• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Wilbur

Banned
Beach House's Bloom is probably the AOTY. I am pretty close to calling the race.

I think mine is David Byrne & St Vincent's Love This Giant off the top of my head is my favourite. I haven't heard too much, to be honest; I normally catch up on the year's music when I read all the end of year 'best ofs' because there's just so much of it, but of the few I've actually paid attention to, I really liked that one.

Allow me to veer slightly away from the topic I started, but Season 1 of The Wire has astoundingly fitting opening and closing credits. Shame they didn't keep it, and went with that Tom Waits tripe in the second season

fuck you bro

Tom Waits is incredible

Wilbur

Banned
Channel Orange was really good as well. Fiona Apple, Grizzly Bear and Death Grips were really good too. I haven't got round to Kendrick Lamar's yet.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Andres, few avatar ideas:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m89dabUovV1rcqwojo1_400.jpg

or: http://www.viruete.com/articulos/2009/dragonball_el_casting_espanol/Mr-Jose-Legra.jpg
KuGsj.gif

taringa is too much haha

had to whitify my avatar because Regulus is offended by dark people.

It is? I avoid it like a plague, cause, you know..it's always sucked ass. It's good now?

damn quoted the wrong post :lol

Last of the Mohicans is great. So is that one Dragonheart song.

lol at the Benzema insider!

Clegg

The song played during the ending credits of MGS 3 was particularly gut wrenching. You've just been hit with the revelations of the Boss' loyalty. You get the cutscene of Snake crying in the graveyard and then this...

Way to Fall

Fuck you Kojima.

Meier

The only Daniel Day-Lewis film I've ever watched is Gangs of New York. Shove that up your blowholes

You should rectify that post-haste. He's absolutely the best actor of his generation.

After you see My Left Foot and/or In The Name of the Father, watch Sheridan's In America as well. One of my favorites of the '00s. Paddy C. and Samantha Morton are amazing as are the kids.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
LOTM is a film I must re-watch.

It was on Netflix last time I checked, so good. Your avatar terrifies me. I don't know who that is but it reminds me of this:

1752091355_738b3a043d_o.jpg

They used these in the 90's in Duracell battery commercials. Couldn't find a better pic they're called the puttermans

EDIT: yeah DDL is god tier. He is the most versatile actor ever. Geoffrey Rush is good too but not as brilliant. I can't wait to see Lincoln!

eDIT2: had a shitload of coffee, ugh

Haven't heard the GTA III theme or the Vice City theme in years.

Cheers, Hitcher

Rockstar really dropped the ball with GTA4. Everything about the PS2 ones felt lovingly crafted, from the names to the mission design to the city layout to the cars to the music to the parodies to the insanity. None of that in 4, and I fear they'll fail to recapture it in 5

Even those themes are absolutely perfect for the mood of those games.

Get these damn soundtracks out of my discussion

edit: I had to wait for ages to play MGS3 because I couldn't handle the camera in the demo, so waited for Subsistence

Blablurn

i love the 20th anniversary boxset. i was so angry about myself that i didnt buy it when it came out... and then... one day when i was in tokyo... i saw it... and i grabbed it! sooo good.

kharma45

I can't believe I paid £45 for MGS: TTS on GC in the run-up to MGS4 in hindsight ;_;

It was on Netflix last time I checked, so good. Your avatar terrifies me. I don't know who that is but it reminds me of this:

1752091355_738b3a043d_o.jpg

They used these in the 90's in Duracell battery commercials. Couldn't find a better pic they're called the puttermans

EDIT: yeah DDL is god tier. He is the most versatile actor ever. Geoffrey Rush is good too but not as brilliant. I can't wait to see Lincoln!

eDIT2: had a shitload of coffee, ugh

US Netflix?

Hixx

I imported MGS3, that and RE4... Was I fuck waiting 6 months for pal release... Those were the days, eh?

JSR games have best soundtracks btw

Clegg

Final Fantasy 10 is my favourite game of the series.

I particularly like the opening theme is it produced the sense of melancholy and sadness that ran through the entire game.

To Zanarkand

Never played any Metal Gear Solid game except the demo of the first one on PSX, hated it. That intro song in Clegg's link is a pretty good James Bond theme pastiche though.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I can't believe I paid £45 for MGS: TTS on GC in the run-up to MGS4 in hindsight ;_;

US Netflix?

Yep but I havn't had netflix in a couple of months.

Confession time: I've never played for a meaningful amount of time any Final Fantasy or Metal Gear Solid.

I think I played 7 for 20 minutes (on ps3) and 8 for about 2 hours (also on ps3). 13 I played for a bit since the graphics were pretty and it had mad hype. Just had it for like a week when there used to be blockbusters around here. Man, I miss the blockbuster games pass so much ;_:

Meier

Final Fantasy 10 is my favourite game of the series.

I particularly like the opening theme is it produced the sense of melancholy and sadness that ran through the entire game.

To Zanarkand

It gets a lot of shit, but I loved it. Played through it 3 times and spent at least 50 hours all told on blitzball. :lol Yes, there are some cheesy moments as far as acting goes but it didn't stop it from being fantastic. Will re-buy on the Vita.

Clegg

I've never played a Final Fantasy. Never played MGS1 and 3, played the demo of 2 and finished 4.

I enjoyed the shit out of MGS 4 but it's probably the least great of the mainline games (there are no bad MGS games imo)

You really should play them.

MGS and Ass Creed have the best soundtracks in gaming imo.

Wilbur

Banned
I enjoyed the shit out of MGS 4 but it's probably the least great of the mainline games (there are no bad MGS games imo)

You really should play them.

Yeah, we have the HD collection and number 1 downloaded on the PS3. Will get round to it eventually.

Top Bottom