• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Scum

Here you go, ManUtdGAF.

-------------- RvP/Rooney ------------------
Adnan ------- Kagawa ------- Nani/Zaha
------- Carrick ----- Herrara --------
Fabio --- Jones --- Evans --- Rafael

--------- RvP ----------- Rooney --------
----------------- Kagawa -----------------
--- Powell --- Carrick --- Herrara ---
Fabio --- Jones --- Evans --- Rafael

Nice one, Will.

Wilbur

Banned
English Press bias. Same way on here kagawa and Adnan tend to get an easier time of it than the easy targets.

I only watched patches of the game but from what I saw Kagawa was anonymous. But to be fair so was the whole attacking unit.

Agree re: Valencia though. That wierd drill cross thing he does is beyond annoying. Straight out of the sunday league that.

This problem isn't got to sort itself overnight. Gonna take a few transfer windows to shift the ageing and overpaid deadwood (for me, Valencia, nani, Clev, Ferdinand and Young are must shifts)and replace them with fresher hungrier and frankly better players.

The major question is do you have faith in Moyes to replenish your squad and be a positive force in the next few markets. That's the biggie.

---

Wilbz you not streaming with Quiche?

Nah I turned the PS4 off, going bed in a second.

It's not necessarily that Kagawa was any better and you certainly won't find me saying he was, but when Rooney who was just as anonymous gets away with that and Welbeck gets one mention in the entire match report - his header against the crossbar - after playing like a lubricated fucking foal, it's just so frustrating to see Kagawa get the short end of the stick.

It'll take a season or two to get us anywhere near where we want to be. I'm not fussed about Moyes potentially making poor deals. He identified a problem in midfield and a problem at left back, as we all had on this forum. He largely bought very well with Everton (although that may be in the shade now after Martinez has signed Lukaku/Barry/McCarthy/Deulofeu). He's shown a willingness to consign Rio to the bench far more often than I thought he would. Young is on the absolute fringes of the squad most of the time, and his hand has been forced to play Cleverley a little more than I'd like due to Carrick being out and the Herrera/summer cock ups.

And I don't think this is all his fault.

Woodward let him down in the summer. The players let him down on the pitch. Some fans are letting him down by wanting him out. Can he do a lot more? Yes. A whole fucking lot more. But there is only so much he can do when he sends what was probably the best eleven to send out tonight and players that we absolutely know can perform well (Fellaini has shown it with Everton time and time again, Rooney has shown it in spells this season) and are fresh off beating a very good Bundesliga team 5-0 away, and they do fuck all.

Genuinely livid.

Not a shred of fucking sympathy for the players. Dumb shit, all game. Heading it gently back towards the middle in our own half. Giggs and Rooney playing aimless chips back towards our box. Passes utterly devoid of any conviction or attacking guile. Idiotic determination to play straight down the wings at all costs. I see very, very little of worth in Fellaini.

Welbeck should have been dragged off early in the first half. Fucking clodhopper. West Ham might just about be persuaded to buy him, and we should think hard about accepting an offer. I really don't give a toss if he's an academy baby.

Atkinson is a fucker, a laboratory escapee, but we lost this game all on our own.

spot on

ibt6Rhco5DxsF4.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Match report writers go to the games and that's the big difference between how you see it vs them. Probably some subtleties on display that you miss watching it on TV.

Well we still see every single instance of Rooney in possession; won't see all his off the ball movement of course, but he was wasteful with the ball, he didn't play with any fire in his belly especially come the end of the match when we were a goal down and needed impetus, and he did exactly what Kagawa did numerous times, which was receive the ball at the edge of the box and just push it out wide.

I'm not singling him out as playing exceptionally bad, rather that I'm singling him out because everyone else is getting flak - except inexplicably Welbeck, who put in a real fucking stinker of a performance. A real fucking stinker.

Clegg

The major question is do you have faith in Moyes to replenish your squad and be a positive force in the next few markets. That's the biggie.
Tbf to Moyes he rightly identified the biggest problem areas United had in the pitch ie left back and midfield. Unfortunately, our efforts I'm strengthening said positions were cack handed in the extreme. He has another twon transfer windows before I start making judgements on his transfer policies.

Slizz

Lol finished taking my first of my last 5 ever final exams.... Leave the computer testing lab and there is throw-up directly at the exit of the door..... Guess someone didn't feel so great about the exam

Salazar

I'm afraid of the team we're going to put out on Saturday.

Aye.

And I want to smack Woodward in his idiotic face.

