• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

So now that Hart has played a shitty match he's a useless, overrated goal keeper and you guys knew it all along right?

He's still one of the best keepers in the world.

I'm glad the footballing authorities here on GAF are writing Hart off as useless. He can happily spend the rest of his career at City. :)

Nobody said he's useless he's just massivley over rated by some and City fans seem too precious about him

I've been banging this drum for a long time, one of the best instinct shot stoppers around but his all round game other wise is average and his decision making poor which brings him down from the top echelon

It's nice of him to be proving me right this season though

Meier

I didn't see the game, but from the running commentary, it sounded like the defense was in part responsible for the first 3 goals for Ibra (first Caulker then two poor plays by Shawcross I believe I read). The fact England had a bunch of kids on their international debuts did Hart no favors. That last one was kind of ridiculous looking by him but 99.9999% of players don't do anything with that chance Ibra had on the 4th so there's that.

So now that Hart has played a shitty match he's a useless, overrated goal keeper and you guys knew it all along right?

He's still one of the best keepers in the world.

I've been saying he's over rated for yonks now

Oh and DC surely you can't think that is competent goalkeeping for the last goal? If he doesn't come out the defenders have a better chance of dealing with it but if he decides to come he has to deal with it fully

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So you speak for every single one of their fans? No offence man - but respect other's opinions, you're being a little childish.

Are you only reading my posts?

adriano999 supports Inter, FootballFan supports Barca, TheLucifer made his feelings known more than once last season.

Moobabe

I'm responding to you because you're responding to me - and yes, it seems there's a few people who think he bottles big games, but some people think Ronaldo does as well.

I think Ronaldo is better than Messi as well if you want to kick off about that.

adriano999 supports Inter, FootballFan supports Barca, TheLucifer made his feelings known more than once last season.

So the 4 of you? :p

Former England captain Rio Ferdinand on Twitter: "Zlatan just silenced any doubters he had... Ruthless tonight."

Rio you idiot!! You only PLAY professional football at the top level!

Meier

No he's had a poor season so far and isn't as good as some people make him out to be

His poor season is a great one for almost every other keeper in the world. He's only conceded 10 goals in 11 matches in the league and that's with some headscratchers from his defense.

FootballFan

^^Everything you guys are saying about Hart, replace it with Ibra and that is how I feel.

Is he useless/shit? lol hell no, very good player in fact.

But is he as godlike/amazing as his fans claim? :lol nope.

in my opinion

If you disagree with Ibra being world class, then yes he does know better than "all of you".

Van Persie
Falcao
Cavani
Villa
Rooney
Eto'o?
Ibrahimovic
Aguero

By a lot of people's metrics, there are only 25 or so World Class players. That leaves 5, at most, world class strikers if they measure it by the player's quality relative to the others who play in their position. Ibra isn't so good that he's undoubtedly one of the top 5 in that list. Only Van Persie and Falcao are

PJX

Apparently there's going to be a story tomorrow about there being 'doubts' over his future at LFC.

Makes sense, seeing as he signed a new 6 figure contract just a few months ago and doesn't shut up about how much he loves being at the club.

EDIT: apparently the story is he's Mancini's top transfer target in Jan. You'd have thought he'd have learned after Skrtel and Agger.

If the club decides to sell without him wanting to go, I'm going to stop supporting Liverpool and find another club to support.

Just saying.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah - grow up man. I have a different opinion to you - deal with it.

Are you serious? :lol

This is a discussion forum, I was telling you why I, and others think he's overrated. You got cornered, changed your angle and started running in circles. Believe what you want, it IS your opinion. :)

We are a horrible shit team without Ibra.

Long time Yazan! You're a Milan fan too right?

So. That Ibra goal. I'm not missing him at all. At all.
OHJESUSCHRISTJUSTCOMEBACKPLEASE :'(

But yeah, I always saw him as a player that usually performs badly in important matches, in the two years that he has played with us he only scored in one big game, vs Inter (and it was a penalty. Of course). Imo, there are way better players around the world when it comes down to important matches.

Edit: he also scored vs Napoli twice that year. Again, one of those was a pen. His second year was pretty poor though, only scored against small teams. Not saying that's not important of course, but against Juve he was pretty useless.

Moobabe

Are you serious? :lol

This is a discussion forum, I was telling you why I, and others think he's overrated. You got cornered, changed your angle and started running in circles. Believe what you want, it IS your opinion. :)

I'm not changing my angle - what other angle is there on "he's world class"?

I poked a bit of fun at you guys about Mourinho, sure, but I think he's comfortably one of the best players in terms of technique out there. And how am I cornered? Or running in circles? Lol

Clegg

Liverpool wouldn't sell Suarez in January. They wouldn't be able to find a suitable replacement in time.

The only plus from selling him in January would be the opportunity to hike up his price tag. He's on a 5 year contract so they could realistically ask for £40m-50m.

Moobabe

Liverpool wouldn't sell Suarez in January. They wouldn't be able to find a suitable replacement in time.

The only plus from selling him in January would be the opportunity to hike up his price tag. He's on a 5 year contract so they could realistically ask for £40m-50m.

I hope he doesn't go - he's a top player and the league is better off having him in it.

Feorax

If the club decides to sell without him wanting to go, I'm going to stop supporting Liverpool and find another club to support.

Just saying.

Just seen the Daily Post headline. If it's true, apparently Man City are going to bid £40 million.

There are not enough lol's in the world. Given how reliant on him we are, the fact that he is our only recognised forward, in the best form
we've seen him in for LFC, and the fact that he signed a new deal only 6 months ago, £40 million is nowhere near enough (unless that is in addition to Aguero coming our way, then we may have to consider it).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm not changing my angle - what other angle is there on "he's world class"?

I poked a bit of fun at you guys about Mourinho, sure, but I think he's comfortably one of the best players in terms of technique out there. And how am I cornered? Or running in circles? Lol

You know my opinion. :p Discuss it with the others now. ;)

I'm responding to you because you're responding to me - and yes, it seems there's a few people who think he bottles big games, but some people think Ronaldo does as well.

I think Ronaldo is better than Messi as well if you want to kick off about that.

So the 4 of you? :p
Don't know about other teams but if you ask any interista they'll tell you the same thing.
He could have been fighting for the balon d'or with Messi and Ronaldo if he just didn't shit himself in every important match.

PJX

Just seen the Daily Post headline. If it's true, apparently Man City are going to bid £40 million.

There are not enough lol's in the world. Given how reliant on him we are, the fact that he is our only recognised forward, in the best form
we've seen him in for LFC, and the fact that he signed a new deal only 6 months ago, £40 million is nowhere near enough (unless that is in addition to Aguero coming our way, then we may have to consider it).

The story is probably LOLs but after the Torres debacle, can never be too sure with the football world business side of things.

Yen

If Suarez was to leave, would he not want to join a big club? Anyway, I think the story is BS. Maybe City willl try and sign him, but we won't sell, and I don't think Suarez would leave.

Moobabe

You know my opinion :p Discuss it with the others now. ;)

I respect your opinion man, you seem a cool guy and you're a top poster. If it weren't for you my knowledge of the italian league this year would be minimal.

I know what it's like having a player that people outside your club like/despise but you've a completely different opinion about them. But I'm a Chelsea fan - so everyone hates all of our players apart from Mata :p

Top Bottom