• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

FootballFan

^He was pretty bad at that tournament but it happens.

Gerard Deulofeu looks like he could be pretty amazing.

Him, Dongou, Grimaldo and a few others look pretty damn good. Who knows if they will keep developing though. If they do then they should be able to make the team.

Montoya has been awesome this season, great player imo. Alves has been disappointing so just in time I guess.

If he doesn't change his mentality, he'll end up being a better Sturridge judging by the U19 tournament
You're just annoyed he wasn't passing to Suso.

It's never a dead cert but that kid had ridic levels of talent.

Bartra is quite good too. He's started playing for the first team this year too.

Wilbur

Banned
Delofeu is my youth sub of choice on FM. Fuck Cuenca and Tello.

I don't get why Tello keeps getting picked, don't rate him.

Hixx

Stan Collymore really is a fucking bellend. Journo from the Echo thought Collymore had removed his tweets about O'Neill leaving when it turned out it was just a twitter timeline glitch (edit: I can't find the tweet on his timeline either...). Any way some berk racially abuses Collymore and he links it to the journo, saying it's his fault!! Unbelievable.

Slizz

FIFA exposing fraud fans left and right:

wWmji.png

They obviously don't have a clue.

FootballFan

Delofeu is my youth sub of choice on FM. Fuck Cuenca and Tello.

I don't get why Tello keeps getting picked, don't rate him.

You seen him this season? If you remember I was one of his doubters, but he seems to have changed.

Does more now than just one step over and sprint down the wing. Tito maybe instructing him to change his style. He is much better now imo.

Wilbur

Banned
You seen him this season? If you remember I was one of his doubters, but he seems to have changed.

Does more now than just one step over and sprint down the wing. Tito maybe instructing him to change his style. He is much better now imo.

Seen him a few times, still not getting it. I don't think he's awful but he's not like Pedro where he's a little more direct but can still play the Barca way. I think he's being forced to take part in the tiki taka and it doesn't suit him.

You'll have seen him more than me though.

Hindle

Banned
Barca are in the midst of a generational fluke like United had in the early/mid-nineties.

Giggs/Scholes/Beckham/Butt/Nevilles all came along at the same time and United started winning everything and sundry. Barca have Messi/Iniesta/Xavi/Busquets/Pedro/Pique all at the same time too.

La Masia will still develop quality players but not to the same standard of the one's they have now imo.

Yep Fergie has been trying for years to do it again. I think he's failed though.

Clegg

Schurrle will be brilliant in a few years time.

If he keeps building on his Leverkusen form there'll be no stopping him.

PaulLFC

Oh look, a portion of Chelsea fans are being idiots again:

Chelsea supporters will boo interim boss Rafael Benitez until the end of the season, say a fans' group.

Benitez was jeered in his technical area during Sunday's match against Manchester City.

"We want the powers-that-be to realise we didn't want him", said Trizia Fiorellino, chair of Chelsea Supporters' Group.

I feel sorry for the good fans, I'd be embarrassed if someone like that was acting as a spokesman for me as a supporter.

Oh look, a portion of Chelsea fans are being idiots again:

I feel sorry for the good fans, I'd be embarrassed if someone like that was acting as a spokesman for me as a supporter.

Ha, what a tit. Roman was well aware that they didn't want him before he offered him the contract

Feorax

Barca are in the midst of a generational fluke like United had in the early/mid-nineties.

Giggs/Scholes/Beckham/Butt/Nevilles all came along at the same time and United started winning everything and sundry. Barca have Messi/Iniesta/Xavi/Busquets/Pedro/Pique all at the same time too.

La Masia will still develop quality players but not to the same standard of the one's they have now imo.

You have to give credit to Borrell and Segura, they worked wonders with that academy, and they've done fantastically with ours too. Having Kelly, Wisdom, Sterling, Shelvey, Suso, Flanagan and Robinson all break through to the first team in the last couple of years has been wonderful to watch.

faridmon

nah milan was gifted a goal from the ref, but that doesn't excuse the fact of how shit juve is without a striker.

