• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

dc89

So 3DS outsold Vita 47-1 in Japan last week - partly due to Animal Crossing.

I saw this and loved it:

MeanwhileAtNintendo.gif

Zabojnik

At least Messi spells his name correctly (with an I instead of Y)

"Messi was born in Rosario, Santa Fe Province, to parents Jorge Horácio Messi, a factory steel worker, and Celia María Cuccittini, a part-time cleaner. His paternal family originates from the Italian city of Ancona, from which his ancestor, Angelo Messi, emigrated to Argentina in 1883."

Dat italian bloodline.

Hypothetical talk time:

-Your club is in sudden financial problems, no money available for transfers
-Messi reveals that he wants to move to your club
-Barca will not settle for anything less than £100million
-Your club announces that it only wants Messi, and needs the fans to pay for him

How much would you pay, out of you own pocket, to have Messi playing for you?

Kenka

Vita is dead, so dead. But we have seen strange resurrections, so there is a possibility we witness a quantum jump from the grave to above the surface. But hey, who am I kidding.

Hypothetical talk time:

-Your club is in sudden financial problems, no money available for transfers
-Messi reveals that he wants to move to your club
-Barca will not settle for anything less than £100million
-Your club announces that it only wants Messi, and needs the fans to pay for him

How much would you pay, out of you own pocket, to have Messi playing for you?
First I would check how many socios the club has, and if there is hope, I'll pay the expected median fee/socio, up to 81£ I would say. But that would mean the club has 1.2 million socios at the very least.

FootballFan

Dear lord, people are now arguing that being attracted to almost 18 year old Victoria Justice is creepier than pony loving?

Yawn those same people calling everyone creepy are the same ones who would be posting "so hot" "omg would smang" if wiki said she was 25.

Legal age here is 16, just in case lol.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ibrahimovic: "That's the way it is with the English. If you score against them you're a good player, if you don't score against them you're not a good player, I remember Lionel Messi before the 2009 Champions League Final. Then he scored against Manchester United and suddenly he was the best player in the world.

"Maybe now they'll say something like that about me. Hart was a long way out and I was just trying to get it into the goal. I was on the ground when it was on the way in"

He's right isn't he?

FootballFan

"Messi was born in Rosario, Santa Fe Province, to parents Jorge Horácio Messi, a factory steel worker, and Celia María Cuccittini, a part-time cleaner. His paternal family originates from the Italian city of Ancona, from which his ancestor, Angelo Messi, emigrated to Argentina in 1883."

Dat italian bloodline.

He was talking about GAF-Messi I believe :lol

faridmon

What does Ibra have to do to get some decent acknowledgment? So many fucking haters in this Thread and 99% is just irrational.

Ibra is the best striker this gen and one of the best players if not the best player in the world.

He's right isn't he?

About himself? Yes
About Messi? No

The few people who didn't think Messi was the best in the world in 2009 were just trying to convince themselves that the Premier League had the best player in the world, and that Man Utd had a chance in the final

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
About himself? Yes
About Messi? No

The few people who didn't think Messi was the best in the world in 2009 were just trying to convince themselves that the Premier League had the best player in the world, and that Man Utd had a chance in the final

Of course he's wrong about Messi :lol I meant on the English press.

FootballFan

What does Ibra have to do to get some decent acknowledgment? So many fucking haters in this Thread and 99% is just irrational.

Ibra is the best striker this gen and one of the best players if not the best player in the world.

Let's not go too far. He was great against England and has done incredible things but nope.

Countless, countless players I would take over him. (Don't make me list them lol)

faridmon

Let's not go too far. He was great against England and has done incredible things but nope.

Very few strikers have the techniques he has. He was great against England? What a conceding thing to say. He does that most of the time.Hyperbole aside, I would really put him up there amongst the best.
Bloody Hell, I don't think anyone will be convinced about so I 'll just keep it to myself from now on, It’s really infuriating to read some of the comments here. Enough about Ibra with you lot!

Anyway, Osman had a great debut, but I hope he never plays again. I don't another Everton player tired because of internationals. God knows we need rests as the depth is not there.

Very few strikers have the techniques he has. He was great against England? What a conceding thing to say. He does that most of the time.Hyperbole aside, I would really put him up there amongst the best.

Bloody Hell, I don't think anyone will be convinced about so I 'll just keep it to myself from now on, It’s really infuriating to read some of the comments here.

Sorry, but he's a multitude of levels below Messi and Ronaldo. Not thinking he's the best in the world is hardly underrating him.

FootballFan

I said he was great against England, didn't say it was the only good thing he has ever done..

Read my posts from earlier, as I said, Ibra is a fantastic player, but he isn't as good as his fans say he is.

Just because I don't think he is one of the best doesn't mean I am saying he is useless/shit.

