• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Wes

venison crêpe
ku-medium.gif

:bird:

L1NETT

Enjoy Linius, despite the 360 drawbacks it is still fucking immense.

Get hype for 3, only reason I am watching the VGXXX or whatever they are called.

Linius

Enjoy Linius, despite the 360 drawbacks it is still fucking immense.

Get hype for 3, only reason I am watching the VGXXX or whatever they are called.

Yeah, I will! From what I read the 360 version was pretty well done. And I wanted to play this anyways to get familiar with the series. It's one of the few 'real' next gen games that got me excited, The Witcher 3 I mean.

Meier

It looks like Brahim is more or less official now -- seems most all of the Spanish press is reporting it. €300k rising to €4.5m... not bad for a 14 year old. Seen videos of this kid before and he is unbelievably talented. Now to just wait 3 or 4 years and see if he makes it!

ibpbkO90nMWaFf.gif

He and his family are moving to England shortly. His agent is Pere Guardiola.

I wonder what's going to happen to Varela. He has to compete with 3 right backs. Vermijl, Rafael, and Janko. Vermijl is only a year older, solid, and is less prone to being caught out. Rafael is Rafael and looks like the future rb for years. Janko is 18 years old, plays like Varela, but is much more explosive and technical.

I think Janko is the most talented rb behind Rafael.

Clegg

Probably bullshit.

Ben Fairthorne (Former CNN and The Sun journo) : "Baines a done deal for United in January and club also working on two La Liga based players."

"Manchester United know their transfer dealings in the summer was a mess. I know of one agent negotiating two big deals for January window."

"Baines was so close to United move in summer. United know what they have to pay now and Everton privately agreed to let him join MUFC."
Moyes pls.

Probably true. :p He turned them down already though. I posted these gifs of him back in October (this is obviously when he was a bit younger).
]

I wonder how United will approach their youth system in the coming years. As you guys have demonstrated, you have bought a 14 year old foreigner. The 90 minute rule was done away with 2? years ago, but the youth approach was already changed by that point. Fergie figured the 90 minute rule hindered the youth team and switched United's approach to buying foreign talent at age 16 and above. A lot of resources were spent on scouting.

It's paid off really well. Pogba, Januzaj, Daehli, Da Silva twins, Pique, Rossi, etc... all came from that approach.

It might switch back to finding young English talent at a young age.

Meier

I wonder how United will approach their youth system in the coming years. As you guys have demonstrated, you have bought a 14 year old foreigner. The 90 minute rule was done away with 2? years ago, but the youth approach was already changed by that point. Fergie figured the 90 minute rule hindered the youth team and switched United's approach to buying foreign talent at age 16 and above. A lot of resources were spent on scouting.

It's paid off really well. Pogba, Januzaj, Daehli, Da Silva twins, Pique, Rossi, etc... all came from that approach.

It might switch back to finding young English talent at a young age.

It seems like as far as actual homegrown talent is concerned, United haven't had much luck in recent years other than buying young English kids as well. All of the actual academy products who have excelled have been foreign born. It's clear though that some clubs have great success still in English kids so the talent is there. Clubs like Southampton had a bit of an advantage in that they were able to build these guys up and have them play with the 1st team at a young age since they were in the Championship.

Peco

We must win the Livorno game and at least try to make a point or 2 with Roma and Inter.

Gotta stay positive, that's the only way.

Suen

Lazio is so depressing to watch lol

edit: lol I told my brother a few minutes ago Keita would score. He's young but good, created all kind of problems for us when we played them couple of weeks ago.

edit 2: loooool fuck off Lazio. Marchetti and Klose are the only ones trying. Keita looks very promising, look forward to see more from him.

Meier

Apparently Saido Berahino has signed an extension until 2017 and obviously gotten a decent pay rise as well. That's good to hear.. he's far better off staying at West Brom.

Top Bottom