• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

^^No

Only Verizon, FiOS and Brighthouse allow the streaming from ESPN3. Stupid ass app.

Why limit it to so few providers? Thanks for the help though.

Hopefully the games over by the end of the first half and we are up big so I'm not stressing on the way home.

EDIT: Wait, do I even need the app, can I browse the normal website and get it to magically work?

It's up to the provider, not ESPN. I know Cox and Comcast allow streaming of it. Cox is CLE and Comcast is CHI. Also, FiOS is Verizon. We really wanted to get it, but they aren't in our area of Chicago yet :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Players’ union FIFPro have released a statement urging clubs to “end blackmail behaviour,” such as Inter’s situation with Wesley Sneijder.

The Nerazzurri told Sneijder he will not play again until he has signed a new contract agreeing to lower his current wages.

“FIFPro wants to talk to FIFA, UEFA and the European Commission about measures to adjust the behaviour of a growing number of clubs,” read a statement from the worldwide trade union for professional footballers.

“FIFPro signals a growing number of players who are put under pressure to prolong their contract. ‘For clubs, football seems to have become more like business. Football comes in second place.’

“This is no new phenomenon. A club forces a player with a contract nearing expiry to sign a new contract. If the player refuses, the club puts him on the reserve bench or in the grandstand. This professional footballer doesn’t get a chance to play any more. Only when he has signed a new contract he can resume playing.

“The two most striking examples at the moment are Wesley Sneijder (Internazionale, Italy) and Fernando Llorente (Athletic de Bilbao, Spain).

“Sneijder’s contract runs until the middle of 2015. Inter has demanded that the Dutch international extend his contract until 2016, but then for exactly the same total salary. In other words, to work a year longer without receiving any salary for it. Sneijder refused and since then, Coach Andrea Stramaccioni has kept the playmaker outside the match selection.

“Llorente has a contract until the middle of 2013. Last summer, the Spanish international refused to sign a new contract. Since then, Coach Marcelo Bielsa has kept the striker on the bench. He has only come into action as substitute.

“Only last summer, Llorente was in the selection of the European champions Spain, while he was also one of the main players for Athletic, which reached the final of the Europa League in May.

“Sneijder and Llorente are not the only players, says FIFPro secretary general Theo van Seggelen: ‘This type of practice used to be an exception. Unfortunately, we now see clubs in all countries in Europe using this type of measure. For us, the time has come to sound the bell’, said Van Seggelen to the Dutch Volkskrant newspaper and NOS Radio.

“‘Clubs say that players must respect contracts, but why should that not apply in reverse? It is not as if Sneijder has taken a gun to the head of the board of Inter to force them to submit that contract. The club offered it to him with their full understanding.’”

Thoughts guys?

Ugh...The club shouldn't be allowed to do that, however the way players and their relationship to their clubs works is so fucked up I get a headache thinking about how bad it is. I hate that players can demand trades because the club isn't big enough or watching Tevez pull the shit he did and get away with it. There needs to be a better way to go about things, I just don't quite know what it is :/

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Browsing RAWK is providing some pre-match amusement.

Think the only difference in both teams is Bale to be honest, maybe a fit Dembele would have been more of a difference but hopeing he is still crocked.

hohoho

Fry

Anyone in here been watching Rayo Vallecano this season? This Léo Baptistão looked really good in the highlights I just watched.

Meier

Thoughts guys?

I don't think a player has any ground to stand on since their contracts are fully guaranteed. I get that they want to play, but unless there is a clause that stipulates that they must be in the first team, then they just have to take their money and be happy. They may have some grounds for complaint about not receiving potential bonuses based on not playing but they're just that, bonuses.

It could be worse, it could be like the NFL where a guy may sign for 5-6 years but only have only 2 years or so of guaranteed money at which point he can be released and receive no compensation after the guaranteed period is over.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pasquato scored for Bologna in Coppa Italia and the match against Livorno ended 1-0. Now there is Siena-Torino on tv.

PASQUATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Oh man I'm glad he's still alive.
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

Pretty much our only hope tonight is an AVB tactical brainfart.

Or a display of complete defensive discipline, including the 2 in front of the defenders, and a piece of Suarez or Gerrard magic. Dembele's gonna give us the runaround if Allen and Gerrard don't sort it out

Blablurn

Bayern v Freiburg: Neuer - Lahm, Dante, Badstuber, Alaba - Martinez, Kroos - Müller, Shaqiri, Ribery - Gomez

OMG OMG OMG

SHAQ RIBS AND GOMESCH!

Ushojax

Pretty much our only hope tonight is an AVB tactical brainfart.

I think you have a slight chance as King isn't there. I don't think any of our defenders have handled tricky players like Suarez that well this season. I don't see us keeping a clean sheet but I don't really see you scoring more than one.

Some people saying the same Pool team that played Swansea will play tonight.

Garjon

Or a display of complete defensive discipline, including the 2 in front of the defenders, and a piece of Suarez or Gerrard magic. Dembele's gonna give us the runaround if Allen and Gerrard don't sort it out

I was really hoping Lucas would have been back for tonight, especially when you consider almost all of the goals we've conceded so far have been from counters or sloppy passes to/from the back four and Gerrard.

