• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

dc89

My final update.

I made another amatuer mistake on my betting slip. I put down 2.5 in the first half instead of 2.5 over 90 mins in the toon game.

:( lost. 9/1. Every other game came in right with just United to play.

Wilbur

Banned
Great result by WBA and a great performance as well. Not too many better centre midfields in the league.

Great for Reading as well although Everton shit the bed, had a bunch of chances to win.

Delighted for Southampton, drills a fucking stake into that cunt Hughes' heart as well.

Liverpool looked good every time I flicked onto them, Suarez is a delight to watch. He really is.

City, expected them to win but tough fucking penalty calls. Neither should have been called.

Newcastle lol. Come on Pards, get the act in gear

Going back to ignoring Villa forums. Half of them want us to sack Lambert tonight to get Harry Redknapp before QPR do. Woe is fucking me. We're losing to the champions at home where they haven't lost in two years in the league. What did they fucking expect?

Knobbed by two penalty decisions as well. Unlucky. Lambert's doing the right thing.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
FUCK YOU BURNLEY GET A MAN SENT OFF AND CAN'T SCORE JUST 1 FUCKING GOAL AT HOME YOU USELESS TURDS.

Fuck I have so little money.

And fucking fuck Town, I would have taken a draw to Brighton but NOOOO.

K1LLER7

iw8AxAtXZIOEX.png

ibzJW0tz2SVs5s.png

Edit: oh

Thanks I'll take the top one :D

Oh well, happy for Clarke. Good ol' winter blip.
I don't think you can put that shocking team selection down to the winter blip. That was just grim.

Also, I lost faith in Torres a while back, but I will never understand people, like my brother no less, who feel Sturridge is somehow a better option. Two fucking tubes.

I don't care how much these players have travelled in the week, what is the point of bringing on these players (Mata/Oscar/Ramires) with less than 30 minutes left when you need to score 2 goals? We should have started with Mata and Ramires and brought on Oscar for Mata later.

Torres has had a week off and did fuck all. Sturridge's passing isn't great, but he had chances and pissed every one of them up the wall.

Jesus christ, woeful, absolutely woeful. WBA were very good and very dangerous though, Steve Clarke is doing a great job.
*nods in agreement*

Plasma

Banned
You scored three in the aforementioned 25 minutes I'm saying you played well in. After the sending off and after 20 minutes of anonymity.

I think you were okay. Better than Spurs, but considering the conditions of the match that was the least you could do. Second half you should have gone for the jugular and you didn't, you sat back and shit yourself when Bale got the goal. If he had squared it to Defoe instead of shooting across the box then it would have been fun.

Only one of us is biased here; you're speaking from a fan viewpoint, I'm speaking as a neutral.

Maybe I was a bit harsh I just thought we played well, just happy that we won at the end of the day.

Kyoufu

Which would be fine, I know defeats come every now and again, but the fact we've been poor all season isn't fine at all. While it might not all be on them today there is plenty of blame we can, and should, place on the team.

I blame a few things:

Not improving the first team and playing 4-4-2 with a partnership that doesn't work. Today we played well but Swansea strengthened well in the summer. :(

My final update.

I made another amatuer mistake on my betting slip. I put down 2.5 in the first half instead of 2.5 over 90 mins in the toon game.

:( lost. 9/1. Every other game came in right with just United to play.

You never cease to amuse me dc. <3

GorillaJu

You scored three in the aforementioned 25 minutes I'm saying you played well in. After the sending off and after 20 minutes of anonymity.

I think you were okay. Better than Spurs, but considering the conditions of the match that was the least you could do. Second half you should have gone for the jugular and you didn't, you sat back and shit yourself when Bale got the goal. If he had squared it to Defoe instead of shooting across the box then it would have been fun.

Only one of us is biased here; you're speaking from a fan viewpoint, I'm speaking as a neutral.

I'm also speaking as a neutral (one who wanted Spurs to win, even) and I think you're being a tad unfair.

