• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Wilbur

Banned
Mumei, any word on how long Elsk is out for? He lost it :lol, suggested if all Americans were dead the drug war would be over.

LOF is weird, it normally has every PL game but only seems to have Wigan - City tomorrow.

Mumei, any word on how long Elsk is out for? He lost it :lol, suggested if all Americans were dead the drug war would be over.

LOF is weird, it normally has every PL game but only seems to have Wigan - City tomorrow.

It's a fair point. If no Americans were around to buy drugs, there would only be one side of the drug war left. It's just a bit of an aggressive point :p

Meier

Robbie Keane has been named in the MLS team of the season.

How bad must that league be?

He played excellently in the second half of the season.. helped the Galaxy make the playoffs after a godawful start. You may recall but he did score a few goals for Villa back in January when he was on loan.

Clegg

He played excellently in the second half of the season.. helped the Galaxy make the playoffs after a godawful start. You may recall but he did score a few goals for Villa back in January when he was on loan.

That was a year ago. He's a year older and has most certainly gotten worse.

He wouldn't be selected for the Ireland team if he wasn't captain. He's a genuinely poor player now.

Meier

What's been the most pointless signing of the summer?

Sinclair to City?

It's been fairly pointless but we do have an English player quota to fill. I wish he was able to finish off one of those late attempts against Villa... probably would have given him a bit of confidence. He's looked "decent" when playing but it's been few and far between.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Looks like we've nicked Alex Inglethorpe from Spurs as our new reserve team manager, with Borell promoted to head of academy coaching. Inglethorpe has a very good reputation doesn't he?

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/reds-make-academy-coach-changes?

Blurgh, horrible news. Inglethorpe was doing a great job with our kids. Best of luck to him, reserve team manager is a step up.

What's been the most pointless signing of the summer?

Sinclair to City?

Owen to Stoke. Sinclair wasn't pointless, he was signed to tick a box and that's what he does.

Clegg

I can see why City signed Rodwell. He's young, English, and has some potential. He's just been poor whenever he's played for them.

Sinclair, on the other hand, has barely played at all.

And what's up with Marin?

Meier

That was a year ago. He's a year older and has most certainly gotten worse.

He wouldn't be selected for the Ireland team if he wasn't captain. He's a genuinely poor player now.

I guess we'll just have to see. I wouldn't be surprised if someone gave him a shot again in January and he managed a few goals. Here were two he bagged the other day to put the Galaxy into the next round of the playoffs. The first strike was pretty darn good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWpCsAEPMo8

Wilbur

Banned
Between Sinclair, Garcia and Rodwell he spent a fair bit of money. He basically spunked £50m up a wall.

Garcia's quite good if you ask me, I thought he was good every time I caught him in the Champions League, but he hasn't really bedded in yet. Buying both Garcia and Rodwell is stupid though; they play in the same fucking position.

Mancini would have been better off buying someone like Powell; fills a quota, doesn't really need to come into the first team now, isn't a waste of money like Sinclair was.

Mastadon

Banned
Garcia's quite good if you ask me, I thought he was good every time I caught him in the Champions League, but he hasn't really bedded in yet. Buying both Garcia and Rodwell is stupid though; they play in the same fucking position.

Mancini would have been better off buying someone like Powell; fills a quota, doesn't really need to come into the first team now, isn't a waste of money like Sinclair was.

Yeah I quite like Garcia too, but if you add together his and Rodwell's transfer fees, you'd almost be at what Javi Martinez cost Bayern.

iFAdpiIps9DZQ.png

Looks more like an Al-Qaeda soldier than Santahimovic

iCiR0Jl4bTcds.png

i6ldjyOuVwwov.png

Clegg

A poster from RedCafe has said that Henriquez might be going to Wigan on loan. Hopefully that's true. Martinez gave Clev a lot of games and they'll need another striker as Kone will be away for the ACoN.

Wilbur

Banned
A poster from RedCafe has said that Henriquez might be going to Wigan on loan. Hopefully that's true. Martinez gave Clev a lot of games and they'll need another striker as Kone will be away for the ACoN.

Hopefully he gets some game time. I can't see how he's going to get past our four strikers for the foreseeable future :/

AndresON777

shooting blanks

LOL pinche elsk is a lunatic. Schweini better than Xavi and now all Americans should be dead.

Hey you jerk my brother is a gringo!

Look forward to reading those posts later today :)

Wilbur

Banned
I also liked when a bunch of people said that Alaba in the title would be shit and Elsk said all the English people in the thread were assholes.

Clegg

Remember a few years ago when Nasri was the best player in the league?

He's never kicked on from that. He could be brilliant for City but he's never been anything but decent for them.

Wilbur

Banned

He's never kicked on from that. He could be brilliant for City but he's never been anything but decent for them.

Yeah, he had that 5 month spell where he was just fantastic.

Mastadon

Banned

I honestly don't remember that? I only really recall him being slightly anonymous for Arsenal.

Clegg

I honestly don't remember that? I only really recall him being slightly anonymous for Arsenal.

He was sensational from August to January of 2010/2011.

His form dipped in the second half of the season and he moved to City in the summer. He can be a much better player than what he's showing right now.

Meier

He looked great in those few games before the first international break and has reverted to mostly average for the months that have followed. He has a flash here and there but I'd rather we buy Isco and play him. Dat Spanish midfield.

Hixx

No.

I remember him having a good run of form.

Like Bobby Zamora. But French.

Carbonox

Yohan Cabaye and Steven Taylor out until February at least.

AHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHHHHAHAHHHAHAHHA

untitled-142kb71.gif

Top Bottom