• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

3,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg

Thanks Bla, now I want a Bratwurst.

LTWheels

Someone (support_believe) mentioned on Twitter last night that Agger would be gone in January. Wouldn't be too surprised if that's true. Has been costing us quite a few goals lately on set pieces/missed headers.

I'm a big believer that Sahko is Agger's replacement, not Skrtel's.

Elchele

Bittere Nachricht: Arjen Robben schwerer verletzt. Risswunde im Knie bis in den Knochen. 6 Wochen Zwangspause | ^M.Hörwick

Robbens cut goes straight to the bone... 6 weeks break.

Six weeks is less than I feared. It sucks, but it's not another half-a-year injury. I wish we didn't take part in that stupid club world cup, that'll only lead to more injuries.

I wouldn't believe the '6 week's BS. They said the same about Shaqiri and he's still out after like 2 months.

Pep's Bayern looked like shit in the couple of games when Robben wasn't available. I wonder how this will affect the team.

Walshy

I think Allen did enough last night to earn a recall on Saturday. I'd be tempted to drop Hendo to the bench and play Allen and Lucas holding, with Gerrard further forward.

I'd drop Agger for Sakho on Saturday too. Much rather have two physical defenders than one with one who brings the ball out against a Big Sam team.

I genuinely see no use in having Moses and Cissokho anymore, I'd much rather gove Flanagan and Sterling/Ibe the minutes. I could easily see another Sahin situation with both of them.
Allen was good. I would drop Henderson, his form has seemed to dip in recent games, I'd play Lucas - Allen - Gerrard against West Ham, but it would require Allen to press relentlessly ala Hendo.

I'd drop Agger as well, apparently Sakho isn't playing much because he is sleep deprived with his baby.

Fully agree with the Cissokho comment. With Moses, well I'd give him a few more chances but I can't see him staying here permanently.
They didn't do much wrong, but there was one defensive mistake which led to the second goal, but how the hell do you defend the first, third or fourth? Even the lob for the first, the keeper wasn't that far off his line. It was just a perfectly-measured hit. The third goal, the defender was trying to show him onto his weaker foot and he just flicked it over and half-volleyed it, like some kind of beach soccer move. Unbelievable. And Gerrard's hit that bounced off the woodwork too - where the hell did that come from?

He's a phenomenon, Suarez. Genuinely one of the most entertaining footballers I've ever seen. Only Ronaldinho brings the same type of wtfery. That 40m on offer last summer was probably just about enough, if you're interested in buying one of his two front teeth :lol

Edit: Finally catching up on MOTD.

Eden Hazard is a brilliant footballer. Can see why City, United and Chelsea all were chasing his signature. Really it was obvious before when he was at Lille of course, but you always wonder how well a player will adapt to a new country.

Such a shame that final chance didn't come off for Sunderland (Johnson/Ki). And that OG :(

Edit 2: And another horrendous Torres miss. What the shit
I remember talking to some United fans in the summer last year and they only thought he was worth £30m :lol.

His goals were unstoppable, I seriously can't recall a game where the 4 goals all scored were better than that. Maybe Rivaldo's hatrick vs Valencia in essentially a champions league play-off on the last day of the season or Ibra's 4 goals vs England.

Should be looking for about £80m if he goes in the summer. Got a feeling if we make Champions League he will stay though, especially with this quote from yesterday:
"I am happy to be in the Premier League, the best league there is. I am happy here and I will stay."
#Believe

Feorax

I'm a big believer that Sahko is Agger's replacement, not Skrtel's.

It's interesting. I wonder if this was decided in the Summer, but the club and player decided it wasn't the right time whilst so many were bedding in? Seems to have been on the cards for a while, and makes little sense to get someone like Sakho in if Agger was going nowhere.

Expect the next VC to be either Lucas or Suarez

Baki

Allen was good. I would drop Henderson, his form has seemed to dip in recent games, I'd play Lucas - Allen - Gerrard against West Ham, but it would require Allen to press relentlessly ala Hendo.