There were some areas Spurs were superior in and more could have come out of it for them if they had retained 11 men. Vertonghen was great I thought, Bale looked like he could turn things around but had to much of a burden on himself, and Spurs had multiple opportunities to bring it to 4-3 or even 4-4.

But that said, its not like Arsenal's goals were particularly fortunate. They played and passed well - you can't blame them for continuing to put in a full effort against a team down to 10.

Podolski (despite scoring that janky goal) looked pretty poor, and Vermaelen was ehh..

Wes

venison crêpe
Knobbed by two penalty decisions as well. Unlucky. Lambert's doing the right thing.

I stopped watching after the first half, just reading the reports now.

We had bad luck last week and again this week it would seem. but we weren't expected to get any points in either anyway so *shrug*. No injures. No one sent off. Just move on.

Great second half performance, particulalry from Enrique, Allen, Henderson, Sterling and obviously Suarez

Wigan can feel justifiably aggrieved by our third goal though. In the space of a minute, we got a throw in after Suarez lands his studs on someone's ankle, which was worth at least a booking. Then a crossfield pass deflects off Suarez's head and goes out, which is given as our throw, which we score from

TeegsD

Seems like I missed a great game at 7:30 in the AM again :| and then a bunch more just now. Thank whoever the scheduler is for putting United on at 12:30

Wilbur

Banned
I'm also speaking as a neutral (one who wanted Spurs to win, even) and I think you're being a tad unfair.

There were some areas Spurs were superior in and more could have come out of it for them if they had retained 11 men. Vertonghen was great I thought, Bale looked like he could turn things around but had to much of a burden on himself, and Spurs had multiple opportunities to bring it to 4-3 or even 4-4.

But that said, its not like Arsenal's goals were particularly fortunate. They played and passed well - you can't blame them for continuing to put in a full effort against a team down to 10.

Podolski (despite scoring that janky goal) looked pretty poor, and Vermaelen was ehh..

I'm not saying Arsenal were bad, not at all, just that the scoreline looks like they were as good as they were last season and they definitely weren't. I dunno, Salva asked how it went and I just thought Arsenal weren't great.

Cazorla was fantastic and Giroud played well. Standouts for me.

TrueBlue

I don't think you can put that shocking team selection down to the winter blip. That was just grim.

Also, I lost faith in Torres a while back, but I will never understand people, like my brother no less, who feel Sturridge is somehow a better option. Two fucking tubes.

*nods in agreement*

Hmm. Think this is the first time that RDM had truly goofed up for a while. Next two ganes are oh so vital for us.

I blame a few things:

Not improving the first team and playing 4-4-2 with a partnership that doesn't work. Today we played well but Swansea strengthened well in the summer. :(

Yes but by virtue of the fact we didn't strengthen we have the same team as last year, and last year we didn't lose two games in a row at home. We're a shadow of the team of last season.

Salvadora

Reading back a few pages I take it Ramsey & Vermaelen were shit? To be expected really these days. :lol at Clegg still shitting on Giroud.

Kyoufu

Yes but by virtue of the fact we didn't strengthen we have the same team as last year, and last year we didn't lose two games in a row at home. We're a shadow of the team of last season.

Yeah but we're not playing the same teams as last season.

GET THAT IN YOUR HEAD!

lol black ops 2 time :p

GorillaJu

United win today, we go 6 points ahead of Chelsea. How things have changed in 3 weeks

Lol awesome avatar. Who's next in the series? Barton probably too low profile, playing in France and all. Pepe doesn't have a very good troll face.

MAAAN Suarez's first goal was a great finish. Not an easy one to score at all. Sterling's pass was just a tad behind him, but he still managed to make a peach out of it.

