• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Blablurn

Fuck you, you traitorous swine. And get your grammar fixed. There's no such thing as Portueguese, you greman warmonger.

PS4 is shit. Robben is Pep's battyboy.

i know, it has been another tough year for pes fans. but no need to go crazy!

4726_original_byrmq.gif

@Hitcher, have you tried booting into safe mode, and using USB update?

How do you boot in safe mode? My internet is down so proper troubleshooting has to wait :(

Will try usb if it still doesn't work in the afternoon

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Still sticking to discs with my Wii U until Nintendo sort a proper account system out.

Just wondering what to play next: Deus Ex or finish off Rayman Legends.

Deus Ex. Sell Rayman Legends to buy Deus Ex's DLC.

noal

Banned
Deus Ex. Sell Rayman Legends to buy Dues Ex's DLC.

I can't sell Rayman. The daily challenges are too much fun although I haven't played in a while. It was taking over my life!

I was in the top 120 at one point.

And no jokes about there being only 170 players please. X

How do you boot in safe mode? My internet is down so proper troubleshooting has to wait :(

Will try usb if it still doesn't work in the afternoon

From Playstation Support:

Starting the PS4 in Safe Mode

Turn off the PlayStation 4 by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.

Once the PlayStation 4 is off, press and hold the power button. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later.

Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.

Safe Mode Options
The following options are available in Safe Mode:

Restart System - Ends Safe Mode and restarts the PlayStation 4 normally.

Change Resolution - Changes the screen resolution to 480p when the PlayStation 4 is restarted.

Update System Software - Allows the PlayStation 4 to update the system software via Internet, USB Drive, or Disc.

Restore Default Settings - Restores the PlayStation 4 to the default factory settings.

Rebuild Database - Scans the drive and creates a new database of all content.
This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.

Initialize PS4 - IMPORTANT: All data and settings will be lost by performing this step.
Deletes all user data and restores the PS4 to as if it just came out of the box. This option is the same as [Initialize PS4 ] in the (Settings) menu. System software (firmware) is not deleted.

Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) - IMPORTANT: Deletes all information on the HDD, including the System Software. A message that states a USB storage device containing the System Software must be connected, is displayed. Then you can confirm the selection.

So, tell me UK-GAF, does the Mirror make up quotes, too? They wrote that Gerrard confirmed he got an offer from BVB recently. Which sounds like complete bullshit to me.

Salvadora

Sagna is out injured and will miss the Hull match (at least) :(. It's hamstring related...

Wenger also pooh-poohed the Pato and Morata deals.

NP.

What do you mean by "both sides"? The bottom one is eject, the top is power.

Ha, should have figured that out

Been using the bottom one as power since it does the same job essentially with no disc in the drive :p

At ElTopo, Gerrard had no reason to make it up. Not like hes angling for a new contract or trying to spark a budding war Zapata style

I've never heard that Gerrard quote, but he did get an offer from Bayern last summer. Maybe that's what it's about?

Bayern sounds more likely. With all respect to Gerrard, he's 33 now and certainly not the kind of player we would go for/spend a lot of money on. With Bayern, well, you never know lol

Afraid of Saarbrücken?

Can't say I am. Saarbrücken and the whole Saarland is a fucking joke and should be France.

Probably

Doesnt turn on from standby
Goes into recovery mode when turned on from full off, even though I've only turned it from standby to full off
Broken OS-side controller input, disappearing Back function and overlapping writing when I press the home button in the power menu
Update loses connection with server even though the internet was staying up on other devices

Hopefully its just pre-update jank, fearing the worst though

Fucking PCs eh?

GorillaJu

Link? All I can find is this:

The rest sounds like baseless speculation of English media, with their whole "reports say blablabla". I don't think I've ever heard this rumor from any source that is reliable (when it comes to Bayern). English media cannot be trusted when it comes to rumors.

Here you go bud:

Ahead of his testimonial against Olympiakos on Saturday, Gerrard revealed how he could empathise with Luis Suárez’s dilemma in the midst of serious interest in his services, having been pursued by another top European side a year ago. Gerrard did not name the club, but it was Bayern Munich.

