• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Scum

This shit pisses me off as well. Danny Mills - "If you take Wayne Rooney out of the team, where is the inspiration?"

The amount of fucking pundits and media members - and fans actually - that have ignored every bad Rooney performance this season is astonishing me.

If he had wanted it, it would have happened :lol

Don't ask silly questions Suen.

It's fucking Mills. They'll be talking about 'Arry to Man Utd soon enough because he's doing great with QPR in a difficult league.

Wilbur

Banned
Was Rafael tired when he came off or something? That's the sub which really baffles me. He's so much better than anyone else we have at RB.

Moyes doesn't seem to rate him, it's mental. I think he was our best player before he went off. Crosses were always dangerous, and he pressures and tackles like no fuck in our midfield does.

It's Danny Mills. Hardly the beacon of intellectual thought. Don't waste your anger wilbz <3

And tbf in a season of haggis smelling shite Wayne's little baldy head has been one occasionally one of the few bits of sweetcorn in the United poo.

It's not just Mills though, you'll nary find an article criticising Rooney at all, and a lot of fans on here seem to be under the illusion he's been magnificent all season as well. Was poor in a lot of games he's scored free kicks in or assisted from a corner as well, and just masked that with stats.

He's not the worst culprit though; Welbeck who I've always defended, absolutely fucking horrific tonight.

How long is Carrick out for?

I have no idea. It feels like aeons.

faridmon

Also I have to add this:

Suarez is God-tier at the moment.

Glad to see the two teams of Liverpool doing well in the league. Less London based teams, please.

Zabojnik

Dear Giuseppe Marotta,

please write down the names of the following four players. Berardi. Jorginho. Nainggolan. Cuadrado.

You know what to do.

Yours sincerely,
Zabo

Kenka

tumblr_mxaxd7u9Mn1rg3v37o1_400.gif

Beautiful from RamsGOD and the wizard of Oz :')
Ramsey pass is beautiful.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Next seasons team is going to look very very different thats for sure, makes me wonder who will survive the culling.

Rooney, RVP, Valencia, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdi, Evra, Adnan

Not many names

severin

Thoroughly delighted with our game tonight, and as long as Suarez is fit, we've a chance of making top 4. Gerrard being further up the pitch was enjoyable to see. I'd have no problem playing him and Coutinho behind Suarez and Sturridge in a 4-2-2-2 formation, kinda like the way City do when Nasri and Silva are on the pitch. We don't play the wings anyways, so playing Sterling/Moses seems redundant to me.

Defensively we're still pretty chaotic, and center mid we're not much better. Need a top class DM/CM in January who can break up attacks without ball chasing (a la Lucas), and who can control the pace of the game. It'll also allow Gerrard to start further up the pitch. Rodgers also needs to decide on his CB partnership. We've chopped and changed all season and it shows. There's zero understanding between any of our CB's, and that understanding will only develop with a consistent selection.

Suarez' first goal was de ja vu Bordeaux Zidane. He's a total cunt, but a phenomenal player. And Utd lost too. Happy out.

Moyes shouldn't be sacked. United aren't a shit show like Chelsea or Madrid when it comes to managers. Not having a go at either club, but they do have ridiculous policies when it comes to managers.

United's success has been built on stability. Yes, we had a brilliant manager, but even he got things wrong at the beginning. I'm not saying we should accept 4 years without a trophy like it was at the start of the Fergie era. We've a much bigger club with much higher aspirations. Moyes needs the time and backing to build his own team. That means at minimum two seasons and a lot of money spent in between.

It's gonna be tough to build that quality side if we don't qualify for the CL though. I just hope he doesn't retreat into his shell and stop playing our younger players because he feels the need to pick experienced lads.

Madrid and Chelsea are a shit show with managers for sacking them after winning trophies or getting second place. It's much different from the situation United find themselves in.

Regardless of that difference, United would be stupid to sack Moyes right now.

Feorax

Title race is blatantly between Arsenal, City and Chelsea. I'd be absolutely delighted to finish fourth, if we can come of the next 5 games with 8 points I wouldn't be devestated

I'd hope we will get 3pts vs both Cardiff and West Ham at home, and I really don't see how Spurs can expect to beat us if we actually turn up.

That's 9pts there. Anything from City or Chelsea away is a bonus, and we have a fairly decent record at the Bridge of late.

Suen

Dear Giuseppe Marotta,

please write down the names of the following four players. Berardi. Jorginho. Nainggolan. Cuadrado.

You know what to do.

Yours sincerely,
Zabo
They are all going to PSG. Why would they want to play for Rube that will now become dust now that Pirlo is out?

PSG lost against Evian today, who are three spots away from relegation zone. In the end it is as I predicted, Monaco will win the title, Rivière will come to Arsenal and Falcao to Madrid.

Next seasons team is going to look very very different thats for sure, makes me wonder who will survive the culling.

Rooney, RVP, Valencia, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdi, Evra, Adnan

Not many names
None of those defenders will.

And Rooney will have more say in his future than we will.

Sory, I must have missed it.

You know I love you Hitcher....

Lillies and remains are not shit btw. This is big deal

But they are. This gap cannot be bridged, our love will be forever unrequited :p

God, I wish that Gerrard shot had gone in. When he brings the flair out, he fucking brings it.

Salvadora

Suarez is the type of player we need to complete this Arsenal squad.

We've the best defence in the league now. Best midfield. Giroud. Just need a world beater up front.