So happy tonight.

kharma45

Man Utd team v Norwich: De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Evra, Smalling, Carrick, Giggs, Young, Valencia, Hernandez, Van Persie }

FUCK OFF GIGGS

Yen

Such a great second half display. Rodgers is the man. Thought Enrique, Henderson, and of course, Suarez were excellent. Some of Gerrard's runs and dribbles in the second half were reminiscent of the Gerrard of old, too.

K1LLER7

Lol awesome avatar. Who's next in the series? Barton probably too low profile, playing in France and all. Pepe doesn't have a very good troll face.

MAAAN Suarez's first goal was a great finish. Not an easy one to score at all. Sterling's pass was just a tad behind him, but he still managed to make a peach out of it.

So happy tonight.

Nasri maybe? he does make a duck-face quite often :lol

I thought Chelsea would struggle in November and so far it's proving to be the case. Just don't think they've got enough in their squad to cope with the fixture rush. We'll see though, early days yet.

It would be nice if they bounced back next week and took points off City.

United have to win this evening. Won't be easy. Giggs in CM and no Rooney.

Salvadora

Man Utd team v Norwich: De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Evra, Smalling, Carrick, Giggs, Young, Valencia, Hernandez, Van Persie }

FUCK OFF GIGGS

I'm expecting the usual shite. United will go behind and play like shit for 45 minutes then suddenly wake up and win it in the second half.

GorillaJu

Great second half performance, particulalry from Enrique, Allen, Henderson, Sterling and obviously Suarez

Wigan can feel justifiably aggrieved by our third goal though. In the space of a minute, we got a throw in after Suarez lands his studs on someone's ankle, which was worth at least a booking. Then a crossfield pass deflects off Suarez's head and goes out, which is given as our throw, which we score from

Enrique was magnificent. They just showed the highlights on Setanta and he was unstoppable. He created a ton of chances

Wilbur

Banned
I thought Chelsea would struggle in November and so far it's proving to be the case. Just don't think they've got enough in their squad to cope with the fixture rush. We'll see though, early days yet.

It would be nice if they bounced back next week and took points off City.

United have to win this evening. Won't be easy. Giggs in CM and no Rooney.

I think we'll win 2-1, play shite and edge it.

sohois

How strange football is, that both Enrique and Stirling could barely provide anything for Suarez first half to assists for both in 15 minutes of the second. It wasn't entirely clear why Wigan broke down so in the second half, unless perhaps it was trying to chase the goal they conceded after a mistake. Certainly the Henderson sub had an effect. It was interesting to see the formation of Liverpool once he came on, since it seemed considerably more like a 4-3-3 than the 4-2-3-1 that has dominated with Sahin and Shelvey playing. And the team seemed better suited to it. Whether Henderson will get more games or Lucas' return will end that remains to be seen; most would hope Henderson gets more of a chance.

Other thoughts:

-Think it took a little while for Liverpool to get used to the formation, with Enrique wide left and Stirling right despite the Chelsea game last week. Once there was some kind of understanding between Johnson and Enrique everything became a lot better. Wisdom did fine, he's not going to be an attacking force but otherwise no problems.

-Reina on his return was good. Nothing really to deal with though, but than again that's a good way to ease him back

-Enrique has a real eye for those longer through balls to Suarez; perhaps because of the Tiki-Taka system the other players are afraid to attempt such balls? Still, nice to have someone thinking a little differently

-Allen much better after last week, perhaps thanks to Henderson taking some of the 'weight' off

All in all, a very nice performance.

Wilbur

Banned
Anderson, Cleverley and Fletcher on the bench, Powell somewhere and Giggs still starts in the centre. It's fucking aggravating as fuck.

Arnie

Enrique was magnificent. They just showed the highlights on Setanta and he was unstoppable. He created a ton of chances

Agree, such a tank going forward. He did some pirouette at one point that just made me go 'oooo' like one of the green aliens from Toy Story.

bud

fuck, part of me wanted to play >2.5 goals in every premier league match for today.

just the united game left, and they'll surely end up scoring a few.

fml

Top Bottom