• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Clegg

The only problem I'd have with selling Nani in January is the lack of available replacements for him.

I'm sure United are interested in James but Porto won't want to sell him in January.

LegoArmo

I have loads of games to play anyway, I can probably wait.

Sky are pricks for not showing a half decent game tonight. I'm not going to enjoy City putting 8 past Wigan.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fergie already said his successor will have experience at the top level and a winning pedigree.

I am fairly sure it won't be Moyes. Though if possible a British manager would be good, there aren't any good candidates.
What if it's Wenger? I'm sure the Glazers will love him.

spidye

DV1352604.jpg__29622577__MBQF-1354097075,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

and you people thought ribery is a beauty

Do any of you think Ronaldo would be as good as Messi if he worked harder for his team-mates?

I'm having a debate with someone which began with him saying Ronaldo hampers Madrid (after Jon Wilis' article today) and he's now suggesting if Ronaldo wasn't so selfish he'd be a better player than Messi.

A fairly insane case of arguing your point beyond the boundaries of logic.

LegoArmo

Do any of you think Ronaldo would be as good as Messi if he worked harder for his team-mates?

I'm having a debate with someone which began with him saying Ronaldo hampers Madrid (after Jon Wilis' article today) and he's now suggesting if Ronaldo wasn't so selfish he'd be a better player than Messi.

I don't think so. Messi seems like the ball is tied to his foot with elastic. Ronaldo doesn't always seem in complete control, which sounds weird. Only his physical attributes are better than Messi, I reckon.

This plan to change the CL from 32 to 64 teams is ridiculous.

Make the Europa League alternate weeks to the CL and on Tuesday/Wednesday, have the winner get a group spot automatically and the loser go into the lower rounds (say 1st round or whatever) and try and strike a better TV deal to make it worth more money. Especially as latter stages will get CL rejects like City (and possibly Chelsea :()

Seems simple really.

Fm players , when you won everything with your team do you stay or do you go to the next one?

I usually reboot the team depending on the quality of the squad. If i've already built quite a young team i'll usually ship out the remaining older players and do that. Or i'll buy in a lot of younger players (quite like players such as Willems, Kovacic, Butland etc) but I tend to get bored before seeing if they can reproduce.

I just have a hard time playing with other teams than Bayern :/ it always feels wrong
That happens to me sometimes too. After 2/3 years with United I win everything and then it's just a bit tedious because your team is so strong and there aren't any transfers that need to be made etc.

You can try selling off some big players, like sell your 2/3 most valuable/best players and try to rebuild a bit.

Set some kind of target, that you want to use X amount of youth players.

Or a good one is go on holiday for a long time, like 2/3 years and come back and see what's up.

Personally think the best thing is to start a new file with Bayern but turn real players off. Generates a database of made up players and so everything is new to you and it tends to stay that way.

Clegg

A Ronaldo who worked harder for him teammates is basically the Ronaldo of 2006/2007. He had so many assists and goals that season. He was also at his most creative and exciting that year.

But Ronaldo is at his peak right now. Scoring all these goals is what makes him the world class player he is. There's no point trying to change the way he plays. Asking him to play more for his teammates would only limit his own effectiveness.

Blablurn

Thanks for the impressions guys ! I like the idea of selling players and trying something new. But first I need to start a dynasty with Bayern. Never won the cl for example. Not even in 11 which was my last.

Nyx

This plan to change the CL from 32 to 64 teams is ridiculous.

Make the Europa League alternate weeks to the CL and on Tuesday/Wednesday, have the winner get a group spot automatically and the loser go into the lower rounds (say 1st round or whatever) and try and strike a better TV deal to make it worth more money. Especially as latter stages will get CL rejects like City (and possibly Chelsea :()

Seems simple really.

I have an even simpler solution.

Take 25% of the CL prizemoney, and give that to the EL.

Fm players , when you won everything with your team do you stay or do you go to the next one?

I usually go on to the next team.
If you don't want that, set new goals for yourself, like not playing any foreigners, only play with players from your youth-system, play with a weird tactic etc.

Timurid

I try to win the most league titles, domestic cups, and UCLs. After I did that I tend to start a journeyman save. It's you start the game unemployed and you have to win each of the champion leagues on each continent. It's pretty fun and feels awesome when you win everything.

Anyway, Toro facing Siena today in the Coppa Italia. Tuscans are tough bunch. We drew against them at the start of season, but i think we will get the win today.

3Sixty

Im playing my 1 team save to make Wales a footballing power house.

Really annoying atm that i played my Champions League qualifiers at a bigger ground but im playing my group games at my regular stadium. With all 504 seats.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
My hero.

Prediction for tonight:

Tottenham 4 - 0 Liverpool
Dempsey, 10'
Dempsey, 45'
Dempsey, 60'
Sigurdsson, 90'

I think we should do a Footy-Gaf International or Club FM Network game. Wilbz, Timiruid and Me did one the other day and worked great so if we could get enough of us we could do one of the versus modes for a quick game or make a long term one :lol

Also I watched the first episode of Workaholics and it was awful :lol Please tell me it gets better than that Linius?

Scum

Best way to sort out EL for me would be :-

Better/lucrative deal - just take some of the money away from Champions' League and put it towards EL.
Winner of EL gets a Champion League spot.
Get rid of the '3rd place in group stage CL drops into EL' nonsense.

Blablurn

I think we should do a Footy-Gaf International or Club FM Network game. Wilbz, Timiruid and Me did one the other day and worked great so if we could get enough of us we could do one of the versus modes for a quick game or make a long term one :lol

Also I watched the first episode of Workaholics and it was awful :lol Please tell me it gets better than that Linius?
How does this work? Can any of our teams jump in? And what's up when they are from different countries, or when someone plays faster than the other. As you can see I haven't looked into that mode at all lol

How does this work? Can any of our teams jump in? And what's up when they are from different countries, or when someone plays faster than the other. As you can see I haven't looked into that mode at all lol

It waits for everyone to finish the day before it continues. It makes everyone one play at a Wednesday/Saturday interval and if your match finishes before the others you can go watch another players match. Such as when I saw Wilbury's Liverpool crash out of the EL :lol

Carbonox

Can't get enough of Dortmund on FIFA. 3 years in and this is my squad:

ter Stegen
Piszczek
Subotic
Hummels
Schmelzer
Bender
Gundogan
Blaszczykowski
Gotze
Reus
Lewandowski

Only the goalkeeper has changed due to Weidenfeller or whatever his name is getting old.

Their ratings pretty much put them as the best team in the game now. Hummels, Gotze, Lewandowski are over 90. Reus - 89, Bender/Gundogan - 88, etc.

The love flowing through me makes me want to go and live in Dortmund with a Dortmund-coloured house and Dortmund bedsheets.

Meier

This Brazilian player Bernard that Chelsea is apparently interested in is being deemed "the next Oscar." Oscar is 21 years old FFS.

Blablurn

Can't get enough of Dortmund on FIFA. 3 years in and this is my squad:

ter Stegen
Piszczek
Subotic
Hummels
Schmelzer
Bender
Gundogan
Blaszczykowski
Gotze
Reus
Lewandowski

Only the goalkeeper has changed due to Weidenfeller or whatever his name is getting old.

Their ratings pretty much put them as the best team in the game now. Hummels, Gotze, Lewandowski are over 90. Reus - 89, Bender/Gundogan - 88, etc.

The love flowing through me makes me want to go and live in Dortmund with a Dortmund-coloured house and Dortmund bedsheets.
ib05pjPuGScl6.gif

Nyx

I would love this, but never had a good experience with a long term network game.
(people don’t show up very fast)

Top Bottom