• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Linius

6durK.jpg

EPL Gaf interested?

Wilbur

Banned
Without Elsk, I can't hate on Bayern.

Fuck.

Imagine there's no Bayern
It's easy if you try
Elsk now below us
Above us only Fry
Imagine all the people
Younger than Ribery

It ain't hard, Clegg does
No one to fuck up penalties
No fucking Toni Kroos
Imagine all the people
Living with no Shaqiri

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you will join us
And the world can forget Lahm

Imagine no possession
Don't think of Emre Can
No need for Jupp or Bastian
A brotherhood of Man(duzic)
Imagine all the people
That think Robben's a girl

But I'm not the only one

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gary Mabbutt:

“Liverpool are a two man team.”

George-bush-dance.gif

AVB:

"Jermain knows how to score goals. [His] hunger for goal is extreme," he told reporters.

"He has been doing it for all of his life. I certainly put him alongside Falcao.

17eMs.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Only Golden Boot winners get the FIFA Ballon d'Or. :/

Messi deserves it though.

For instance if Messi and Ronaldo didn't exist, I don't think RVP or Huntelaar or Gomez should get it purely for scoring a fuckload of goals. But Messi has been the best player or the year. 82 goals... that isn't just top scorer like top scorer was a few years ago, that meant 40 goals max.

Countless assists, dragging Barca to wins by himself, late winners, game changing goals. He's still been a step above everyone.

spidye

yesterday, Dusseldorf fan's sang during the dortmund match:
"Und ihr wollt Deutscher Meister sein?"

(you want to be german champions?)

looks like dortmund's starting to feel the same heat from other fans bayern has felt so much in the last years.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
It's easy if you try
Elsk now below us
Above us only Fry
Imagine all the people
Younger than Ribery

It ain't hard, Clegg does
No one to fuck up penalties
No fucking Toni Kroos
Imagine all the people
Living with no Shaqiri

But I'm not the only one

Imagine no possession
Don't think of Emre Can
No need for Jupp or Bastian
A brotherhood of Man(duzic)
Imagine all the people
That think Robben's a girl

But I'm not the only one
jokerclap.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh don't get me wrong Wilbury, Messi definitely deserves it.

I wish we could divide the Ballon d'Or into: Best defender, Best Midfielder, Best Winger(?) and Best Goalkeeper. These guys can never outshine a WC striker.

Salazar

:lol

Platt to Sinclair

Every player wants to feature more, but when a player comes to this club, they are going to have to accept they’re not going to play week in and week out.

‘Some will play more than others, but when we spoke to Scott, he knew what he was coming into. He knew it was a big, big squad. The manager’s door is always open to any player, if they feel they want to go and play, like Adam did. To be fair, though, he seems happy and hasn’t made any noises about that.

‘He has done well when he has come on, and when he has started games as well, but we have a big squad and everyone is aware of that. We felt when Adam was leaving, we needed the characteristics within the squad that Scott provides. Any player would want to figure more than he has done, but we think he is a valued member of the squad and that he is going to help us.’

GorillaJu

Goobers on Redcafe.

Christ.

Summarised: If we play narrow, we could get the best out of Ashley Young.

No, you twats. If we go narrow, Young doesn't get fucking near the side.

Fan forums are constantly pushing back the boundaries of just how mind-mendingly wrong people can be about football.

Interesting that both of Villa's star wingers turned out shit at big clubs and suddenly without them Villa is languishing. Unfortunate circumstances all around

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

I wish we could divide the Ballon d'Or into: Best defender, Best Midfielder, Best Winger(?) and Best Goalkeeper. These guys can never outshine a WC striker.
Ce Cannavaro
Ce Capitano
Ce Cannavaro~

Wilbur

Banned

Yeah, true. That would be better, but Fifa would still fuck it up spectacularly. No Vidal in the FifPro nominations baffles the utter fuck out of me.

I'd go for...
GK - 1. Buffon 2. Neuer 3. Casillas
FB - 1. Marcelo 2. Baines 3. Piszczek
CB - 1. Chiellini 2. Barzagli 3. Kompany
CM - 1. Pirlo 2. Vidal 3. Iniesta
WM - 1. Ronaldo 2. Ribery 3. Reus
ST - 1. Messi 2. RVP 3. Falcao

Dat big team bias.

Wilbur

Banned
Young is fine, United fans just have some ridiculously high standards. Downing has actually been useless.

Completely disagree. This season Downing's been better than Young. He's done fuck all. He runs towards his own goal more than he does the opposition, he doesn't take anyone on, he goes over far too easily, he never takes it round the outside and crosses, it's always cutting inside and shooting or making a cross too vertical so no one can get to it in time.

I really really dislike him.

Kompany's form this year would exclude him from that list IMO.

He was good enough last year I'm going to include him anyway. Hummels and Ramos were fantastic as well.

Marcelo hasn't played this season but he was so good last time out I'll include him anyway. Love that cunt.

Did that FIFA list posted yesterday include the entire year? If not, its ridiculous that Skrtel wasn't on it. Even if it is, I'd have had him on it myself

Yeah he's been great as well. I don't think he was on it.

But Evra was.

Manc bias spreads into the awards, spearheaded by Frogson :(

Kind of wish Adebayor was available, Skrtel and Agger are more suited to playing against players like him than they are playing against little livewires like Defoe

@Mastadon, fuck that. In a smaller coaching capacity, sure. As a player? No

Mastadon

Banned
Manc bias spreads into the awards, spearheaded by Frogson :(

Kind of wish Adebayor was available, Skrtel and Agger are more suited to playing against players like him than they are playing against little livewires like Defoe

@Mastadon, fuck that. In a smaller coaching capacity, sure. As a player? No

Ahaha I kid, I kid. We've been down that road before! Hope he does go in to coaching and management though.

Blablurn

My Team is owning in FM13. The third season and bayern is still unbeaten in the german league after 8 games. Plus i got some nice wins again leverkusen (last years champion) and dortmund. Also rocking the CL with only one defeat against newcastle. Sterling and shaqiri are so awesome. FM is such an awesome game when everything works

I've always wondered why Utd and Liverpool have a rivalry. It's not like a local derby like Arsenal-Tottenham so is it just the whole "we've got more trophies than you trololololol" thing? :lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
:lol

Platt to Sinclair

So basically he can leave. He really should.

I wish he was playing too, he scored twice in this game last season, but Dempsey actually played very well in the last game and I think he will be massively up for this one.

Antti

Some more for today:
Norwich +0,5 53%
WBA +0,25 52%
Fulham +1,25 54%
Southampton-Norwich O2,75 52% (Assuming Ruddy doesn't play)

I've always wondered why Utd and Liverpool have a rivalry. It's not like a local derby like Arsenal-Tottenham so is it just the whole "we've got more trophies than you trololololol" thing? :lol

The two cities have a rivaly stretching back like 2 centuries, since the Manchester canals were built and the 2 cities started sharing trade, where Liverpool had been lucky enough to basically have a monopoly on trading in the north west because of its coastal location up until then.

Add in the whole 2 'biggest' clubs in Britain, 2 most successful clubs in England, relative proximity (30 miles I think,) 2 periods of domination immediately next to one-another, even the music rivalry between the two. It goes too far, way too often, and Liverpool have been on the shitty end of it since I was born, but its fascinating.

Top Bottom