I rate Ibra on the same level as Mata, RVP, Falcao, Ozil etc. Damn amazing but not the best.

jorma

is now taking requests

Countless, countless players I would take over him. (Don't make me list them lol)

I suspect that list with "countless" players would make you look rather silly, because it wont contain a bunch of players who carried their leauge winning teams for a decade.

Where he goes, he wins. It's undeniable.

Kyoufu

I swear. Whenever someone does something good/incredible, Football-GAF immediately jumps on the "OMFG HE'S THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE/WORLD!!!!!!!!1" bandwagon.

We are so reactionary. lol

Carbonox

Your mum.

In other news, I received Prometheus on Blu-Ray for my Birthday. I saw it in the cinema so it was good to see it again. I still enjoy it despite its problems. However, I took a look at the deleted scenes and there's one that I'm completely and utterly shocked as to why it wasn't added in the final film - the 'Engineer speaks' scene. Pretty much explains why the Engineers were being JT's. :lol

Silly Ridley Scott.

Kyoufu

Your mum.

In other news, I received Prometheus on Blu-Ray for my Birthday. I saw it in the cinema so it was good to see it again. I still enjoy it despite its problems. However, I took a look at the deleted scenes and there's one that I'm completely and utterly shocked as to why it wasn't added in the final film - the 'Engineer speaks' scene. Pretty much explains why the Engineers were being JT's. :lol

Silly Ridley Scott.

Sounds like I need to get the Blu Ray!

Zabojnik

His dribbling and ball control is exceptional for a player of his height. His main problem(s) is mostly psychological.

In a way, Ibra's strenghts are also his shortcomings. He (pre)tends to be the sole attacking terminal in every team he joins and because he's such an imposing figure
or asshole, if you prefer,
managers usually cave in to his demands. "It's my way or the highway." What then happens is that, because he's such a beast of a player, both physically and technically, you'll him literally rip apart smaller / shittier teams' defenses. They may try to stop him by marking him with two or more mediocre defenders, but that'll just create space for players like Nocerino or Boateng, who suddenly turn into world-class midfielders. All thanks to Ibra's work up front.

However, put on him a player like Chiellini, one that matches Ibra's physique and is overall a quality defender and plays in a highly organized team, and Ibra disappears. Sometimes completely.

Carbonox

SO FootballFan, I might be going to NZ in early Feb!
MXGaF.gif

Why!? In spoiler tags just in case. :p

You know the scene where Weyland and co wake the Engineer? It's basically that but extended. When David talks to the Engineer, the Engineer actually responds (with this epic booming voice might I add) asking why he was woken up or why are they there. Weyland says that he created David in the image of himself and that by going even further he wishes to become a God like the Engineers. The Engineer's basically WTF you silly cretin and then rips David's head off as per the scene and does all the killing. The jist of it is that the Engineers most likely realised a long time ago that humanity has become too big for its boots - evident by our sudden interest in space travel and trying to become like the Engineers in terms of the power of creation, etc. Not to mention finding the Engineers and their stock of bio-weapons. So their only solution is to wipe us out.

Makes complete sense tbh. :lol

I need an answer here. Will I be able to tell if my blood clot is dislodges, or can it happen without me realising? How do I prevent it from happening? Once its gone, is it gone for good or can a new one form?

Fuck wisdom teeth. I feel okay in terms of the pain and my energy is coming back, but I'm worried about fucingup the recovery process by swallowing too often and eating food which is too hard. Doesn't seem to have swelled yet, hopefully I can avoid that part

Carbonox

I need an answer here. Will I be able to tell if my blood clot is dislodges, or can it happen without me realising? How do I prevent it from happening? Once its gone, is it gone for good or can a new one form?

Fuck wisdom teeth. I feel okay in terms of the pain and my energy is coming back, but I'm worried about fucingup the recovery process by swallowing too often and eating food which is too hard. Doesn't seem to have swelled yet, hopefully I can avoid that part

Did your hole get sewn up? Makes it harder for any issues to occur with the clot but I'm sure you will tell if it did dislodge. Supposed to be more painful due to the socket drying up.

I ate soup (this makes no sense as you technically drink it :lol) for a couple of days before I was able to start eating more solid stuff. Stick with that until the weekend and then hit up softer solid foods.

You should be fine. It's actually far easier than I thought recovery-wise. Within a week I was puffing away on smokes again.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Thanks Carbonox!!!
In a way, Ibra's strenghts are also his shortcomings. He (pre)tends to be the sole attacking terminal in every team he joins and because he's such an imposing figure
or asshole, if you prefer,
managers usually cave in to his demands. "It's my way or the highway." What then happens is that, because he's such a beast of a player, both physically and technically, you'll him literally rip apart smaller / shittier teams' defenses. They may try to stop him by marking him with two or more mediocre defenders, but that'll just create space for players like Nocerino or Boateng, who suddenly turn into world-class midfielders. All thanks to Ibra's work up front.

