it now will be in it towards the end of the season as well.
I think you'll do fine. By the end of the season I honestly expect Villa to be mid table. I feel that Reading, Southampton, QPR are all looking a lot worse. Sunderland and co are also not looking too flash so finishing above these teams is certainly possible.

Especially if you's can offload Bent and bring in replacements who Lambert actually wants.

There is a famous story of how several years ago during a lunch, Wenger revealed his most prized asset. It wasn't' Fabregas, or RVP, or Nasri or Wilshere but rather Abou Diaby. It's fair to say were Wenger not the Arsenal manager, Diaby's career at the top of the game would have ended by now.

He has had consecutive long-term injuries and is rarely fit, and when he is, doesn't manage to demonstrate his potential. He did against Liverpool earlier this season in what was arguably one of the best individual performances you'll see of a player for a long while. But he has only played just nine league games in two seasons.

Wenger had this to say about him recently:

The situation for Diaby is so frustrating and for us as well we started the season well with him in the team and since he has been out we have felt it. I can tell you he has been everywhere in the world to be assessed. There is an explanation. He is quick, strong, has good stamina, good resistance to repeat, but his muscle strength is not good enough to deal with that. Sometimes little fibres go in his muscles, this is basically his problem. When you play every three days, you cannot rebuild your strength as you need to recover. When you don't rebuild your strength, through the games you burn your fibres a bit and become weaker and weaker, so that means he gets injured. The second reason for his problems of course is his ankle. Since he was slaughtered at Sunderland, his mobility in his ankle has been affected.

His career is finished in my honest opinion.
He should be been sold to a less demanding league in the summer and a replacement brought in. Even letting him go for free now would be plausiable to free up wages.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah, if Villa can get £10-12 million for Bent off QPR or someone its good business.

My worry would be that Lambert's confidence (or arrogance) that young players will do the job might be a little ill-placed. He can get away with it in League One, but - and its not a disservice to the Villa lads, they've acquitted themselves well so far - the Premier League will be fucking hard on them. If they stay up this season, then next is where it pays off. He's taking a risk, is Lambert.

Wilbur

Banned
Reading are definitely going down. There's two places between Villa, Southampton, Wigan, Sunderland, QPR and Norwich for me. If I had to guess, Southampton and Villa would be my picks for now.

Messi

Rod Stewart paid us to lose. I aint even mad.

Yep, that shit was amazing. Just started episode 3.

lol like 3 weeks ago

For me 3 was the best episode. I felt like shit after it but it was amazing.

Walking Dead is easily my Game of the Year. Unless Far Cry 3 is really special. But I don't see it beating Walking Dead.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
For me 3 was the best episode. I felt like shit after it but it was amazing.

Walking Dead is easily my Game of the Year. Unless Far Cry 3 is really special. But I don't see it beating Walking Dead.

I loved Far Cry 2 even though it was way too long. I think I was on the last mission when I rage quit lol.

Any of you guys play left 4 dead 2 (360 lol)? Got it for like 10 bucks on friday, it's rad.

rodvik

Who's going to go for Darren Bent in the January transfer window?

I'm pretty sure Villa are looking to sell.

Although he is fit, lambert has not played him. So either lambert is just a man who refuses to play someone if they are not training hard (speculation on my part) or we are closing a deal to sell him in January so he isnt played to avoid injury. My guess would be Liverpool. Now the racism thing has blown over Bent might be up for it.

If he does go I would be very grateful to him, he kept us up one season and has been consistently Bent. Will do sod all except convert chances into goals which he does very very well.

Yeah, if Villa can get £10-12 million for Bent off QPR or someone its good business.

My worry would be that Lambert's confidence (or arrogance) that young players will do the job might be a little ill-placed. He can get away with it in League One, but - and its not a disservice to the Villa lads, they've acquitted themselves well so far - the Premier League will be fucking hard on them. If they stay up this season, then next is where it pays off. He's taking a risk, is Lambert.

I agree about Lambert. I admire his principles and IF we can survive we will be in good shape. But he is rolling the dice this season and if we go down we can kiss goodbye to our best players who will want out immediately.

rodvik

Bent missed a sitter...and Harry suggested his wife could have done better. So yeah I think the did not see eye to eye after that.

Indeed. I would be surprised if Bent went to Harry. It could be we had a deal with QPR in the works but with Sparky out and Harry coming in it has just fell apart?

Wilbur

Banned
Bent missed a sitter...and Harry suggested his wife could have done better. So yeah I think the did not see eye to eye after that.

Looking at the rest of the league though, I can't think who else would have the money, the wage budget and actually want him. Liverpool, Stoke, QPR, West Ham are the only four that stand out to me.

FuturusX

I think Harry is going to try and do a few loan deals. QPR spent a lot of money in the summer. They brought in 12 players right? I am not sure he can spend more. Hence why I think they are as good as dead. Perhaps he can offload a few to bring in a few. Either way the should have let Hughes go a month ago.

Top Bottom