I'd drop Agger as well, apparently Sakho isn't playing much because he is sleep deprived with his baby.

Fully agree with the Cissokho comment. With Moses, well I'd give him a few more chances but I can't see him staying here permanently.

I remember talking to some United fans in the summer last year and they only thought he was worth £30m :lol.

His goals were unstoppable, I seriously can't recall a game where the 4 goals all scored were better than that. Maybe Rivaldo's hatrick vs Valencia in essentially a champions league play-off on the last day of the season or Ibra's 4 goals vs England.

Should be looking for about £80m if he goes in the summer. Got a feeling if we make Champions League he will stay though, especially with this quote from yesterday:
#Believe

I think he's hinting that he's willing to stay in premier league
with Arsenal. :trollface

Clegg

The thing that annoys me most about last night is that we played quite well for periods. Our utter inability to score the chances we create is a pisser. We don't create enough opportunities, but when we do we're not scoring them.

Baki

Arsenal-GAF:

What would be our dream signing this January and what are our expected signings.

For me it's, Cavani/Suarez/Falcao/El-Sharwaay as dream signings.

Realistics signings would be Moratta/Pato/Levezzi.

GorillaJu

I think he's hinting that he's willing to stay in premier league
with Arsenal. :trollface

It really does seem like a dubious thing to say. I know it's pessimistic but I can't help but wonder why he didn't mention the team, only the league specifically.

--

Liv-bros, Sakho is definitely Agger's replacement. Agger has been poor all season, nearly every goal is through his mark, and his defending of set pieces is abject. They're both left-footed, and while Agger is more of that "ball-playing" type that everyone appreciates, Sakho can pass and score just as well as you need from a top CD.

I'll be sad to see him go because he's been as loyal as they come, but he's too good to just be a bench option for us, but not good enough to start every week for a team with top 4 aspirations - at least in the PL. I think he'd do well in Spain and I wouldn't be shocked if we sold him to a, say Atletico.

Walshy

It really does seem like a dubious thing to say. I know it's pessimistic but I can't help but wonder why he didn't mention the team, only the league specifically.

--

Liv-bros, Sakho is definitely Agger's replacement. Agger has been poor all season, nearly every goal is through his mark, and his defending of set pieces is abject. They're both left-footed, and while Agger is more of that "ball-playing" type that everyone appreciates, Sakho can pass and score just as well as you need from a top CD.

I'll be sad to see him go because he's been as loyal as they come, but he's too good to just be a bench option for us, but not good enough to start every week for a team with top 4 aspirations - at least in the PL. I think he'd do well in Spain and I wouldn't be shocked if we sold him to a, say Atletico.
It was an interview on the Liverpool site, wouldn't read too much into it.

I don't think Agger is that bad, just going through a bad patch of form. Sakho shouldnstart atm though.

Baki

--

You guys have Sturridge. Give us Suarez. We need him. :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
BAE was at the Cottage last night:

At craven cottage with the fans great Win lol and some funny fans never happy hahaha lol
Barfa8yIEAAklBZ.jpg:large

Will we ever find out what went down with him and AVB?

Salazar

In this instance I agree. At least Chiriches has taken up his mantle as wacky defender-in-chief, some of his dribbling inside the box is...pulse-quickening.

You should hear me when United try and play it on the ground, slowly, down the middle, out of our box.

Guaranteed to happen, nowadays. Likewise dawdling on the ball facing our goal and hoping for a foul when the inevitable, usually legit, challenge comes in.

Kenka

yeah, I read about his release clause a month ago. typical neverkusen
I wonder if this means Draxler is leaving in summer

Absolutely ridiculous for both Sam and Leverkusen is the news is true : Sam because he would be leaving for a shit team, Leverkusen because they won't be able to capitalize on the transfer.

Top Bottom