• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Salazar

And it won't deliver.

bstsX.gif

WJD

So it's Liverpool/Spurs and Everton/Arsenal on Wednesday yet Sky are showing bloody Wigan/City? Load of bollocks.

3Sixty

They were once teammates in League Two, but Rickie Lambert and Grant Holt will be up against each other in the Premier League tomorrow night when Norwich visit Saints.

Lambert and Holt struck up a memorable partnership earlier in their careers when they were together at Rochdale.

Steve Parkin was their manager at the time, bringing the forwards to Spotland for a combined total of £30,000.

Wes

venison crêpe
Watching the MOTD highlights from the weekend, can I just say how hilarious it is seeing Scott Sinclair behind the City bench with his little woolly hat on. Does Mancini even know who he is? Such a stupid move, he must have known he was a quota filler and nothing more.

He did it just to satisfy his girlfriend who didn't like living in Wales.

How much does the DLC cost in the 360 versions of the Mass Effects? It may work out cheaper to download ME1 and buy the other 2, with ME2 coming with Lair of the Shadow Broker and another piece of DLC

@ Freewheelin', don't even joke about Downing. I might start drinking when he leaves

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sandro has made the most interceptions in the Premier League this season with 48.

Joe-Allen-pa_2794451.jpg

Clegg

Not bad at all. He can still score goals anywhere he plays. I wouldn't surprised to see another Villa loan in January since they aren't scoring many goals.

Keane is finished as a player. He had a decent cameo at Villa but he flopped Liverpool,his second spell at Tottenham, and at West Ham.

He was also quite possibly the worst player at Euro 2012.

3Sixty

Keane is finished as a player. He had a decent cameo at Villa but he flopped Liverpool,his second spell at Tottenham, and at West Ham.

He was also quite possibly the worst player at Euro 2012.

So you're saying his latest spell in the Premier League was decent but he is finished?

Could still do a job for a mid table prem outfit. (Or lower if he goes back to Villa)

Mastadon

Banned
Anders Lindegaard is refreshingly intelligent.

The Guardian said:
Lindegaard, a Danish international who has played seven games for United this season, wrote in his blog: "As a footballer I think first and foremost that a homosexual colleague is afraid of the reception he could get from the fans. My impression is that the players would not have a problem accepting a homosexual.

"Homosexuality in football is a taboo subject. The atmosphere on the pitch and in the stands is tough. The mechanisms are primitive, and it is often expressed through a classic stereotype that a real man should be brave, strong and aggressive. And it is not the image that a football fan associates with a gay person.

"The problem for me is that a lot of football fans are stuck in a time of intolerance that does not deserve to be compared with modern society's development in the last decades. While the rest of the world has been more liberal, civilised and less prejudiced, the world of football remains stuck in the past when it comes to tolerance."

Research shows that around 12% of Danish men are gay, but out of a 1,000 members of the Danish Players' Association no one has come out to say that they are homosexual. The Players' Association gives two reasons for this: firstly, that the players themselves stop playing because they can't associate themselves with the macho world of football and, secondly, that the ramifications of coming out would be too severe.

The United goalkeeper is critical of the Danish Football Federation (DBU) for not doing enough to combat homophobia whereas the Dutch Football Association is behind this brilliant advert. It is, sadly, difficult to imagine the English FA doing the same. And this is despite a recent House of Commons committee report saying that "homophobia may now be a bigger problem in football than other forms of discrimination". It reported that recent research had found that 25% of fans think that football is homophobic while 10% think that football is racist. About 14% of recent match attendees had also reported hearing homophobic abuse.

Lindegaard, who admits that he thought long and hard about what to write, and discussed it with his girlfriend Missé Beqiri before publishing, added: "To turn a blind eye only indicates that one is not recognising that there is a problem. Of course there is a problem if young homosexuals, who love football, have to quit the sport because they feel excluded.

"That is in every way an unpleasant trend that does not belong in a modern and liberal society. Any discrimination towards people is and should be totally unacceptable, whether it is about skin colour, religion, sexuality etc. Homosexuals are in need of a hero. They are in need of someone who dares to stand up for their sexuality."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/nov/27/anders-lindegaard-game-needs-gay-hero?CMP=twt_gu

Clegg

So you're saying his latest spell in the Premier League was decent but he is finished?

Could still do a job for a mid table prem outfit. (Or lower if he goes back to Villa)

That was a year ago and was only for a couple of matches.

In subsequent internationals for Ireland, he's been terrible. I really doubt his fitness and sharpness. He's just not very good anymore.

Feorax

Would be more than happy with a point tomorrow, just to keep the unbeaten run going. December is very kind to us in terms of fixtures, so hopefully we can pick up a fair few points before the January window opens, and then strengthen the team.

Salazar

Lindegaard is a gent. I hope the club treats him right. Feels like DeGod will edge him, and he deserves a proper go at a good club.

P.I.G turned out to be a knob, and it was nice to fuck him off eventually, but Anders has, in multiple senses, more class.

Lindegaard is a gent. I hope the club treats him right. Feels like DeGod will edge him, and he deserves a proper go at a good club.

P.I.G turned out to be a knob, and it was nice to fuck him off eventually, but Anders has, in multiple senses, more class.

P.I.G was a donkey.

All I can say is, he fucking sucked. BIG TIME.

yella

From what we've seen so far, I think they're both getting a fair shot at game time. Anders has the experience, but De Gea seems to have more natural talent. As you said, De Gea will eventually become the sole no 1, but not for a few years yet, I reckon. Isn't De Gea only 19 or 20 right now?

Happy belated birthday greeting to Kyle, btw!

Requeim

I still like Lindegaard way more for when we play teams that rely on scoring from corners and set-pieces. Seems like De Gea often has a habit of staying too put on the line.

operon

That was a year ago and was only for a couple of matches.

In subsequent internationals for Ireland, he's been terrible. I really doubt his fitness and sharpness. He's just not very good anymore.

He was awful, only beaten by given for being the worst Irish player at the euros

Top Bottom