• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Clegg

Sexy+managers+calender+-+Roberto+Mancini

Another round of beautifully red, the Anderson edition.

ibfOFdQlqz3N0H.gif

iS9Dig0iM0Vuu.gif

ixJASTLx1qo2d.gif

Don't actually think he played THAT well yesterday, still needs to do alot more. At one point he misplaced a pass and Steve McManaman said on commentary "it's not like him to give it away".

I don't know if he was taking the piss but he sounded serious lol.

Meier

One of the guys at work mentioned that Jimmy's strike was on SportsCenter this morning. Always nice to hear and a rarity.

Clegg

Ando has been our best CM this season.

I'll be rather happy if he can keep the decent form up. He needs to get fitter though. And no more injuries plz.

rodvik

I stopped listening after a few shows back to back that were just ridiculously short in their opinion of Liverpool, an opinion which amounted to little more than :lolerpool. That's a fine avenue to take here, but I'd rather not opt in to it in my spare time when there's better shows to listen to.

Then he's thick. If you analyse how the team's performed and how it's organised then there's a clear distinction from last year. Again, if I'd heard such a comment I'd have turned the show off immediately. If I want blunt, ill-informed discussion with little context then I'll get it from far more readily available sources.

He was a bit weird in Being Liverpool, though.

Its a great show. Barry was just funning Rodgers and you have to admit he did come across as a bit odd in the TV show.

Football weekly has been making fun of just about every team as far as I can remember. They really had the axes out for ManU this time last season.

If anything in todays show they put the boot in harshest on Sunderland (a team 3 pts below Liverpool with a game in hand).

I wouldnt take it personal against Liverpool.

Ando has been our best CM this season.

I'll be rather happy if he can keep the decent form up. He needs to get fitter though. And no more injuries plz.
I dunno if we can say he's been the best of them because he hasn't played much at all, but yeah his last 4/5 appearances have all been promising and there's more positives from him than anybody else, that's for sure.

I thought fitness wise he actually did okay yesterday. Worked hard and was always involved and he didn't look as gassed as he usually does by the time he comes off.

It would be good if he started again on the weekend but yeah I really don't see that.

pulga

Banned
So I was driving back to work and this came on:

j0QSfgPYRTftF.jpg

I almost crashed right when Wilbz started going on about someone's coarse, gardner hands. :lol :lol How the fuck did this get on my ipod?!

Its a great show. Barry was just funning Rodgers and you have to admit he did come across as a bit odd in the TV show.

Football weekly has been making fun of just about every team as far as I can remember. They really had the axes out for ManU this time last season.

If anything in todays show they put the boot in harshest on Sunderland (a team 3 pts below Liverpool with a game in hand).

I wouldnt take it personal against Liverpool.
Football Weekly has never been a deep and insightful show anyway.

It's a great review of the weeks football from a very casual and funny viewpoint. They do make genuine and good points on it also of course, but they always get side tracked and focus on some of the crazier moments of the week.

I think it's still as good as ever. Don't think they're harsher on any one side at all.

Poor THQ trying to squeeze out the last little money they can.

They'll collapse and Volition will get scooped up by someone else and we can continue getting our Saint's Row deliciousness. They have plenty of assets they will be able to sell, and those assets will be fine. It's just the shell that will disappear.

Clegg

I dunno if we can say he's been the best of them because he hasn't played much at all, but yeah his last 4/5 appearances have all been promising and there's more positives from him than anybody else, that's for sure.

I thought fitness wise he actually did okay yesterday. Worked hard and was always involved and he didn't look as gassed as he usually does by the time he comes off.

It would be good if he started again on the weekend but yeah I really don't see that.

Our other midfielders haven't been that good though. Carrick started off sluggishly, Scholes doesn't have the legs for 90 minutes and is a red card threat, Giggs is Giggs, Clev has only been average, and Fletch has played less than Ando.

I know he hasn't played that often but his performances still put him above everyone else.

This may sound like an asshole comment, but everyone should spend a lot of money on this and give it to THQ. Let's try to save that damn company!

I don't really like their games all that much and I won't spend more than I spend for average indie games, sorry :|
Indies > THQ

/edit
Oh, and thanks for posting, PrematureQuiche.

They'll collapse and Volition will get scooped up by someone else and we can continue getting our Saint's Row deliciousness. They have plenty of assets they will be able to sell, and those assets will be fine. It's just the shell that will disappear.

You make it sound so nice and easy, but I'm kind of worried about if something like company of heroes is going to survive with any other publisher and if Volition will get even close to the creative freedom they had with SR3 with EA or Ubi.

You make it sound so nice and easy, but I'm kind of worried about if something like company of heroes is going to survive with any other publisher and if Volition will get even close to the creative freedom they had with SR3 with EA or Ubi.

Well, obviously the concept of what could and probably will happen is easy enough to present, but I do worry about Volition's creative freedom as well. Based on the little I know of the three big companies, EA is the only company that worries me from that stand point. I also think CoH is a big enough brand that it should survive. Same with Relic.

But let's be honest, I have very little idea what I'm talking about. Maybe we will see Valve purchase Volition!

Scum

Someone like EA. Then it all goes wrong. D:

I loved Saints Row the Third! It was very close with Portal 2 for my GOTY last year! Had so much fun playing that. Going to replay it with a friend on PC after completing it on 360 first time.

Carbonox

I think Alex Morgan could start for a Premier League team or two. Her three goals last night were excellent.

Only so John Terry can mark her during a corner and finger her bumhole from behind whilst Ashley Cole fingers her snatch from the front. Football will have never seen a sandwich like it before.

Womans football is alright now. I went to Japan vs. France in the Olympics and it was a great game with Japan trying so hard to get back into that game! Such a fun game to watch.

GolazoDan

Currently engaging in a Twitter discussion about awesome PS2 local co-op games. Nightfire and Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, HELL YEAH. Bring back local co-op, make that popular again.

pulga

Banned
AAAAND THE NOMINEES FOR LATINO OF THE YEAR (MLS) GO TOOOO:

Latino-del-Ano_bigphoto_homearticle.jpg

Wooo! Two Hondurans! Hopefully Wigan will sign Roger Espinoza!

I always thought he was eating tobacco :lol :lol

Also, they've literally copied and pasted NSMB on the Wii and made it HD to go on the Wii U. Pathetic.

What the fuck man, the backgrounds are freaking gorgeous.

Top Bottom