Having turned down virtually every European superpower during his 15 years on Merseyside, Gerrard has the weight to offer Suárez advice to take a similar course – for one more season at least.

The author, Chris Bascombe, doesn't talk shit. He's one of the most, if not the most reliable reporter out there when it comes to LIverpool news.

GorillaJu

He doesn't mention Bayern in the actual quote, it's all just speculation or "reports".

The author has inside information when it comes to Liverpool . He says plainly there that it was an offer from Bayern that he turned down because he wants to try and take Liverpool back to the CL.

Bayern sounds more likely. With all respect to Gerrard, he's 33 now and certainly not the kind of player we would go for/spend a lot of money on. With Bayern, well, you never know lol

Can't say I am. Saarbrücken and the whole Saarland is a fucking joke and should be France.

I could see Gerrard playing well for a Bundesliga team, he plays well when defenses allow him the time to pick out passes, but Dortmund play with a super high tempo, and that's something Gerrard struggles with immensely in Liverpool right now. He can't keep up with the game.

Re-initialized the ps4 through safe mode, running fine now. Internets still down though, so no real usability. Router seems dead, not giving any signal let alone an internet connection.

Terrible timing with the car needing a £200 repair on Friday and tumble dryer's motor breaking this morning

When it rains, it pours

GorillaJu

Finished 12th in my first season in the PL in FM.

Not too shabby. Players got pissed off when I told them I expect them to work hard for a top-half finish next year :lol

bjaelke

Finished 12th in my first season in the PL in FM.

Not too shabby. Players got pissed off when I told them I expect them to work hard for a top-half finish next year :lol
It's almost impossible to please anyone with the season expectations during the pre-season team talk. Worst thing I've done is to change my answer during the conversation to please the players.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
FM: do you get offers when your contract expires? Or during the season?

I won the treble in style (with a bizarre formation) and the only one begging for my signature is Woodward ffs.

kharma45

I won the treble in style and the only one begging for my signature is Woodward ffs.

Towards the latter part.

Re-initialized the ps4 through safe mode, running fine now. Internets still down though, so no real usability. Router seems dead, not giving any signal let alone an internet connection.

Terrible timing with the car needing a £200 repair on Friday and tumble dryer's motor breaking this morning

When it rains, it pours

Glad to hear it's alive again, would suck to have a DOA console.

I won the treble in style and the only one begging for my signature is Woodward ffs.

Do it. Destroy them from the inside pls

Commoli on this football weekly programme. Stats aren't everything bro

I won the treble in style (with a bizarre formation) and the only one begging for my signature is Woodward ffs.

Before the end of the season usually. If nobody shows up with a new contract by June just ask the board, you really have to screw everything up to not have a renewal offer.

LegoArmo

http://images.rapgenius.com/exzeh3f453zlguf7jf7ufip55.320x240x207.gif

Y u bad at it tho
U mss bro
U mgs3

My record online in FIFA 13 was basically a 4:1 win ratio which isn't terrible. This game just isn't clicking with me. All the goals being scored are terrible, chipped through ball, shot, keeper spills it, tap in.

Also, my guys refuse to pass the ball sometimes when they're dribbling even after pressing the button twice, and just run in to the defenders. I don't think it's a controller issue.

Kyoufu

My record online in FIFA 13 was basically a 4:1 win ratio which isn't terrible. This game just isn't clicking with me. All the goals being scored are terrible, chipped through ball, shot, keeper spills it, tap in.

Also, my guys refuse to pass the ball sometimes when they're dribbling even after pressing the button twice, and just run in to the defenders. I don't think it's a controller issue.

Actually I have that issue too. I try to shoot but I just sprint into a defender instead. :(

Sprinting is bad I guess. :/

Blablurn

I agree here. I was also much better in FIFA 13. 14 is just so fucking unbalanced.

LegoArmo

14 is better. Just has a much higher skill cap.

Pssh, I've got skills for days.

I swear I got beat off some amazingly terrible players in Ultimate Team. Like people who didn't know the offside rule, or not to kick the ball straight to my strikers from goal kicks.

Speaking of skills, I hate that they made the right stick do those, without having to hold down a button first.

Top Bottom