• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Arnie

I feel like we need that "spark".

The sort of player that can win a game when everything else goes wrong. Could be Ramsey, I suppose. It felt like he was passing to himself at times tonight.

I know what you mean.

We weren't even that good tonight and we were a cunt hair away from winning five nil.

Four Suarez goals and one assist.

L1NETT

I feel like we need that "spark".

The sort of player that can win a game when everything else goes wrong. Could be Ramsey, I suppose. It felt like he was passing to himself at times tonight.

No idea why you didn't go for Remy. Similar type of player, can stretch a game and offer summat Giroud can't.

Don't go buying the lumpy Benteke clown now.

Kassu

Banned
Suarez is the type of player we need to complete this Arsenal squad.

We've the best defence in the league now. Best midfield. Giroud. Just need a world beater up front.
That just makes it harder to accept that we have no chance at getting him.

But yeah, aside from fantasies I don't really think we actually need a world class striker. We just need another striker who is like Giroud. I don't know who that could be though.

Edit: Of course if we somehow manage to get world class striker I have no problems with it lol. Finding one is just easier said than done.

Clegg

Looking forward to the post-Vidic/Ferdinand world with great curiosity. Would love to see Evans/Smalling/Jones cemented at the back. But we'll probably just spend £18m on someone.
Another cb would be needed anyway. One of those three gets injured and we're down to two CB's playing every game with no chance of rotation. One of those gets injured and it's back to playing Carrick in defence. Ain't nobody wants to see that again.

Wilbur

Banned
Jones and Evans should be our first choices for the majority now. We need two CMs in January, and I'd love a winger as well.

Vidic, Rio, Anderson out for sure. Young won't go but I fucking want him to.

Scum

Holy shit, I have just realise this:

Everton still haven't beaten a top 4 club away.

Fuck off Man United.

1081oh-you.jpg

bud23

We are a fucking joke. Disgusting performance. Disgusting midfield. Disgusting strikers. Disgusting tactics. Disgusting subs. Fuck them all, they should all be fucking fined. No fight, no energy, no fucking onslaught when we're losing 1-0 at home.

Fuck them. All of them are cunts.

So true. Now we are talking, man. Glorious day. There is still hope, football ( unlike United's title aspirations) is not dead yet . Smile, please.

david-moyes-e1364728447592-630x438.jpg

why are you mentioning me in the same sentence with messi the public masturbator and toilet clogger

You get mentioned in the backers section too, 20pounds or more and we need a photoshoot for you budley. Clearly you can't handle a camera well yourself.

LTWheels

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 4m
5 - Liverpool have scored 5+ goals in a single PL game five times under Rodgers, only one fewer than Benitez managed in six seasons. Frenzy.

I wouldn't mind if he went.

We're rebuilding the team. Put Jones is there and buy another CB.

Eh, I think that would be premature, especially since Jones is one of our best midfielders on form now. And that's the priority: midfield. Our attack and defence can survive without major renovation IMO, but the primary rot is in midfield. (It was way too easy to call how fucked we were against Everton with Jones and Carrick out and a static and vulnerable forty year old and Fellaini lining up.) We need quality there first and given how poorly we allocated bids last summer, I worry about us not focusing on what we absolutely need.

wedward

Arsenal fans who only care about ball retention won't agree with this, but I think we look better with a midfield duo of Ramsey and Flamini. Arteta slows us down too much.

Scum

Jones and Evans should be our first choices for the majority now. We need two CMs in January, and I'd love a winger as well.

Vidic, Rio, Anderson out for sure. Young won't go but I fucking want him to.

-------------- RvP/Rooney ------------------
Adnan ------- Kagawa ------- Nani/Zaha
------- Carrick ----- Herrara --------
Fabio --- Jones --- Evans --- Rafael

--------- RvP ----------- Rooney --------
----------------- Kagawa -----------------
--- Powell --- Carrick --- Herrara ---
Fabio --- Jones --- Evans --- Rafael

I still think Arsenal need a poacher - someone to just run into the box and score whatever comes his way. Giroud has been doing this tbf, but he is also doing everything else.

GorillaJu

I still think Arsenal need a poacher - someone to just run into the box and score whatever comes his way. Giroud has been doing this tbf, but he is also doing everything else.

There isn't room for a pure poacher in the current game.

Look at Bayern. They had one of the world' stop scorers, a pure poacher who bangs them in week after week. They ditched him and the only team that bit was Fiorentina.

Lightning

Banned
Frimpong is having a go at Moyes on instagram.

http://instagram.com/p/hhDg9ipTOh/
http://instagram.com/p/hg_px1JTIz/
http://instagram.com/p/hg-a7OpTHR/

No wonder he doesn't play considering his lack of professionalism.
Frimpong is a clown.

United have much easier fixtures while we have Everton, City and Chelsea up next. We could easily only pick up 1 point there or even 0 points. Need to get through these games and keep our feet on the ground. Defensively we are very sound and with that we should be hard to beat but until these games have passed I will be nervous.

Top Bottom