• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

rvy

Banned
It should matter. If the top teams in Portugal won´t give a chance to the young Portuguese players, who will?

Yeah, because one Bruma wasn't enough. We need more entitled litlte cunts who haven't won shit but behave like they're CL champions.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We missed three golden chances :( Peluso made a FANTASTIC run, but then realized that this isn't FIFA and he's still Peluso

Are we being jeered because their team shit?

Depends how soft the limit is. Is asking for a minimum of 3 or 4 Portuguese players to be on the pitch at the same time too harsh?

Porto has 4 Portuguese players on their squad and Benfica 6 (3 of them are almost never used). Hell will freeze before both clubs allow a rule like that to be implemented.

i8i2DhjJ5XZLz.gif

no

no pls

NO

NO

Talk about irony. As I was writing about how the top Portuguese clubs should give more chances to the young Portuguese players, a young Portuguese player who used to play for Benfica but was never given a proper chance just scored against them.

Bumhead

Banned
FIFA 14 is an amazing game to play online if the only two fucking buttons you know how to press are L1+triangle.

Anyone got any tips on how and when this becomes fun? Considering ditching Ultimate Team. I'm only in Division 8 and it's already a race to see who can just launch it to the fastest player in the game. Fucking sick of seeing Kone.

Suen

Why did I believe in Bologna.

Juve meltdown in second half, believe

But I don't hate Juve, Juve-GAF

L1NETT

Bumhead if you don't like Kone, you could always get Michail Antonio. He is pretty good, plays for some tinpot club in real life though ;-)

Nothing good will come out of this.

I know, but i'm a sucker for these hype events pretending to be an award show. I need that Witcher 3 footage. I neeeeeeed it.

Wilbur

Banned
FIFA 14 is an amazing game to play online if the only two fucking buttons you know how to press are L1+triangle.

Anyone got any tips on how and when this becomes fun? Considering ditching Ultimate Team. I'm only in Division 8 and it's already a race to see who can just launch it to the fastest player in the game. Fucking sick of seeing Kone.

Shit on one player innit. Clubs and beating my brother is where it's at

Hixx

Ultra defensive pretty much nullifies chipped through balls.

You will get some incredibly salty messages about playing ultra defensive though.

I enjoy them.

Portugal national team will be fine. Their clubs will continue to give chances to young Brazilians who will then be naturalized in 5-6 years. I hear Fernando is going to be the next one.

rvy

Banned
Portugal national team will be fine. Their clubs will continue to give chances to young Brazilians who will then be naturalized in 5-6 years. I hear Fernando is going to be the next one.

Why does this shit even matter to begin with? Portugal is irrelevant as irrelevant can be as far as official competitions are concerned. Top teams investing in Portuguese talent will not change this, all the talent is a bunch of entitled cunts that end up leaving as soon as they have a chance to and turning into major flops.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
An account on twitter called Brazil 2014 Fraud (I RT'd him just now) got the draw and Italy being the 2nd team right 21 hours ago

I need to follow a new sport

Cycling?

Why does this shit even matter to begin with? Portugal is irrelevant as irrelevant can be as far as official competitions are concerned. Top teams investing in Portuguese talent will not change this, all the talent is a bunch of entitled cunts that end up leaving as soon as they have a chance to and turning into major flops.

Yes, better to spend millions on young foreign talents who are nothing more than a bunch of entitled cunts that end up leaving as soon as they have a chance to and turning into major flops.

It matters to some people. I don't know if I'd support Zenit the same way if it was just full of foreign mercenaries.

rvy

Banned
Yes, better to spend millions on young foreign talents who are nothing more than a bunch of entitled cunts that end up leaving as soon as they have a chance to and turning into major flops.

Might as well, seeing as those foreign talents got us to one European final. And I certainly don't expect loyalty from people who weren't even born in this country, so I couldn't give less two shits about them leaving for money.

It matters to some people. I don't know if I'd support Zenit the same way if it was just full of foreign mercenaries.

Welcome to 21st century football.

Top Bottom