Barzul

Mesut Özil &#8207;@MesutOzil1088 7m
Three games, nine points, 7:0 goals - Winter-wonderland in London.

Ozil has the best tweets.

Sacking Moyes now would be the most stupid thing to do regardless of results unless he gets you relegated. Sacking him now would simply mean that you're going straight down the Madrid/Chelsea path and then stability is the last thing you get. Who knows you might even reach Palermo levels then, either way sacking him now will just increase the chance that you'll keep sacking managers as soon as they lose x amount of games. It's one of the most disgusting things about Madrid and Chelsea.

Yup, sacking a manager during the season is counter-productive. Unless we're firmly mid-table or near relegation without improvement when this season is done, Moyes should get another year at least.

bjaelke

I'd hope we will get 3pts vs both Cardiff and West Ham at home, and I really don't see how Spurs can expect to beat us if we actually turn up.

That's 9pts there. Anything from City or Chelsea away is a bonus, and we have a fairly decent record at the Bridge of late.

It's an away game. We wont turn up.

Home 6-0-1 18-4
Away 2-3-2 12-13

Arnie

Suarez is the type of player we need to complete this Arsenal squad.

We've the best defence in the league now. Best midfield. Giroud. Just need a world beater up front.

You've completely missed the boat on him now, unfortunately for yous.

£60 million straight up in the summer might have done it. Now, anything less than Bale money is unacceptable, and given the song and dance we put on last August it appears that the only place we'll let him go is Real.

Arsenal don't need a top striker anyway. They just need a solid striker like Giroud to tee up their midfield.

Fergie

Banned
@ManUtd: Moyes on @Persie_Official: "We’ve been trying to get him back for a few weeks but he is not ready. It’s a sore groin, nothing too serious."

No Rooney vs Newcastle and probably no RVP. Seems to be a Chicha and Shinji partnership.

Hopefully Adnan and Valencia. Jones mid and whoever else. Need Rafeal at RB, he's just our best there.

LTWheels

I think Henderson will be dropped for West Ham. His performance has been tailing off recently. His usefulness has started to deteriate as we don't press as a team anymore. For his own sake he really needs to find his shooting boots soon.

I can see him replaced by Allen so Gerrard can play further up the pitch against West Ham, or even Alberto. I fully expect West Ham to just sit back, which will limit Henderson's usefulness. Will need a creative player on the pitch instead.

Clegg

We need RVP back for Newcastle.

And Welbeck needs dropping. He's just offensively average in everything he does. Lost whatever spark he had a few seasons ago.

D_prOdigy

I'm starting to get the feeling Vidic will leave too. You'd have thought he'd have signed a new contract by now if he was staying.

Looking forward to the post-Vidic/Ferdinand world with great curiosity. Would love to see Evans/Smalling/Jones cemented at the back. But we'll probably just spend £18m on someone.

noal

Banned
No sacking for Moyes but he needs to realise that he has to up his game and fuck off the players who are doing fuck all. The board need to back him and we need a midfield who can actually create something.

Salvadora

You've completely missed the boat on him now, unfortunately for yous.

£60 million straight up in the summer might have done it. Now, anything less than Bale money is unacceptable, and given the song and dance we put on last August it appears that the only place we'll let him go is Real.

Arsenal don't need a top striker anyway. They just need a solid striker like Giroud to tee up their midfield.
I feel like we need that "spark".

The sort of player that can win a game when everything else goes wrong. Could be Ramsey, I suppose. It felt like he was passing to himself at times tonight.

TeddyBoy

Thoroughly delighted with our game tonight, and as long as Suarez is fit, we've a chance of making top 4. Gerrard being further up the pitch was enjoyable to see. I'd have no problem playing him and Coutinho behind Suarez and Sturridge in a 4-2-2-2 formation, kinda like the way City do when Nasri and Silva are on the pitch. We don't play the wings anyways, so playing Sterling/Moses seems redundant to me.

Defensively we're still pretty chaotic, and center mid we're not much better. Need a top class DM/CM in January who can break up attacks without ball chasing (a la Lucas), and who can control the pace of the game. It'll also allow Gerrard to start further up the pitch. Rodgers also needs to decide on his CB partnership. We've chopped and changed all season and it shows. There's zero understanding between any of our CB's, and that understanding will only develop with a consistent selection.

We had a good win for sure, Gerrard could stay up the pitch because Norwich aren't exactly known for the goal scoring strikers >.> So going overly aggressive is the best option against them.

I feel Gerrard is best used as a last 30 minutes substitute now tbh, he's excellent against teams like Norwich, but against the big boys (looking at Arsenal here), he gets thrown out of his depth :/

Definitely agree with you on Lucas, he's excellent at breaking up the play.. but that's about it, a top top CDM needs to do more than just break up play now, Lucas isn't quite up to that standard sadly :(

Yeah the CB is weird as hell :S Rodgers picks his team on form mostly, so clearly all of our CB's are playing awfully xD

Clegg

I wouldn't mind if he went.

We're rebuilding the team. Put Jones is there and buy another CB.
Was gonna say that too. He hasn't been anything special since coming back. Another Juve free transfer jobby?

Lots of holes will need to be filled. Still need two quality midfielders too. And a winger, and a left back.

Basically a new team.

I cant breathe

That's cheered me right up hahaha

Where's the OT

It's up one of these days I promise. But I really wanted that 80mil kickstarter to get started first, but they keep saying I have to validate myself as a real person and that my bank details doesn't match my adresse, fuck off.

Top Bottom