• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Salazar

tumblr_mdoi65oeyt1raeyboua.png

Kyoufu

UK GAF - My BT Broadband contract has expired. I was on 45 a month for Fiber Optic (40MB) so now I have the option of upgrading to 80MB and paying 40 a month.

Are there better options out there?

dc89

Whelp. All over the shop at the back. 1 game each now to me and Mr Quiche

Edit: this will have to be my last game in this session, I need to nip to the shop!!!

Clegg

You can't look down on Messi for not winning a World Cup. Spain have undoubtedly been the best team in the World for the last 4-5 years and will be remembered as one of the all-time great sides.

Pele and Maradona have both won World Cups but both were playing with the strongest teams in their respective tournaments. The argument that Maradona won the 1986 World Cup by himself is bollocks. That team had a strong defence and midfield which allowed Maradona to do his thing.

There is only so much Messi can do tbh. The Argentinian team has underperformed imo but that's down to everyone in the squad and not just him.

Clegg

Borussia Dortmund forward Robert Lewandowski could see out his contract with the club in 2014 as the German champions are under no financial pressure to cash in on a big transfer fee by letting him go at the end of this season, the club said on Monday.

"It is a simple numbers game. It could make financially more sense to play a good season with Lewandowski instead of selling him and receiving a high transfer fee," Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke told kicker magazine.

Looks like he's not going to stay with Dortmund.

That's a shame tbh.

dc89

Great games PQ!! I'll be back later for some more if anyone is up for it!! Time to nip to the shop and then grab some lunch.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
marchisioseriously.png

Oh, Merdetta dello Spork, I have a bottle of champagne in the fridge waiting for that very last issue. Bankruptcy can't come soon enough. It'll take a while, but we'll get there eventually. Giornale di merda. #iononcomprolagazzetta

Save one for May. :)

SERIE BBBBBBBBBBB

The 'he hasn't won a World Cup' is stupid. If Ashley young won a world cup with England and was England's best player would he suddenly become the best in the world? No he wouldn't because people have seen how shit he is for Man Utd.

How many people in England watched maradona and pele play for their clubs? Not many I bet, they only saw them at the World Cup. Now don't get me wrong they were two of the best players ever but people only judge them on their World Cup performance. Then it comes round to messi and sure he's scored a fuck ton of goals for Barca and won games for them single handed but hey he hasn't won a World Cup so it automatically means he isn't one of the greats. Just a stupid argument imo.

Anyway I've got 2 essays to write for uni within 2 weeks and I'm procrastinating too much

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wes said:
Sure he's one of the greatest players of the sport of all time, but history remembers more brightly those who do it at World Cups. Just the way of the world.

Exactly.

BUT, Messi will forever be remembered for his three Ballon d'Ors* ;)

*One too many if you ask me, but still.

bud

el derbi madrileno is this weekend. hnnnnngggggg.

i'm curious as to whether atletico can actually win this time.

Kyoufu

el derbi madrileno is this weekend. hnnnnngggggg.

i'm curious as to whether atletico can actually win this time.

They can if Real play poorly like on Saturday but they were probably tired from the CL game midweek. Could go either way.

I think I'll start a new game of FM12 as Spurs. Lets see what I can do with this bunch.

Spurs are pretty easy to manage, just need to buy decent poacher eg Doumbia/Cavani and a decent centre back. I usually go for Dede from Vasco or Otamendi from Porto, both young and cheap.

PowderedToast

You think Falcao is going to celebrate if he scores on Madrid? :p

Nah, that could mean anything.

full quote,

"I'm not so sure it will be in January, to be honest. This year the club wanted to balance the books and see where it was at.

"There was a big investment in the club and a lot of players went out in the summer and a few came in.

"We will look to do some business in January to support the players here. The owners trust me to grow the club over time. As a manager you're always looking at the short term, but eventually we will get there."
soo, PR speak for "we're gonna get some cheap squad players but don't expect the world"? i know he's just downplaying expectations (a smart thing after last summer), but this still puts the fear in me, tbh. i would take one experienced goal poacher over 3 solid squad players. i hope b-rod feels the same.

sohois

just read today's i paper, supposedly rodgers is downplaying any significant transfers in january? "i'm not so sure, to be honest"

w h a t

Even during the actual transfer windows stuff that passes for transfer muppetry (which includes anything said by someone from the club) is asinine and pointless, outside of the transfer window you could get more meaning from youtube comments than any official stories.

PowderedToast

Even during the actual transfer windows stuff that passes for transfer muppetry (which includes anything said by someone from the club) is asinine and pointless, outside of the transfer window you could get more meaning from youtube comments than any official stories.

sure, but sometimes it's all we have. this is only really alarming because it's a change in tune from him. a few weeks ago it was "we need to make it through to january until we fill clear squad deficiencies," to "i'm not so sure there'll be anything significant, to be honest"

obviously a case of reality creeping in the closer we get to the window

sure, but sometimes it's all we have. this is only really alarming because it's a change in tune from him. a few weeks ago it was "we need to make it through to january until we fill clear squad deficiencies," to "i'm not so sure there'll be anything significant, to be honest"

obviously a case of reality creeping in the closer we get to the window

Yeah, just saw B-Rod's comments. Unless fabricated (possible) or taken hugely out of context (also possible) that does not paint the prettiest of pictures. I assume there's still going to be a striker purchased, but not of premium quality one thinks.

Messi

B-rod is an amazing nickname. Anyone here have a nickname? My friends used to call me BFG. It stood for Big Obesity Bollox, it hurt my feelings :(

Top Bottom