• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Zabojnik

Looks like we finally signed dat striker.

25284cda-6b7d-462a-8165-37d34ac895be.jpg

NICKY B! <3 At least he's funny compared to Elia.

It's becoming pretty clear that Bender was sponsored by Lapo.

Arnie

I'm not too irate about results, without trying to sound too ridiculous. There are few teams who've outplayed us this season, and we should've won much more than we have, and probably would have if our strike force wasn't so depleted/young. January can't come soon enough, but I'm more than happy with the job Rodgers has done since coming in, with the team he has available.

I'd rather be striving forwards with a clear goal than flopping between inconsistent performances, styles, and shapes, unaware of what we're going to get each week.

I'm not too irate about results, without trying to sound too ridiculous. There are few teams who've outplayed us this season, and we should've won much more than we have, and probably would have if our strike force wasn't so depleted/young. January can't come soon enough, but I'm more than happy with the job Rodgers has done since coming in, with the team he has available.

I'd rather be striving forwards with a clear goal than flopping between inconsistent performances, styles, and shapes, unaware of what we're going to get each week.

I agree completely btw, just hope that FSG stay true to their word regarding this season's aims. I don't think Kenny really had a plan, unfortunately

Arnie

I agree completely btw, just hope that FSG stay true to their word regarding this season's aims. I don't think Kenny really had a plan, unfortunately

Oh, sure they will. In terms of what Rodgers has done this is exactly what they asked for. We're building a clear philosphy through the club and integrating youth into the first team setup. Not only that but we've played well this season, despite what the table might say. Errors will be ironed out, quality will be added to the squad, and the team will grow.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What's our injured players' status?

1589_9032002010830.jpg

Can't get hyped with Shakthar around the corner. :/

As it stands, Vidal, Chiellini and Caceres. Let's wait for the call ups. :/

I don't know why, but I'm not too worried about Shakhtar. Surely we can play for the win, defensively?

Timurid

TIMMY
0-0 written all over it
Well, if we play the same way we played against Fiorentina. We easily have a chance of winning! I think Glik is available for the derby. We conceded the two goals after Glik was taken off. Plus, you guys have no striker.
Quag is a fucking bitch.
We will get a point at the least. Unless, a miracle penalty for juve happens...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^ Football is dead
Well, if play the same way we played against Fiorentina, we easily have a chance of winning! I think Glik is available for the derby. We conceded the two goals after Glik was taken off. Plus, you guys have no striker.
Quag is a fucking bitch.
We will get a point at the least. Unless, a miracle penalty for juve happens...

Oh yes, because we get those a lot.
iVBW2w4Y1lR85.gif

Jin_7

At this rate Dortmund should just focus on the CL (except they beat Bayern this Saturday). Getting a spot in the BuLi top 3 is enough.
I'll even hand Neverkusen their favorite 2nd place and endure Schalke one spot below us. :p

Finally synched up my PS3 and TV's surround sound. Sounds gooooood.

On Bravias, is there any way of leaving the headphones plugged in, and selecting it from a list of audio outputs rather than having to plu and unplug when you want to use them?

Now to get a PC connected to this bitch

Shame I can;t control the volume from the TV remote, but oh well

Clegg

IMO Dortmund have been the most impressive team in this years CL.

But it looks like their squad isn't big enough to make a challenge for both the CL and the Bundesliga.

Zabojnik

Finally synched up my PS3 and TV's surround sound. Sounds gooooood.

On Bravias, is there any way of leaving the headphones plugged in, and selecting it from a list of audio outputs rather than having to plu and unplug when you want to use them?

Now to get a PC connected to this bitch

Shame I can;t control the volume from the TV remote, but oh well

Bravias are so 2008.
I know, because I have one. Fuck Samsung! At least until I decide I need a new TV.

IMO Dortmund have been the most impressive team in this years CL.

But it looks like their squad isn't big enough to make a challenge for both the CL and the Bundesliga.

I wouldn't say it like that. We're no team like Bayern/Barca/etc. yet, but we're on a good way.

Last season, we tried to give all in every single match, that didn't work out and we dropped out of Europe. In the second half of the season with now only one match a week, it worked perfectly. We outclassed Bayern who were playing a very good Bundeliga season, too.

This season, we're figuring out how and when to rest during matches to get good results in CL and the Bundesliga. Obviously that's not working perfectly yet and with big teams like Real and Ajax in CL, we focused on those matches a bit more than on the Bundesliga and dropped points, see the Hamburg, Stuttgart and Hannover match for example. Same for Tuesday, looked like we could do Düsseldorf the easy way and we didn't do enough. Conceded the 1-1 but the good thing is we gave everything after that again. That's pretty damn hard, going from just waiting for the time to get by to give everything and score. Großkreutz should have scored and it could have worked.

That's the next step we're on now and I'm perfectly fine with it, none of our players has that experience nor does Klopp. We don't need to win the league every year, that's Bayern.

LegoArmo

Just started Dishonoured, opening sequence is up there with BioShock for that "this game is going to be amazing" feel right off the bat.

bud

top three in europe at the moment?

1] barca
2] bayern
3] madrid when they're not so bad, but right now? i don't know.

Timurid

1] barca
2] bayern

I thought you were going to say juve lol. I agree with the top 2 picks, but 3rd should go to Dortmund atm. If they are able keep their form to the knockout round, they can easily get to the final and win it. Madrid on the other hand has been shit lately, but if they become madrid that everyone knows then they can go to the final.

Clegg

1] barca
2] bayern

I'd agree with the first two but Dortmund completely outplayed Madrid in both group matches.

They also shat on City and should have won by 5.

Yen

They've started showing the Sopranos on Sky Anytime.

Mint.

Do you know if its possible to put something on series record on Anytime? I've never really used that feature, apart from the odd movie (but we dropped movies anyway)

Top Bottom