• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

elseanio

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20523405

European football's governing body Uefa is considering ditching the Europa League in favour of extending the Champions League from 32 to 64 teams.
"We're discussing it. We will make a decision in 2014. Nothing is decided yet," Uefa president Michel Platini told French newspaper Ouest-France.
It means seven English clubs and five Scottish teams could qualify for European football's elite competition.
Uefa are looking at changing the format of European competitions from 2015.
"There is an ongoing debate to determine what form the European competitions will have between 2015 and 2018," added Platini.
The former France international said he was not worried by talk of Europe's richest clubs forming a competition to rival the Champions League.
"It's a question that is regularly brought up," he said.
"I can't see how it could work outside the Uefa framework. Who will referee them? In what stadiums will they play?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20523405

Terrible idea. CL is basically perfect as it is. Just get rid of the 3rd place team going into the EL, or make them play a knockout tournament to get into it. Sure, they wouldn't take it seriously, but it seriously damages the prestige of the Europa League as it is

Jennifer Aniston is so fit

Eight teams qualify for the Champions League! Everyone is happy!

All in England!

Shove that up your grifter, Europe!

@PQ

The Mighty Boosh
Blackadder
The IT Crowd
Peep Show
Fawlty Towers
Only Fools & Horses
Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia
Frasier
The Office (UK)
Father Ted

Salazar

Interesting that both of Villa's star wingers turned out shit at big clubs and suddenly without them Villa is languishing. Unfortunate circumstances all around

It's got to the point where Young is pretty much doing the opposite of what I want him to do.

I mean, there are footballers who annoy you because they have their little foibles and idiosyncrasies. But I want a fucking winger to look to run forward and get the ball to the strikers in attacking areas. Young doesn't, won't, perhaps can't any longer.

A quality wide player will distract and draw out centre backs. He'll create uncertainty in the middle, because he has the will and the momentum to get past or around his marker. You can see Valencia doing this when he's firing. He often crosses to loosely marked players because he has seized so much fucking attention.

Young poses no even vaguely comparable threat. Except as a dive merchant.

We need to replace. Get fucking Tom Oar from Utrecht. Nyx knows what I'm on about.

It's got to the point where Young is pretty much doing the opposite of what I want him to do.

I mean, there are footballers who annoy you because they have their little foibles and idiosyncrasies. But I want a fucking winger to look to run forward and get the ball to the strikers in attacking areas. Young doesn't, won't, perhaps can't any longer.

A quality wide player will distract and draw out centre backs. He'll create uncertainty in the middle, because he has the will and the momentum to get past or around his marker. You can see Valencia doing this when he's firing. He often crosses to loosely marked players because he has seized so much fucking attention.

Young poses no even vaguely comparable threat. Except as a dive merchant.

We need to replace. Get fucking Tom Oar from Utrecht. Nyx knows what I'm on about.
Wingers are generally very frustrating players though who tend to be inconsistent.

I don't really mind Young being frustrating or patchy, it's just I don't sense any conviction from him. He seems so hit and hope, ill make this 50-50 pass or just cross it into all those bodies etc. Sadly Valencia has been the same this season.

With Nani at least you know that whatever he does it's not riding on luck.

OH GOD NO

GOD NO AH FUCk

My dog managed to get some used pantiliners out of the garbage bin and was eating them

i5MYDNvl7WTas.gif

FUUUUCK NO

ripped to pieces red stuff everywhere

466x.jpg

Robin. Eric.
Buttner

Awesome.

Some rumours that Chelsea might want Nani. No.

Redcafe's reaction to that photo was funny

'RVP, what a legend, getting a photo of his idol'
'van Persie's just confirmed his legendary status, look how happy he is to meet Cantona'

'Um, he's just taking a photo of Buttner meeting Cantona'

'Damn. We'll do what we want, Man Utd we'll do what we want. Arrogant? Us? ABUs everywhere'

3Sixty

WHIZKID Luke Shaw insists he will not to quit St Mary’s to move to a Premier League powerhouse.

Southampton left-back Shaw, 17, has already been hailed as the new Gareth Bale and been trailed by the Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Arsenal since he joined Saints’ famed Academy at the age of seven.

Shaw will make only his fourth start against Norwich tonight. He said: “Seeing my name linked with those big clubs was crazy. I tried not to let it get into my head.

“I am happy at Southampton.

“It is a great club and I want to be here. We give youngsters chances early in their careers and other clubs do not have what we have here.”

Southampton are set to offer England Under-18 international a bumper five-year deal to keep him on the South Coast.

Shaw :bow

:lol

He's a berk if he's waiting for us.

Frogson's successor needs to have fucking won things.

And if he's waiting for more money from Everton, for himself or to spend, he has gone mad.
Fergie already said his successor will have experience at the top level and a winning pedigree.

I am fairly sure it won't be Moyes. Though if possible a British manager would be good, there aren't any good candidates.

Top Bottom