• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lol so ridiculous.

I just drew the haircut I wanted to this arab hairstylist using my Note 2.

Fady teach me Arabic. I got the swear words covered in case he fucks up my hair.

Sorry that was too long for twitter.

Wilbur

Banned
I will hope for this and prepare myself for a Welbeck-Carrick-Giggs-Young midfield.

I'm fucking done with Ashley Young. I disliked the little spunkquat immensely last year, but his cowardly insipid performances all season have made me reach the end of my tether with him.

That's partly true, but some of his starts can be attributed to the midfield and wingers. For instance, against Norwich, even RVP was useless. Usually when he comes on as a sub, Fergie has made changes to the midfield.

Yup. It's a pretty stark contrast to last season, the manner in which RVP struggles to see the ball playing for United. And Chicharito is an out-and-out poacher, a player more reliant on the build-up in midfield. The way Anderson changed the game should make it clear where the real issue lies. Not to say Anderson won't prove himself a good and consistent midfielder this season, but it just shows that decent mobile players in midfield would go a long way to restoring the necessary balance in our line-up.

I'm fucking done with Ashley Young. I disliked the little spunkquat immensely last year, but his cowardly insipid performances all season have made me reach the end of my tether with him.

It's insane to think he cost more than Shinji. And he's our highest paid winger too if the rumour mill is reliable. Past infuriating.

Happy Bday Kyle.

Its bad enough to have a Benitez as your manager, ow you have to live your future life knwing that you share your birthday with a player such as him

27560519.jpg
Cheers boys.

Beautiful sentiment Wilbury. The most real birthday wish I've had all day!

pulga

Banned

Meier

I'm not sure how much you should trust "Honduran newspaper Diez" lol

Yeah, the "quote" was immediately denied but lots of places ran with it as is par for the course with football media. It's entirely true that it's accurate but I'd be a bit leery believing it. Either way, I'm hoping PSG's supposed £40m bid is true and we sell him -- it's better for everyone involved. The refs have written him off at this point and he'll never get the benefit of the doubt. Luiz body checked him quite clearly and Mario received a yellow for a dive? Ludicrous. He needs a fresh start.

Dzeko's the same. He's started twice in a row now and looked ineffective as fuck both times.

Anyone who has watched Man City games can tell you that Dzeko shouldn't start. He always plays poorly as a starter.. he is much better suited for coming in late as a hit man. I understand why he would rather play full matches, but at least for City, he has never earned it. Realistically, he is not well suited for the formation and style that City plays.. he's a liability early on.

FootballFan

Happy Birthday Welbeck!!!! and kyle. :p

Iniesta is the best midfielder in the world.

Probably my favourite player to watch ATM.

Just a glorious player.

Yes indeed. When Iniesta is going at full flow it's hard for even Messi to stand out.

Like I said, there is a reason he is so pale, that glow from inside. Magic.

FootballFan

Damn I didn't even realise we used a whole 11 of La Masia products. :eek:

They all played well too, even Valdes.

Btw I think Cavani is suspended for this game.

I don't think Barca will ever replicate this either tbh.
Yeah I don't think so either.

But this side of theirs still has many years left in it. Messi, Iniesta, Sergio, Pique, Cesc, Alba, Pedro all have at least 5 years left in them.

Still producing good young players too, though I agree, I don't know if the likes of Iniesta, Messi and Xavi will come along again, not all at once anyway,

Debate time

Would it have been better for Liverpool if Suarez had been booked against Swansea, given the fact that we're likely to lose against Spurs anyway and there's no chance he'll escape a booking until they're wiped out?

Debate time

Would it have been better for Liverpool if Suarez had been booked against Swansea, given the fact that we're likely to lose against Spurs anyway and there's no chance he'll escape a booking until they're wiped out?
Nah. Without him you'll get hammered.

Say he gets booked on Wednesday and misses the Southampton game. You could still do alright against them without Suarez.

Hindle

Banned
Replicate the amount of great talented players created or replicate the 11 La Masia players used at once? I agree if you are talking about the former.

Both in terms of quality. Maybe the will produce the odd Fabregas style player but if they do I doubt he will be better.

Clegg

Barca are in the midst of a generational fluke like United had in the early/mid-nineties.

Giggs/Scholes/Beckham/Butt/Nevilles all came along at the same time and United started winning everything and sundry. Barca have Messi/Iniesta/Xavi/Busquets/Pedro/Pique all at the same time too.

La Masia will still develop quality players but not to the same standard of the one's they have now imo.

Top Bottom