Feorax

Personally, i'd like to see us play us play. 4-2-3-1 with Sahin and Henderson as the 2, and Suso in the hole.

Unfortunately, I think it will be Gerrard and Allen again, despite the fact that both look dead on their feet, with Henderson furthest forward.

I think Rodgers is a great manager, and absolutely the right man to take us forward. I do find it baffling, however, that he can't organise the midfield to get the best out of them.

Cuddler

PASQUATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Oh man I'm glad he's still alive.
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

lol, you are right, is not really playing much with Bologna. Anyway is in co-ownership between Juventus and Udinese, so we can have him back at the end of the season!
I guess

Ushojax

Personally, i'd like to see us play us play. 4-2-3-1 with Sahin and Henderson as the 2, and Suso in the hole.

No offense but Sandro and Dembele would eat them. Sahin is soft and sluggish, Henderson the same. I don't really think Liverpool have any options to effectively control midfield without Lucas, not against teams like Spurs, but surely you'd want Gerrard in there? Has he really been that bad this season?

Harvard Business School has carried out some research into SAF's management of United over the last 25 years with his full co-operation.

The full report is behind a paywall but I saw these two choice quotes from him taken from the 25 page report.

"You think you are a better player than they are, they think they are a better manager than you are."

"You can't ever lose control -- not when you are dealing with 30 top professionals who are all millionaires. And if anyone steps out of my control, that's them dead."

Labadal

That's pretty much the ages I work with too (after school club) and I definitively know what you are saying, although it's mostly a nice school with good kids there are a few that although you try, just keep being trouble makers, often mirrored pretty well with shitty parents. The other day a kid in the 10 years range seriously called me a faggot (and for no apparent reason), almost made me laugh. :lol

Also yesterday my boss was fired/forced to leave, so there's real chaos there with everyone, me and one other young guy are often who seems to hold the damn place together, lol. The kids are crazy noisy but at least there's a huge outdoors area and you can always get out to clear your head a bit if you want to. Also I've gotten really good to building stuff with lego!

Usually kind of shit quality though. :(

Haha, being called a faggot, cunt and whatnot, is a regular thing over here. Sometimes the kids hit me and I get so angry that I hit them back. One kid told me he'd call his dad so he could fuck me up. I told him that I could call his dad for him. His reaction was priceless. The funny thing is this is the school I went to, so I basically know everyone's parents. I know wich kid has parents that actually give a shit, and wich ones don't. But most of the time, I have a great relationship with the kids. Maybe because I'm one of the youngest employees? Most co-workers are at least 10 years older than me.

I work at an after school club too, after regular school has ended, and that time is really good. I usually keep dissing Real and Barca, and tell them that anyone who goes to our club has to become a Liverpool fan. Poor bastards. I did Barca's club emblem in pearls today, so I'll post a pic on Friday, when I get back to work and iron it. Most of the kids like Barca, so they went batshit insane when they saw what I was doing. They almost started to fight over it, but I told them this one is going nowwhere, but they could use it to make their own.

Oh, and my co-worker who's been a Chelsea fan for 20 years, went to London to see the Chelsea game today, and then their weekend game. **** him.

Feorax

No offense but Sandro and Dembele would eat them. Sahin is soft and sluggish, Henderson the same. I don't really think Liverpool have any options to effectively control midfield without Lucas, not against teams like Spurs, but surely you'd want Gerrard in there? Has he really been that bad this season?

None taken, and yes, IMO he has been very poor. He hasn't really offered a lot at all this season apart from the goal against United and his dead ball delivery. If Gerrard can still make an impact, I really don't think it's in the centre of midfield.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
lol, you are right, is not really playing much with Bologna. Anyway is in co-ownership between Juventus and Udinese, so we can have him back at the end of the season!
I guess

I want him to get more playing time (like Immobile), he won't get that with us!

K1LLER7

Not sure if posted already.... De gea on United and the comebacks.

I have been surprised,” he told United Review. “Certainly, when I was in Spain I’d heard about this aspect and seen for myself on TV the way the team always seemed to conjure up a late goal to either draw or win matches. So it’s great to be a part of it myself. I think dramatic comebacks are part of the heart and soul of this club and it’s almost written in the history of Manchester United that these sorts of things happen so often. I love being a part of it and experiencing it for myself.”

He constantly loses the ball 30 yards from goal, falls on the floor, takes about 3 seconds to get up, and walks back into position. We're getting destroyed on the counter, yet Rodgers lets him do this 4 or 5 times a game. It would be OK for him to do this if

a) He was playing at the spearhead of the 3
b) The spearhead dropped back to cover his lack of legs

As it is, we have Allen who is OK, but clearly not a defensive midfielder. He goes in too early, chases the ball too much and is slightly out of position too often. Gerrard seemingly can't be bothered to do the defensive work. Sahin is stood in space for the pass from the centre backs, even if the other team has the ball. Henderson, while he obviously isn't brilliant, has the energy, the discipline and the will to do that work

I'd have Henderson and Allen in front of the back 4, with Gerrard ahead of them

Morgan dive. Disappointing

Top Bottom