• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Don't say that man! :O

Pep is more Barca than anyone, even Puyol.

You don't go from ball boy, youth player, B team player, dream team player, B team coach, to most successful club coach in history to Real Madrid :lol

Puyol grew up on the other side of the country, and joined Barca at the age of 17. Obviously he's Barca through and through, but people talk about him like he was born in the Camp Nou

Puyol grew up on the other side of the country, and joined Barca at the age of 17. Obviously he's Barca through and through, but people talk about him like he was born in the Camp Nou
I know he didn't come through La Masia like the others but I'm pretty sure he was born and raised in Catalunya.

FootballFan

Anyways, it's the same as how people talk about Gerrard and Liverpool, even though:

TDySd.jpg

Okay, so. Kind of new to the sport. I've watched a few Premiere League games, but never really followed a club. my buddy is trying to get me to follow the Arsenal. I can gget myself caught up and such, but for now, does anyone mind giving me a little cheatsheet on them and what I can expect from them until I do get up to speed?

Thanks!

Clegg

Okay, so. Kind of new to the sport. I've watched a few Premiere League games, but never really followed a club. my buddy is trying to get me to follow the Arsenal. I can gget myself caught up and such, but for now, does anyone mind giving me a little cheatsheet on them and what I can expect from them until I do get up to speed?

Thanks!

Oh dear x100000000

pulga

Banned

Thanks!

lolololololololol.

Anyways, it's the same as how people talk about Gerrard and Liverpool, even though:

TDySd.jpg

To be fair, Gerrard is basically the ultimate local lad come good, like Neville was at Man Utd. Not his fault his uncle's a bellend :D

Born in the city, raised in the city, supported the club, attended the matches, joined the youth team pre-teen, never played for another club despite superior offers (yet)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Thanks!

121004gervinho.jpg

This player just about sums them up. He's called Gervinho. Google him.

Thanks!

112986hp2.jpg

Club legend.

faridmon

Thanks!

Are you a Masochist?
If No, Then Stop!
If Yes, then proceed to the next step
Congrats, Now you know everything that is to know about Arsenal. Choose Wisely!

Clegg

I take it it's nothing positive then. Nothing can be worse than the other teams I follow, so...

Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in world football but have been underachieving for the last seven years. They are capable of sublime football but are also equally capable of moments of sheer stupidity and ineptness.

What other teams do you follow?

pulga

Banned

Thanks!

Don't get too attached to any good player, because they WILL be sold.

B-rod is an amazing nickname. Anyone here have a nickname? My friends used to call me BFG. It stood for Big Obesity Bollox, it hurt my feelings :(

The only nickname I ever had was Bundy, apparently my approach to women was akin to Ted Bundy

I was considerably less handsome and smooth although a lot less murdery

Meier

Sergi Samper is the Barca player we should be looking out for.

We tried to snag him before he signed a pro contract this summer (since Barca took one of our youths, Joan Angel Roman) but obviously it didn't happen. Keeping an eye on him though.

Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in world football but have been underachieving for the last seven years. They are capable of sublime football but are also equally capable of moments of sheer stupidity and ineptness.

What other teams do you follow?

Carolina Panthers (lol), Chicago White Sox (overachieve, choke down the stretch), Chicago Blackhawks.

Don't get too attached to any good player, because they WILL be sold.

I already gathered as such. :lol

Sporting´s starting eleven against Moreirense

Rui Patrício; Eric Dier, Rojo; Xandão; Insúa; Pranjic; Elias; Schaars; Capel; Carrillo; Wolfswinkel

Seeing Eric Dier start once again is the only exciting thing about this match, he was great against Braga. I´m completely baffled to see Pranjic on the list, his performance on the last game is easily one of the worst individual performances I´ve seen from a Sporting player in the almost 20 years I´ve supported Sporting.

faridmon

Sporting´s starting eleven against Moreirense

Rui Patrício; Eric Dier, Rojo; Xandão; Insúa; Pranjic; Elias; Schaars; Capel; Carrillo; Wolfswinkel

Seeing Eric Dier start once again is the only exciting thing about this match, he was great against Braga. I´m completely baffled to see Pranjic on the list, his performance on the last game is easily one of the worst individual performances I´ve seen from a Sporting player in the almost 20 years I´ve supported Sporting.

peNSC.gif

Timurid

Why would I be following the other two if I bandwagoned teams?

I'm a white sox fan too!! I was curious if you followed them before they won the Stanley Cup. Before that year, i rarely heard about or seen blackhawk stuff around the city. I just found it annoying. Sorry if i offended you. Also, supporting Arsenal is a road filled with heartache and grief.

Empty

Thanks!

352kl6.jpg

36gv2j.jpg

I'm a white sox fan too!! I was curious if you followed them before they won the Stanley Cup. Before that year, i rarely heard about or seen blackhawk stuff around the city. I just found it annoying. Sorry if i offended you. Also, supporting Arsenal is a road filled with heartache and grief.

Nah, I've followed 'em for as long as I can remember. Parents always followed them, so I did from a young age as well.

Sounds like the Sox and Panthers. I can handle it.

I just learned that bestiality is legal in Denmark. Wooden and Andres could be each others wingman.

You just have to be sure to "not inflict any damage on the animal". Which is bullshit, cause I always wanted to fuck a hamster and I'm having a hard time not killing it. But there's nothing holding you back from fucking a Donkey if that's what you are into, unless you are Ramon from bangbus or something.... But in that case, you should be fucking hot chicks.

faridmon

I take it he did well for Everton, no? Don´t worry, the way things are going Everton can easily buy him for 2 ou 3 million £ in the end of the season.

I doubt he will come back. He pretty much enjoys his stay at Sporting, that and Moyes being Oblivious to the talent he left go to Portugal.

Simply:

Actrn.gif

Top Bottom