However, put on him a player like Chiellini, one that matches Ibra's physique and is overall a quality defender and plays in a highly organized team, and Ibra disappears. Sometimes completely.

Oh man, I'll miss Chiellini vs Ibra so much.

AkDBd.jpg

Did your hole get sewn up? Makes it harder for any issues to occur with the clot but I'm sure you will tell if it did dislodge. Supposed to be more painful due to the socket drying up.

I ate soup (this makes no sense as you technically drink it :lol) for a couple of days before I was able to start eating more solid stuff. Stick with that until the weekend and then hit up softer solid foods.

You should be fine. It's actually far easier than I thought recovery-wise. Within a week I was puffing away on smokes again.

Cheers. I have a stock of Tomato soup and Super Noodlesto minimise chewing, and made sure to rinse my mouth with Kyoufu's salty fluid after my Cheerios. I read somewhere that eating hot food can cause complications to the blood-flow and clotting. Can I at least have warm food?

Also, my Mum's getting some Weetabix as it requires no chewing whatsoever. I fear that it could be too grainy, and will easily get caught in my moist little hole though.

Did you have the unpleasant pulling sensation whenever you swallowed? If you did, is it harmless or is it pulling against my stitches/clot?

edit: Is it my bias speaking, or does football provide the best gifs? Best acopella, best for editing, most variety, most lols

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
"They haven't trained with the team yet," said Villas-Boas. "They trained separately on Wednesday in a recovery session away from the team.

"We have to see how they return, see if there is any disturbance. Lennon had a scan on Wednesday and it's fine on his hamstring. We have to wait and see. They have had quite enough time to rest and recover.

"Dembele will not be back for this game.
There is a 50 per cent chance he will be ready to play Lazio on Thursday. At the moment surgery is out of the question - hopefully."

vader.jpg

Anyone wanna play MW2 PS3?

@Usho, what are your overall thougts on Dempsey and Sigurdsson so far. Have either been good enough? Do you have faith that they'll prove successful signings?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
@Usho, what are your overall thougts on Dempsey and Sigurdsson so far. Have either been good enough? Do you have faith that they'll prove successful signings?

Neither have really done enough yet, though I think both will come good. Gylfi is a modest young chap but he's talented, he has the ability of a Spurs player and he works hard, it just isn't quite clicking. Dempsey is much more sluggish and has far less ability on the ball, but he missed the entire pre-season and that's part of the reason he looks so naff at the moment. He's a poacher and he simply needs to work harder.

A big part of why they both look a bit crap is because they've been playing almost exclusively with Defoe. Even VDV struggled to play behind him because he is so greedy and struggles to hold the ball up. With Adebayor fit again and playing well, I think they'll both start to improve quickly. They just need time, the pressure of having to follow someone as good as VDV is obviously making them and the fans a bit edgy.

Neither have really done enough yet, though I think both will come good. Gylfi is a modest young chap but he's talented, he has the ability of a Spurs player and he works hard, it just isn't quite clicking. Dempsey is much more sluggish and has far less ability on the ball, but he missed the entire pre-season and that's part of the reason he looks so naff at the moment. He's a poacher and he simply needs to work harder.

A big part of why they both look a bit crap is because they've been playing almost exclusively with Defoe. Even VDV struggled to play behind him because he is so greedy and struggles to hold the ball up. With Adebayor fit again and playing well, I think they'll both start to improve quickly. They just need time, the pressure of having to follow someone as good as VDV is obviously making them and the fans a bit edgy.

How about loaning them to us while they find their form? :p

Carbonox

Cheers. I have a stock of Tomato soup and Super Noodlesto minimise chewing, and made sure to rinse my mouth with Kyoufu's salty fluid after my Cheerios. I read somewhere that eating hot food can cause complications to the blood-flow and clotting. Can I at least have warm food?

Also, my Mum's getting some Weetabix as it requires no chewing whatsoever. I fear that it could be too grainy, and will easily get caught in my moist little hole though.

Did you have the unpleasant pulling sensation whenever you swallowed? If you did, is it harmless or is it pulling against my stitches/clot?

edit: Is it my bias speaking, or does football provide the best gifs? Best acopella, best for editing, most variety, most lols

Warm food is what they recommended to me. Too hot and it will disrupt the healing. I just stuck with mild food to make it easier.

Yeah Weetabix is a bit risky I think. I was so worried about food bits I made sure the soup I got was pure mushroom or tomato soup without any bits in it.

When I swallowed, it felt weird because my tongue wasn't used to the new hold in my mouth so yeah you will feel as if something's pulling. Wouldn't worry about it though.

Even to this day I refuse to look in my mouth at the precise hole where my tooth was pulled. :lol I find the idea horrible. Though I remember when my wisdom tooth was cracked. Could see the innards of the tooth. D:

Top Bottom