• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You did?
ihC0XDVSUMHaf.gif
... :(

Meier

I know and understand why so many people laugh at Liverpool but I think they're only about 2 decent transfers away from being much better. They have some very talented youngsters and I think Rodgers has done a pretty decent job personally.

Scum

I know and understand why so many people laugh at Liverpool but I think they're only about 2 decent transfers away from being much better. They have some very talented youngsters and I think Rodgers has done a pretty decent job personally.

A ST and AM LRC.

Yeah I agree, they've been unlucky quite a few times this season.

Cuddler

Just to point out, don't let the clocks speeds make you think the Wii U is shit, far from it.
Yes, obviously the CPU clocks speeds are not the most important thing. The WII U is basically exactly what I was expecting, I was just really surprised by how slow the CPU clock is.
That sounds terribad :/ Fucking Nintendo.
I think the gamepad and its cost has kept the specs for the hardware low, they probably want to launch with a "low" price, probably that was impossible to have with the gamepad and better specs, they are already losing money on it.

Arnie

tumblr_mb4bd66yQn1rdt5pho1_500.gif

Somebody convince me that Messi should NOT get the crown. I want to see you try and do the mental gymnastics...go on I dare you!

He's won it before

¬¬

Was Spain's performance in the Euro final the best of all time in a major international final? Utter domination from start to finish

Zabojnik

Best Pepe injured yet again. This is getting ridiculous. He's basically going to lose half the season for what was supposed to be a minor summer nuisance. We need his speed, tremendous work rate and goals.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Best Pepe injured yet again. This is getting ridiculous. He's basically going to lose half the season for what was supposed to be a minor summer nuisance. We need his speed & tremendous work rate and goals.
What exactly is wrong with him I honestly still don't know?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Italian broadcaster Rai have sacked their journalist who said you could tell Napoli fans "from their smell".

Clegg

Why did he blast Rodgers? Because he played Downing at left back?

He talked about Liverpool's poor record this season and how they're not much better off than they were at this time last year.

He also said he came across as a very weird character in the Being Liverpool show.

Arnie

Is Football Weekly more harsh on Liverpool than any other club? I wouldn't have thought so.

I stopped listening after a few shows back to back that were just ridiculously short in their opinion of Liverpool, an opinion which amounted to little more than :lolerpool. That's a fine avenue to take here, but I'd rather not opt in to it in my spare time when there's better shows to listen to.

He talked about Liverpool's poor record this season and how they're not much better off than they were at this time last year.

He also said he came across as a very weird character in the Being Liverpool show.

Then he's thick. If you analyse how the team's performed and how it's organised then there's a clear distinction from last year. Again, if I'd heard such a comment I'd have turned the show off immediately. If I want blunt, ill-informed discussion with little context then I'll get it from far more readily available sources.

He was a bit weird in Being Liverpool, though.

Liverpool have only won 3 games out of 14 this season in the PL.

I think Rodgers is doing alright really...but 3 wins in 14 really is a bad record.

Salvadora

I stopped listening after a few shows back to back that were just ridiculously short in their opinion of Liverpool, an opinion which amounted to little more than :lolerpool. That's a fine avenue to take here, but I'd rather not opt in to it in my spare time when there's better shows to listen to.

It's unfortunate that they are pretty short on opinion for any clubs really, the Arsenal talk is so little it seems each episode.

Wonder if its a case of Rodgers' age going against him. Our performances have been fine, so he clearly knows what he's doing in terms of setting the team up, tactical changes and lineups. But without a history of success, he's in the firing line for dipshit comments like that.

Hodgson, for instance, would never have been called a charlatan, even though his actions at Liverpool were positively ameteurish

Meier

Rodgers did come across as weird. The face touching thing is unusual and did him no favors.. but I would think most people feel like they're playing better even if their record isn't great yet. It's a new system which takes time but the players seem to be buying into it where that doesn't happen sometimes (i.e. last year for Chelsea).

Arnie

Liverpool have only won 3 games out of 14 this season in the PL.

I think Rodgers is doing alright really...but 3 wins in 14 really is a bad record.

It is a bad league record. And there's the camp that say 'hur hur Rodgers is shit, I want Pep, snake merchant' etc, and then there's the camp that look at what's actually contributing to that. Using that statistic to argue the former is just poor, to me.

Clegg

Bent wouldn't really suit Liverpool imo. They need another goalscorer but also a forward that could contribute to their play outside of the 18 yard box.

I reckon QPR might be in for him.

The impression I got of Rodgers from Being Liverpool was that he is a very self assured, but he came across as arrogant and actually a little bit pretentious also.

That is probably harsh especially because the show was obviously designed to be very...dramatic.

But yeah I don't think he came across well.

Top Bottom