• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Ba1mX4hIEAA-c6v.jpg

Bruno signed for the Brazilian Inter merda.

Koko

Banned
Salazar I don't like the implication that Moyes can only win with 12 players

Also Lindegaard uwotm8

:loool

Marca is saying Di María is gone to Monaco. I know this some bullshit by Marca but I can see Di María going to play somewhere else if he is not promised some more minutes, which would be such a shame because he has easily been our most underrated player for the past seasons.

wedward

Except for the 30% or so of Arsenal that Usmanov owns. Possibly the most tainted oil money on the planet.

If he were willing to sell we would have a line around the block of people looking to buy his shares.

We also refuse to accept any of his money. The club realize what a shit-bag he is.

Lightning

Banned
Can Man United serve up some lol's to start the weekend footy? Yes please.

West Ham, Southampton and Stoke better not all be shit this weekend. Southampton are walking wounded so they get a pass when they lose but the hammers and Stoke better put in performances.

wedward

Yeah. It's totally a moral stand that Kroenke and the board are taking against someone who wants total control.

lol

Stop talking garbage.

Don't act like you know what you are talking about.

Usmanov has offered the team cash on multiple occasions and they have refused.

Even if Kroenke doesn't want to sell why wouldn't they take the free cash?

Salazar

Even if Kroenke doesn't want to sell why wouldn't they take the free cash?

Kroenke runs the board. Kroenke reputedly (pretty clearly) loathes Usmanov. Pretty odd to conjure an ostensibly independent "they" to talk about.

At best, it's terror of being squished at FFP time - which I'm not criticising. I think Arsenal have cut right down to the bone in the past, and been guilty of doing things on the cheap, but I like the fact that they take the regulations seriously. It's fucking hilarious, though, that you would even begin to pretend that it's some kind of moral reticence.

And lol at "free cash". Usmanov has been unstintingly candid about his desire for a transformational degree of control over the way the club is run. I'm embarrassed that you would credit the idea that Kroenke resists an overtly antagonistic minor shareholder's overtures out of principle.

wedward

Kroenke runs the board. Kroenke reputedly (pretty clearly) loathes Usmanov. Pretty odd to conjure an ostensibly independent "they" to talk about.

At best, it's terror of being squished at FFP time. It's fucking hilarious that you would even begin to pretend that it's some kind of moral reticence.

And lol at "free cash". Usmanov has been unstintingly candid about his desire for a transformational degree of control over the way the club is run. I'm embarrassed that you would credit the idea that Kroenke resists an overtly antagonistic minor shareholder's overtures out of principle.

The Arsenal board blocked Usmanov from taking control before Kroenke was an owner.

Salazar

The Arsenal board blocked Usmanov from taking control before Kroenke was an owner.

Going right back, yes. It was also tied with a return to the board for David Dein. Is it any surprise that Hill-Wood didn't like the sound of that ?

Kroenke was hardly out of the picture when Usmanov was pushing hard the first time, too. The man was roundly in the frame as an alternative.

Lightning

Banned
Dealing with Usmanov was what promoted Arsenal board to oust David Dein. Arsenal board loath that guy and have done for many years. I believe it was Danny Fizeman who was so adamantly against Usmanov initially.

Salazar

Everton are gonna Lukaku you anyhow.

No points, Lightning. Not a fucking sausage.

Just watched some Wilf U21 highlights. Annoying that he and Fabio both play well, and play well together, and don't look close to getting a sniff.

wedward

Dealing with Usmanov was what promoted Arsenal board to oust David Dein. Arsenal board loath that guy and have done for many years. I believe it was Danny Fizeman who was so adamantly against Usmanov initially.

Right, Fizeman sold some of his shares to Kroenke.

So why did they chose Kroenke over Usmanov, Salazar?

Usmanov has more money and is willing to spend.

bjaelke

IUqoOks.jpg

It's no EASY, but it's the best one out there.

Fuck that Destiny release date. I can't play it at all for a while after the release because my military service begins in July and it takes six months at minimum. I'll probably miss Uncharted 4 as well if it releases next year..

I'm missing all the news over at gaming side after the twitter account went down again.

Lightning

Banned
I'm afraid we will drop some points today
Oh yeah big scary Werder Bremen in the bottom half of the table pose such a threat to you while you're secretly sitting back and laughing your ass off while Dortmund and Leverkusen beat the shit out of one another.