Well, Juve always had shit strikers from last season and they won the Scuddetto. This year, maybe the CL is having some effect on them. The same with Dortmund.

GolazoDan

Quality of play. Serie A, best league in the world.
Reminds me, not really linked to this comment, but remember how every time Barcelona or whoever would beat an English team we'd get the "fans of football, not fans of a football team" sorts making sarcastic remarks about the Premier League being "the best league in the world, lololol". Then the last day of the 2011-12 season happened and I think everyone worked out why people call it that.

Wilbur

Banned
Reminds me, not really linked to this comment, but remember how every time Barcelona or whoever would beat an English team we'd get the "fans of football, not fans of a football team" sorts making sarcastic remarks about the Premier League being "the best league in the world, lololol". Then the last day of the 2011-12 season happened and I think everyone worked out why people call it that.

Yeah to be fair, its nowhere near as entertaining for me watching Barca and Madrid duke it out and inevitably finish first and second than in the other 3 big leagues.

Prem > Serie A > Bundesliga > La Liga. Not on quality, but my personal preference.

faridmon

Yeah to be fair, its nowhere near as entertaining for me watching Barca and Madrid duke it out and inevitably finish first and second than in the other 3 big leagues.

Prem > Serie A > Bundesliga > La Liga. Not on quality, but my personal preference.

Everton > Bundesliga > Everything else for me.

Fintan

I don't think Mou will go back to work under Roman. It'll be most likely Pep to City... but there's a chance he could go to United. Whichever one he doesn't go to, Mou does.
If I remember correctly, Mourinho said in that Pedro Pinto CNN interview that he'd be willing to work under Roman again.

Clegg

You have to give credit to Borrell and Segura, they worked wonders with that academy, and they've done fantastically with ours too. Having Kelly, Wisdom, Sterling, Shelvey, Suso, Flanagan and Robinson all break through to the first team in the last couple of years has been wonderful to watch.

They did fantastic work at Barca. They laid the foundations and La Masia is still producing good players. Cuenca,Tello,Thiago,Duelofeu,Samper,Rafinha etc.

But Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi are once in a lifetime players imo.

Well fuck...I was trying to annoy my Mum and Sister while they were watching a recording of x factor with the new Sky+ app which lets you control the box using your phone/tablet. It won't let you change the channel to Babestation or any of those channels! Sucks. I had to change it to some Gay Dating Channel. They were well confused though :lol

faridmon

If I remember correctly, Mourinho said in that Pedro Pinto CNN interview that he'd be willing to work under Roman again.

That interview was great. Pedro Pinto is an amazing Journalist. He is great at Football Weekly
despite being a Liverpool fan

Kyoufu

Pep going to Chelsea would be bad because he's very likely to get sacked. Anyone with the job is.

Nobody here wants Pep to get the sack.

Pep to Barca (but Tito is doing great so far).

How about...

PEP TO REAL OMG

The bolded aren't really LFC youth products though. Alot of good work has obv been done at the academy though. Rodgers deserves alot of credit for giving the players a chance.

I don't think Mourinho will go back to Chelsea now.

I think Pep will end up at United if he is offered the job next summer. I believe he is Ferguson's #1 choice.

Fintan

Did he?! Well fuck.

Yup. Found the quote:
Mourinho’s answer was in response to Pinto’s question of whether he will work again under the Russian billionaire after he left Stamford Bridge.

“Offcourse… No hard feeling. I think it was a perfect example of a fantastic divorce. I still get in touch with him,” Mourinho said in the interview.

The Portuguese maintains he has a good relationship with Roman Abramovich.

“We have a great relationship in fact,” he said.

Apparently he called Roman personally to arrange the Essien loan.

3Sixty

Well fuck...I was trying to annoy my Mum and Sister while they were watching a recording of x factor with the new Sky+ app which lets you control the box using your phone/tablet. It won't let you change the channel to Babestation or any of those channels! Sucks. I had to change it to some Gay Dating Channel. They were well confused though :lol

Bet you knew that channel number straight away.

Top Bottom