Manchester United have become the first major club to back publicly the idea of having a B side competing in the Football League after the executive vice-chairman, Ed Woodward, claimed the 20-times champions believe it would "solve a lot of the issues" regarding the development of youth players.

Football isn't just about us, you manky accountant twat.

Clegg

Aye.

And I want to smack Woodward in his idiotic face.

Football isn't just about us, you manky accountant twat.
Can't see how that would ever actually work. Would make an absolute mess of the lower divisions.

He keeps saying he wants us to sign the worlds beat players too. Which is slightly more encouraging, except I get the sense that he's the guy at the office desperate to impress and will just say any bollocks to gain approval. Prove us wrong, Woodward.

Wilbur

Banned
Sometimes you gotta put Americans in their place innit

I was about to say I'll play him but then I realised I'm useless
ib2prFi25kEdBe.png

Do you know what, I'm actually not too bad. I play fully on manual and I fucking suck at shooting on that lol, but I reckon I'm alright. Might give him a game sometime and switch to semi.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm really happy we won today when we were dominated. We've had some awful patches of bad luck the past 18 months but today everything went right for us.

We've played 14 games and we're almost at half our point total from last season. Whilst our home form is dreadful, and something we wont remedy without a playmaker in midfield, our away form has been a particular bright spot.

All I wanted for this season was to have 40 points by March. Touch wood, we should be able to achieve that. Here's hoping for a moderately successful Christmas and New Year period that keeps us ticking over.

rodvik

I'm really happy we won today when we were dominated. We've had some awful patches of bad luck the past 18 months but today everything went right for us.

We've played 14 games and we're almost at half our point total from last season. Whilst our home form is dreadful, and something we wont remedy without a playmaker in midfield, our away form has been a particular bright spot.

All I wanted for this season was to have 40 points by March. Touch wood, we should be able to achieve that. Here's hoping for a moderately successful Christmas and New Year period that keeps us ticking over.

Yup, very enjoyable. I have no problem playing the counter game, we can do it well when needed. Lambert played the smart way against a good pressing team like Southampton.

Genuinely livid.

Not a shred of fucking sympathy for the players. Dumb shit, all game. Heading it gently back towards the middle in our own half. Giggs and Rooney playing aimless chips back towards our box. Passes utterly devoid of any conviction or attacking guile. Idiotic determination to play straight down the wings at all costs. I see very, very little of worth in Fellaini.

Welbeck should have been dragged off early in the first half. Fucking clodhopper. West Ham might just about be persuaded to buy him, and we should think hard about accepting an offer. I really don't give a toss if he's an academy baby.

Atkinson is a fucker, a laboratory escapee, but we lost this game all on our own.

Hope springs eter... Nah. You're fucked.

This is a great day.

MjE2NzI4MQ

Haven't really picked a team yet, only just got into it last year. I like Arsenal and Liverpool, so probably one of them. I hope they finish top 4.

nitewulf

is that retarded piece of shit doicare still posting? finally this shitchester united team is being exposed for the shit team it actually is. i fucking love it. fuck yeah.

Lightning

Banned
I'd like you guys to win that one. There's no way Arsenal finish outside the top 4 this year but taking points off the other contenders would be sick
Hard to see Everton being able to maintain their current form for the entire season but they are in a strong position right now. We're their last top 4 team they play until Liverpool at the end of January so if they beat us they will be in a VERY strong position because of the fixtures Liverpool have to play.

Not to mention derailing us right before we play City and Chelsea along with an away game to Napoli. Need to start that week positive, so yeah we really need to beat Everton this weekend.

Salazar

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/dec/04/world-cup-2014-will-be-sensational

And, despite it all, being in Brazil will help too, not just because it is an inspirational place but by virtue of temperatures conducive to sport. Though it will still be warm, only in Manaus might things be unbearable. The running around required to play fast, exciting football is now a viable option.

Only the World Cup can be truly transcendental and it is only the World Cup whose finest games are of universal significance, absorbed into the annals of humanity and epochal in a way that simply cannot be matched. For the first time in a generation it is going to prove it.

IIwpLR7.jpg

What the fuck is this humanoid barnacle on Sepp Blatter's unmentionables on about ?

The defender who stood off him on the edge of the box is a straight coward.

Normally in that position Suarez would wait for a challenge and use that moment of unsteadiness to nip the ball past him tbf. Could have perhaps stood more face on, but then he'd have left himself open to being dribbled around. Then he got flummoxed by the delayed shot, as was everyone watching, so you can't hold that against him :p

GorillaJu

Didn't Pep a few years ago slag Ramsey off after a CL match saying "I've got dozens of kids like him in my academy"? Or was that Wilshere?

Top Bottom