I hate you. I hate your team. I don't even know you, and I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and nobody else but you.

My man. Bayern-GAF's faux-pessimism is beginning to grate

Some of you knobends had better be on BF4 tonite.

Atmosphere will be very, very interesting if Newcastle score first

Blablurn

Oh yeah big scary Werder Bremen in the bottom half of the table pose such a threat to you while you're secretly sitting back and laughing your ass off while Dortmund and Leverkusen beat the shit out of one another.
Unlike u guys i watched the last bayern games. And they seem pretty tired. Doesnt help that half of the squad is injured.

Unlike u guys i watched the last bayern games. And they seem pretty tired. Doesnt help that half of the squad is injured.

Leverkusen are coming second
Leverkusen lost 5-0 at home to Moyes United

Dropping a single point in the Bundesliga is inexcusable, not even doicare should be able to justify it.

Salazar

Atmosphere will be very, very interesting if Newcastle score first

Personal message going out to our CBs: If Remy is within 10 yards of you, release the fucking ball. Just fucking clear it if need be. Do not get caught on it. Do not try and dribble it out of our box after a scramble. Do not try and gently weight passes in the middle of the pitch. You're not paid for subtlety. Remove the threat.

I can't bear the dawdling.

And Evans running forward with the ball holding his arms out in a "where are my options" gesture. If you are in a state of puzzlement, lad, don't fucking carry the ball into their half.

Blablurn

Leverkusen are coming second
Leverkusen lost 5-0 at home to Moyes United

Dropping a single point in the Bundesliga is inexcusable, not even doicare should be able to justify it.
Leverkusen is not nade for prime time. United was lucky. Totally expect Leverkusen to win today.

Lightning

Banned
Don't be funny. You could play your reserves and still beat Bremen. Schakle are 2 points off 4th despite being shit all season. Dortmund have hard games and also a lot injuries and Leverkusen are no threat whatsoever to Bayern and you know it.

Blablurn

Don't be funny. You could play your reserves and still beat Bremen. Schakle are 2 points off 4th despite being shit all season. Dortmund have hard games and also a lot injuries and Leverkusen are no threat whatsoever to Bayern and you know it.
Lets see tonight. Bremen could rest the whole week while we had a very difficult cup game.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm afraid the sun might not rise tomorrow or bud might not masturbate onto a black and white photo of wilbury's mom from 1981

My mother was 13 in 1981

Good luck bud

Explain that to the authorities

Just because it's black and white doesn't mean it's art

A Song of Ice and Fire would be better if
Dany's exploits were just mentioned in the background, or if there were only 3 or 4 chapters per book focussed on her. Boring setting, boring character, boring support cast, boring plot progression

Westeros is so much more interesting

Wilbur

Banned
I'm so fucking tired. Went out, fell asleep at 5, up at 7:45 to go to a work meeting. And I really wanna stay awake because it's football all day but I reckon I'll drop off pretty soon after the 3pm fixtures start :( I have 2000 words to do before Wednesday as well ughhhhhh

Oh my god I'm sitting in the middle of the tram where it connects and it's twisting

I can't handle this

Life
Is
The
Worst
It's
Being
A
Bayern
Fan

Lightning

Banned
England collapsed badly in the Ashes cricket match. Ended their chances of winning this match, going to be hard to save the match for them now.

I'm so fucking tired. Went out, fell asleep at 5, up at 7:45 to go to a work meeting. And I really wanna stay awake because it's football all day but I reckon I'll drop off pretty soon after the 3pm fixtures start :( I have 2000 words to do before Wednesday as well ughhhhhh

Oh my god I'm sitting in the middle of the tram where it connects and it's twisting

I can't handle this

Life
Is
The
Worst
It's
Being
A
Bayern
Fan

Spelling: A
Grammar: B
Creative Writing: B+
Analysis of text: C+
Acrostic poetry: U

Why do they always give the kids a ballon in mcds?

Maybe I'm unhappy maybe a ballon would cheer me up?

I'm the fucker who's gotta spend the next 8 hours on a busy shop floor.

Wilbur

Banned
If this is a metaphor, I am going to break your jaw.

I'd rather you did that than endure the hell I'm currently going through

It's like that big road in fellowship of the ring frodo stares down and it does that weird shit zoom

That's all I see right now. Visions of Cabaye at the end thumping shots past a prone Smalling

Top Bottom