• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Yeah, Looper is a pretty good sci-fi. In certain scenes you get the feeling that it lacks ambition (budget), but if it were a major Hollywood release then it would have been a different (shitty) movie.

/does City want to compete in EL or will they field a reserve team against us on Tuesday?
If it were an away game, Klopp would probably go with a lot of sub players, but since we don't want to lose a home game, it will probably be just 1-2.
Good for Ajax.

confuziz

Banned
Yeah, Looper is a pretty good sci-fi. In certain scenes you get the feeling that it lacks ambition (budget), but if it were a major Hollywood release then it would have been a different (shitty) movie.

Never had that feeling tbh. Maybe it's because I watch a lot of 'non-hollywood' films =P.

JGL is incredible as a 'young' bruce willis. Exact same expressions, sayings. Just beautiful.

By the way. A few days ago someone said I should watch Brick. good movie as well. Kid Blue (Noah Segan) is an antagonist (to JGL) in that movie too, nice touch.

Blablurn

2,h=343.bild.jpeg

Nyx

Never had that feeling tbh. Maybe it's because I watch a lot of 'non-hollywood' films =P.

JGL is incredible as a 'young' bruce willis. Exact same expressions, sayings. Just beautiful.

By the way. A few days ago someone said I should watch Brick. good movie as well. Kid Blue (Noah Segan) is an antagonist (to JGL) in that movie too, nice touch.

It's a great movie, the only complaint I have is the lack of shooting-skills of most of the people in it.

At one point JGL was hanging from fire-escape stairs and some dude was only a few meters away shooting JGL from a window, and he missed completely.

Even someone without any shooting-experience would have hit him at least once.

Just nitpicking I guess though.

confuziz

Banned
It's a great movie, the only complaint I have is the lack of shooting-skills of most of the people in it.

At one point JGL was hanging from fire-escape stairs and some dude was only a few meters away shooting JGL from a window, and he missed completely.

Even someone without any shooting-experience would have hit him at least once.

Just nitpicking I guess though.

Haha yeah. On the other hand you could say they are only accustomed to shooting short-ranged (non-moving) targets ;)

Hixx

"Unemployed Liam said: “People have got it all wrong. I wasn’t doing a monkey chant. I was doing a chicken dance.

“I’m devastated people think I’m racist. I have black friends and black cousins.

“If I was racist, I wouldn’t pay to watch Sunderland because they have black players.”"

Do not know whether to laugh or cry

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pirlo was asked what his beard was all about. “It wasn’t bothering me in the summer so I let it grow. Now I don’t waste time shaving!”

Pirlo-majestic-beard_training_FEATURED-500x250.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
AVB says he hopes to have Parker and Assou-Ekotto back in full first-team training next week.

tumblr_ma2lsfpiTs1r5jtugo1_500.gif

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen BAE
Sandro Parker
Dembele
Lennon Adebayor Bale

Bench: Friedel, Caulker, Naughton, Huddlestone, Dempsey, Sigurdsson, Defoe

Younes is the only one missing from the dream team now.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Did you just draw up a formation AND the subs bench?!

YES DAMMIT

It's been 4 months and I still haven't seen anything close to our best matchday squad. Just typing it out makes me a bit dizzy. Obviously if I had to include Obertan on mine I'd be a bit tetchy.

Salazar

Did you just draw up a formation AND the subs bench?!

Dry your eyes.

I'd vaguely like to see us do this against Reading. Or Cluj - bearing in mind the apparent likelihood of Vidic coming in.

----------------DDG
Jones---Smalling--Evans--Büttner
----------Clev------Ando
---------------Powell
-----Chicha---Welbz---Rooney

Let's not go through the motions of wing play if we're not going to actually get anything out of it.

Nyx

Yeah let's do a formation-page!

--------------------------Ruiter-----------------------

van der Maarel--van der Hoorn--Wuytens---Zullo

--------------------------Kali--------------------------

Sarota--------------------------------------------Oar

--------------------------Asare------------------------

-----------------Mulenga------Gerndt-----------------

For the match against mighty AZ Alkmaar this Sunday.

xintin

Probable Chelsea formation for the weekend.

-------------Cech
Defense--Full--Of--Lols
--------No--Midfield
Hazard--PL Oscar*--Mata
---------HAHAHAH

edit - * because PL and CL Oscar are two different people I swear.

Hixx

Well that was awkward. Someone wanted me to stick something on their USB for them and when I opened it there was a redtube file they had tried to download
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Also first silverware of the season up for grabs on sunday - friendly cup. Us and Norwich are so shit we created our own cup.

Kenka

The president of the Russian Premier League has said that the leaders of the top clubs have approached him about the idea of creating something similar to the old Soviet Top League i.e. have clubs from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus etc in one league.

Would be so awesome, get it done bases Gazprom. We need Shakhtar to boost dat coefficient asap.
B..b..b..but you said not even two months ago that no team would adhere to this idea 0_o

I sure as Jupiter wants a Soviet League. Dinamo Minsk to win the treble!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Reina
Kelly Skrtel Agger Johnson
Lucas Allen Suso
Sterling Suarez Borini

I'd like that
What about:

K S A J
L A S
Sterling Suarez
Borini

A 4321. It suits Borini more. Hmm, but at this point I'd continue with whatever is working with Suarez tbh.

Wilbur

Banned
Jamie Jackson has it in for Ando.

Eh. On one hand I agree with him and Viva in that he wasn't like a fucking impressive driving force behind our victory, but I'd still rather have him than the rest of our midfielders at the moment. A few gorgeous passes as well.

Blablurn

I like how every Bayern fan is happy that wont play tmw. i'm not expecting much from the game but robben missing is certainly a good thing.

fuenf

I like how every Bayern fan is happy that wont play tmw. i'm not expecting much from the game but robben missing is certainly a good thing.

I've nothing against him this season but he single-handedly costs us both games last season. I'm still mad at Jupp's decision to start him in the first game against Dortmund last season, after he was out for two weeks. At least Jupp is learning from his mistakes.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Uneducated observation but current Robben strikes me as a big game flop, correct? Unleash him on terrible defenders and he'll do some damage.

Blablurn

I've nothing against him this season but he single-handedly costs us both games last season. I'm still mad at Jupp's decision to start him in the first game against Dortmund last season, after he was out for two weeks. At least Jupp is learning from his mistakes.

lol, yeah. and i guess if u dont learn from last seasons mistakes, you will never learn :D

Feorax

A 4321. It suits Borini more. Hmm, but at this point I'd continue with whatever is working with Suarez tbh.

I feel bad for Borini and Yesil. Both are obviously quality players, and rightly well respected in their home countries.

Unfortunately, I think our lack of depth upfront, as well as the impact Suso and Sterling have had coming into the first team has put a great deal of unecessary expectation and pressure on both of them.

Top Bottom