• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Feorax

I fucking hate Roy Hodgson...

That being said, it's not that shocking. He "tested the resolve" of Sturridge 6 months ago, and that ended up with him on crutches too, and missing our pre-season.

Bet he doesn't go to Brazil because Woy deems him unreliable...

Real Madrid and Barca have been fined by spanish reguators over TV deals and the government wants to pass a law with the aim to bring an end to individual deals and force Real and Barca to start to collective bargain with the rest of the clubs

iTr50x9gydTZD.gif

K1LLER7

Great to see him in the PL!!!

Really reminds me of Torres.

Doubt he'll get much game time apart from Carling Cup/Fa Cup.

Clegg

I read some speculation about the Morata thing a few days ago.

Good for Arsenal if it happens. Bad for the greatest striker of all time though.

wedward

Great to see him in the PL!!!

Really reminds me of Torres.

Doubt he'll get much game time apart from Carling Cup/Fa Cup.

We are out of the Carling Cup. I think he will get league time. Giroud for CL and big PL games. Morata for FA and lesser opposition in PL.

jtb

Banned
Anything less than 10m for Pato would be a decent low risk-high-reward gamble. He'll probably get injured and never play a single game but as long as Wenger doesn't rely on him, and with Giroud he won't need to, why not.

Morata would be a good move too, should keep all three parties happy if it happens. Just need to bring someone, anyone in, really. Preferably a cheap-ish player who won't mind being a squad player but is still better than Bendtner.

Morata would be a good move too, should keep all three parties happy if it happens. Just need to bring someone, anyone in, really. Preferably a cheap-ish player who won't mind being a squad player but is still better than Bendtner.

It's a good loan because Morata is better than Bendtner, is young so isn't expected to start, and delays the need for a good striker until the summer.

wedward

Madrid might also make a run for Falcao. He doesn't seem very happy at Monaco, especially at being subbed.

Yeah, I definitely think Madrid will be buying a striker this summer. Don't see them suddenly have a change of heart and deciding to roll with Morata.

Hopefully the loan works out and he plays well.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah, I definitely think Madrid will be buying a striker this summer. Don't see them suddenly have a change of heart and deciding to roll with Morata.

Hopefully the loan works out and he plays well.
That's if the morata deal is even true. I don't believe it personally

jtb

Banned
if Madrid move for a striker in the summer, the best we can probably hope for is Benzema. I can live with that.

Kenka

I guess Morata's move means that Podolski will not participate to the World Cup, with a few leaps of mind, right ?

Lightning

Banned
I guess Morata's move means that Podolski will not participate to the World Cup, with a few leaps of mind, right ?
No, no not right. Podolski will get plenty of game time once he's fit again. If this effects anyone it will be Cazorla who may find himself on the bench a bit. Podolski doesn't really like playing on the wing but he can be very good there and provides good crosses and excellent finishing.

wedward

No, no not right. Podolski will get plenty of game time once he's fit again. If this effects anyone it will be Cazorla who may find himself on the bench a bit. Podolski doesn't really like playing on the wing but he can be very good there and provides good crosses and excellent finishing.

An in form Podolski does not put an in form Cazorla on the bench. I don't think Cazorla is at his best yet, but he will be fine.

Cazorla is in Arsenal's best 11. Podolski isn't.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What in the world is Perrin doing in here. Surely you're jesting WS.

He totally deserves it. Genoa jumped from 16th to 7th by picking up 11 points out of 15 thanks to him.
*Django CHAINED*
Despicable beyond belief. Not a surprise coming from a former Inter manager.
Real Madrid and Barca have been fined by spanish reguators over TV deals and the government wants to pass a law with the aim to bring an end to individual deals and force Real and Barca to start to collective bargain with the rest of the clubs
Finally, but I'm afraid it's too late now. La Liga IS dead, and for the next five years at least.

Lightning

Banned
An in form Podolski does not put an in form Cazorla on the bench. I don't think Cazorla is at his best yet, but he will be fine.

Cazorla is in Arsenal's best 11. Podolski isn't.
There are several games where Podolski will be much more useful than Cazorla. I agree though that Cazorla is the better player.

Podolski is much more direct and a WAY better finisher. He's not as clever as Cazorla though.

I really want a quality back up striker. We get one and we are looking really good. Another defender in case BFG gets injured. Those 2 positions are the only ones that I think can screw us over, along with Szczesny getting an injury. But first choice keepers getting injured screws most clubs so one of those things.

Kenka

He totally deserves it. Genoa jumped from 16th to 7th by picking up 11 points out of 15 thanks to him.

Despicable beyond belief. Not a surprise coming from a former Inter manager.

Finally, but I'm afraid it's too late now. La Liga IS dead, and for the next five years at least.
I know well about Perin's recent Buffonery.
I was referring to Perrin, the average defensive player from St-Etienne (look !)

Any football gaffer buying Bravely Default?
Totally.

Top Bottom