• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

phaze

iEKSk7jSsfx4o.gif

izlqxzBktj11S.gif

Glorious.

GHG

Gold Member
I don't see where I said that. A bargain buy that turns out to be quality is a hard find, especially in the centre of midfield.

It's going to cost United big money. They might find a young player for 10m somewhere but that would have to be in addition to proven top level quality, I think.

Scouts haven't been up to much good lately anyway.

Cazorla was a proven quality spanish international when we bought him...

Just because you spend a lot on someone it doesn't automatically mean they will be proven quality. See Fellaini & Lamela.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Moyes isnt getting sacked and I sincerely hope people start to wake up to the horrendously negative football we play and the fact that 4-5 of our players are nto good enough.7

The culling is coming, next season United will be very different

bud

Arsenal are still pussy. That's why they lost to us.

We're just shite..

cloff, while you are reminiscing your forgettable win against arsenal, arsenal will be the ones who'll play champions league football next season.

while arsenal will be playing on the podium of dreams, you'll be playing somewhere in kazakhstan.

you will witness the pre-match ritual of bleeding a sheep.

please understand.

Ashes

Banned
Well played Newcastle. Man Utd have central midfield woes and they killed us off by flooding the midfield very well.

LegoArmo

Cazorla was a proven quality spanish international when we bought him...

Just because you spend a lot on someone it doesn't automatically mean they will be proven quality. See Fellaini.

Fellaini is such a terrible buy, and United got shafted on the price.

Even Arsenal spent 42m this summer in the same position as Cazorla.

Clegg

cloff, while you are reminiscing your forgettable win against arsenal, arsenal will be the ones who'll play champions league football next season.

while arsenal will be playing on the podium of dreams, you'll be playing somewhere in kazakhstan.

you will witness the pre-match ritual of bleeding a sheep.

please understand.
I was giving your fellow Arsenal fans the answer to the question they asked.

And we won't finish high enough for Europa League football.

doicare

The thing i liked best about Newcastle's goal was how the ball randomly deflected off Sissoko's head as Evra headed it clear taking it perfectly down the wing allowing Sissoko to cross and then Cabaye's shot which wouldn't have gone in then gets another deflection taking it past De Gea. Real class. I also liked how Newcastle constantly fouled United all game long (18 f*cking times) and got away with many more. Golf clap.

man utd is gonna finish out of the top 4 and miss out in CL

looks like pool will take their spot

Even if we beat West Ham, our fixture list between now and January will kill us. Gonna be very tough to regain momentum earky enough into the new year to mount a top 4 challenge I fear. And as bad as Spurs have been, they're still close. Think it'll be City-Arsenal-Chelsea-Spurs in the end

Wilbur

Banned
Have to say Newcastle were brilliant today; Remy, Tiote and the entire back four in particular. Showed tactical nous, played a nice passing game, and they fought for every ball. Something none of our players did.

Just a terrible, terrible, terrible performance. And season.

doicare

The fuck are you talking about? They played well enough to win and Evra gifted them the chance to pull ahead. The game was relatively even for the most part, United laid on the pressure but never looked like cutting apart Newcastle United's defense. The difference was at the back, and Newcastle were better there.

Looked like a decent team vs a decent team, not last year's champions vs last year's relegation battlers.
Their goal was a fluke, Newcastle fouled all game, United came the closest to scoring.

At work, sneaked off to check the score

Oh my

Pls

LOL best feeling ever. I now know what a multiple orgasm is like.

Motes boys. Pardgod's men

Into

Decline of a club happens not when its "lolz" when they lose a freak game here or there, they all do that a few times a season

No, a decline happens when you are no longer surprised by it, when you expect it. Man United is a club in decline. Mere Champions League participation next year looks out of reach

GQman2121

Banned
This is really getting fucking old. I think using an ignore list on a forum is absolutely stupid but you are the first person ever on this forum to make me consider otherwise.

Join the club, and stop quoting him, so those of us who have him on ignore don't have to see this shit. Cheers

Fry

Even if we beat West Ham, our fixture list between now and January will kill us. Gonna be very tough to regain momentum earky enough into the new year to mount a top 4 challenge I fear. And as bad as Spurs have been, they're still close. Think it'll be City-Arsenal-Chelsea-Spurs in the end

Dec 15 16:00 GMT Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool
Dec 21 12:45 GMT Liverpool v Cardiff City
Dec 26 17:30 GMT Manchester City v Liverpool
Dec 29 16:00 GMT Chelsea v Liverpool

Fuuuuuu. I'm sad now.

I'll believe it when I see it. Giving Nani a big new contract was a fucking baffler, really. He's not up for it.

Likewise transfers in. I put no stock in the words of that bleary looking twat Woodward.

This. Not just Moyes, but the while change in guard at united doesn't give me much hope. The summer transfer season was a big joke.

We might have been better off with Mike Phelan taking over.

GHG

Gold Member
Fellaini is such a terrible buy, and United got shafted on the price.

Even Arsenal spent 42m this summer in the same position as Cazorla.

If anybody has watched our games this year they will realise that the most important acquisition on the field for us has been a little angry frenchman who cost us nothing.

The PS4 is one week too late. I can't concentrate on studying like this, I think I need to go out and do something else other than FootyGAF.

Suarez will never look cute with those teeth. Even if he's doing something funny.

Feorax

True, but most of our games against the top teams are away games in the first half of the season. In the new year, the only team we play away from home out of last year's top 7 is United.

Xmas will be tough, but we just need to get what we can and strengthen in Jan. if we do that we could have a really good second half of the season.

Larson

Banned
United seriously need some pace in that midfield. Buy everything in January! Throw money at everyone, if we don't get a single quality midfielder I'm going to cry.

I'm not doubting Moyes, but i don't think he is the right man at the moment, he can be in time. Today he has no idea what he is doing. I have still not seen a single moment where the club is standing up and turns the game over. If Moyes cant even get the attitude right in the dressing room, what the fuck is he doing at Old Trafford. We are not Everton, we are the champions of england.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
What the hell happened in the United game?

If you saw the Everton game you saw this one, carbon copy, we got dominated in midfield, we created nothing, Newcastle scored on the break.

There is no mystery about how to beat United at the moment, its incredibly simple.

doicare

This is really getting fucking old. I think using an ignore list on a forum is absolutely stupid but you are the first person ever on this forum to make me consider otherwise.
Still waiting to be proved wrong, everybody likes to talk about how i'm "sooooooooo wrong" yet nobody ever proves it. Nearly every single time United lose it's because of injuries and/or bad luck.

Have to say Newcastle were brilliant today; Remy, Tiote and the entire back four in particular. Showed tactical nous, played a nice passing game, and they fought for every ball. Something none of our players did.

Just a terrible, terrible, terrible performance. And season.
They were not brilliant.

Neither were Everton.

Hixx

#MUFC 0 #NUFC 1 FT
Possession%: 47-53 |
Passes: 373-439 |
Accuracy%: 79-81 |
Final 3rd: 93-126 |
Accuracy%: 59-70 |
Shots: 8(4)-9(3)

literally outplayed by newcastle at home

KuGsj.gif